shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone broke into our house!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Hawthorne is only one of aprox. 300 cities that comprise the greater Los Angeles area of roughly 12 million people. I lived in Bev Hills for 6 years 1971-1977and the BHPD treated break ins the same. Not that it matters, but Hawthorne was a much nicer burb in 1978
2.gif

Good luck with your investigation. Maybe they''ll send out CSI just like on TV
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about this. It''s make one feel so vulnerable and violated when someone enters your property and helps themselves to your stuff...broken or not.

I hope you get it all sorted out.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!! I''m so sorry! I hope the police can find a way to resolve this.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your break in.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC, I am so sorry to read what happened to you. Hugs to you my friend.

Linda

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 2:40:29 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Good luck with your investigation. Maybe they'll send out CSI just like on TV
9.gif
Thanks. And best of luck to you and enjoy your rape and pillage filled city. Sounds like YOU need every bit of luck you can get!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 12:50:28 PM
Author: Linda W
MC, I am so sorry to read what happened to you. Hugs to you my friend.

Linda
Thanks again for everyones'' support!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry-that is so creepy and awful. If I were you I would certainly report it. I think it is a good idea. I am sure that the thieves have quite likely stolen before and will likely continue to steal in the future. I think that it''s good for the police to (at the very least) be aware that break-ins are occurring in the area. If they ignore it then at least you did your very best to report it. And thats all you can do. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that they get caught slim chance or not. Here''s to hoping that they can stop doing this to people and turn their lives around also. I also think that when something bad like that happens reporting it gives you more closure and empowers you.

I agree with SanDiegoLady-they are going to be very surprised when they find out the TV is broken. Can you picture the look on their faces when they try to get that sucker to work?

Bring family or friends to help you with the interior clean-up after the police have done what they need to do of course. No way should you have to do that alone. After you get that done go do something really fun-like dinner or movie, kickboxing, manicure, new shoes or whatever your fun of choice is. Cause that is really cruddy to have to deal with.

I might also before I clean up take a few pictures to have as proof but that is because I am a lawyers daughter and have been always taught in a bad situation to get pictures of my own and write down what happened with all the details I remember as soon as possible. That can maybe help a bit when dealing with insurance.

Personally I don''t answer the door to people who are not known and invited. I have lived in some crappy areas so I am very careful. I remember one time we were in a temp apartment put up by work when we moved to a new city and were looking for a place to live. There were some very creepy guys who worked at the building who were creepy and tasteless to me even when my Mother was visiting. They had all the master keys too. Even the security guard at the building gave me bad vibes. When I worked out in the workout room even when my husband was there with me (across the room in a place not visible to the guard)he would stop patrolling the building to stand and leer and be a creep. And ladies we know when someone is being an obvious creep versus just doing their job. FYI I dress very covered.

One day I was there in my apartment and a creepy guy tried to get into my place saying he needed to do repairs. I was like "um nope none are scheduled". As I said this I was looking through the peephole. So Mr. McCreepy says "Oh wrong number" without so much as checking his clipboard or glancing at my address numbers which were off to the side.

So ladies be careful NO getting the door for creeps OK.

MC I am so sorry this really bites. No getting around that. Sending hugs and support.
7.gif

Female half 2Artists

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MC-just wanted to say that I hope that things are looking up and going a little bit better today.
1.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC, I''m so sorry this happened to you! I totally understand how you feel creeped out and violated.
7.gif

I''ve never had something like this happen personally, but the house two doors down from us was broken into not too long ago. (This isn''t very typical . . . we live in a quiet neighborhood, in a very small town.) The couple who lives in that house is older, and he is still working but she is retired so she''s home by herself all day. He had just left for work about an hour before this happened. She was upstairs and heard a noise downstairs. She walked to the top of the stairs and looked down into the living room, and saw two scruffy looking guys standing there! She said, "What are you doing?!?!" They left in a hurry as soon as they realized that someone was home (thank God). So, needless to say, that incident really alarmed everyone in our neighborhood. Scary stuff!!!
38.gif

Good luck to you with the investigation! If it makes you feel any better, try to imagine how disappointed the thieves must have been when they found out that their cool new TV doesn''t work! LOL!
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results