shape
carat
color
clarity

Songs that really move you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh Child, Things are gonna get easier... I can't remember what it's called, who it's by

Blackbird by Sara Gazarek (most beautiful thing I've ever heard)

Would You Come With Me (or something like that) by Josh Turner

I'm Gonna Make You Love Me - The Jayhawks

Seasons of Love - Rent

Out Tonight - Rent

ETA: and...anything written before 1830 accompanied by a pipe organ. Not popular, but I find traditional church music incredibly moving.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
And every time I hear this song I think of my high school friends I lost in the Vietnam War. I think of them and still get tears in my eyes, even after all of these years.

For What Its Worth: Buffalo Springfield

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, quite a few actually...

Nessun Dorma (sung by Pavarotti)
Che Gelida Manina (sung by Pavarotti)
O Mio Babbino Caro
Time To Say Goodbye - Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli (Can''t remember how to spell his name)
I''ve Finally Found Someone (Bryan Adams and Babra Streisand)
Vincent (Don Mclean)
Broken Hearted Me (England Dan and John Ford Coley)
That''s All I''ll Ask Of You by Andrew Lloyd Webber - Like both versions by Sarah Brightman as well as Babra Streisand
Heaven and Earth (Al Jarreau)
Promise Me (Beverly Craven)
You''ll Still The One - Shania Twain
Breathe - Faith Hill
All I Want Is You - U2

and I can''t remember the title of the song that goes ".. angels cry roses and rain, angels don''t know any pain, so darling when you hear your papa''s name, think of angels roses and rain.."

and many many more..

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add And So It Goes by Billy Joel. That song makes me tear up every time!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely, easy listening:

Hearts and Bones, Paul Simon (MY FAVORITE SONG.)
Landslide, Fleetwood Mac
Another Galaxy, Paul Simon
Good Things, The Bodeans
Scenes From an Italian Restaurant, Billy Joel

Songs that get me ready to go out and partAY:

American Woman, Lenny Kravitz
My Sharona, The Knack
Pinball Wizard, The Who

There are so many more. I have a favorite songs list on my iPod that''s grown to over fifty songs. These are the ones that popped into my head first.

Great thread.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Caravan (Van Morrison)
Oh Very Young (Cat Stevens)
Free Fallin'' (Tom Petty)
My Own Two Hands (Ben Harper)
Whistles the Wind (Flogging Molly)
Not Dark Yet (Bob Dylan)
Float On (Modest Mouse)
Anchorage (Michelle Shocked)
Darlin do not Fear (Brett Dennan)
Fool in the Rain (Led Zeppelin)
Daniel (Elton John)

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 2:15:08 AM
Author: miraclesrule
This is even more difficult than choosing favorite movies.
38.gif

I have sooooooo many. I''m not listening to anything right now, but in my car, I have a 6-disc player and the current selection is:

1) A custom blend of ''pick me up'' from Sade to Carlos Santana and Rob Thomas to Annie Lennox to Jewel. An eclectic mix.

2) Mariah Carey-Emancipation of Mimi

3) Matchbox 20

4) Alicia Keys

5) Joss Stone

6) Mariah Carey E=MC2

I guess I have been in a real female R&B mood lately.

I love the dancing smiley. So cute. We''re like kindred spirits or something, I go through different periods of listening to other things, but female R&B is like my constant.

Here''s my list:

Call Me When You Get This - Corrine Bailey Rae
No One Will Do and Be Without You - Mary J. Blige (From The Breakthrough, which is a fantastic album)
I Wish You Knew - Mariah Carey (From Emancipation)
The Roof, My All, Fourth of July - Mariah Carey (From Butterfly, her BEST album)
Luther Vandross - Live at Radio City Music Hall, this was actually the first album I bought on itunes and put on my first iPod, way back in 2003, when I was a wee little 18!
A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion
I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
At Your Best (You Are Love) - Aaliyah (It''s actually an Isley Brothers song, but her version is so simple and elegant.)
Let''s Stay Together - Al Green (Michelle Williams also has an excellent version.)
Pretty much anything Anita Baker sings. I heart her so much.

And then, it seems like Alica Keys releases something at a defining moments in my life. When I first met Nate, The Diary of Alicia Keys was like on constant rotation in my iPod. And then her latest CD was released around the time we had our ceremony and I think I played No One WAAAAAY too much. I can listen to that CD over and over again.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 11:16:27 AM
Author: diamondfan
I am always touched by Sarah McLachlan 'I will remember you' which makes me cry...
i always tear up at this song I love it! I saw him perform it here in concert and he dedicated it to a husband an wife who lived in my city who were killed in a plane crash. There was not a dry eye in the house
7.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I love lots of songs but some in particular move me to tears.
I love Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley. I put in repeat and crank it up in my car. I get funny looks.
Into My Arms by Nick Cave. Love love it.
Fix You by Coldplay Love this song but can't bear to listen to it because I dissolve in a flood of tears. My son's precious dog was killed on my son's 17th birthday. He constanlty played this song for weeks after it because he felt the words totally spoke of how he wished he could make hs beloved dog come back (Tears are streaming down my face as I type this)
8.gif
Elgars Cello Concerto so strring.
Danny Boy.
Send in the Clowns (my beautiful mother's favourite song).
Best leave now getting far too emotional
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One that came to mind first, but there are many.

This one

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 11:07:23 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 8/8/2008 11:01:23 AM
Author: Maisie
These Days by Bon Jovi really moves me. It reminds me of a certain time in my life where everything was upside down and I was really sad. I don''t listen to it and think bad things... I just listen and think of how I am in such a better place now.
I know of another song which really moves you bruddah.....
41.gif

* clears throat*.......
11.gif
9.gif

''I AM YOUR BRUDDAH...... YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER...............''
huggies.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing Fancy by Dave Barnes (check it out on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EcS-LpwxMo)

And anything by James Morrison

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Jeff Buckley''s "Last Goodbye" too Katebar!!
Also, Reba McIntyre''s ''If I had only known''
Starship''s ''Sarah,''
Beethoven''s Moonlight Sonata (that man was a genius). I loved the Movie Immortal Beloved a must see if you never seen it
Beethoven''s Symphony No.9.
Journey''s "Don''t stop Believing"

Here are the 10 Most Downloaded songs of the 70,80,90''s http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/12235/chart-watch-extra-the-10-most-downloaded-golden-oldies

This is a Similar thread Zoe did to this one https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-certain-songs-give-you-the-chills.75227/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results