color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1445902293|3942382 said:
minousbijoux|1445896873|3942359 said:
There are more and more excellent cutters with great stones available these days. Here is a lovely 2.6 ct blue sapphire from Johannes Orstadius. Really nice guy, easy to deal with. Anyway, the stone is not only precision cut, but is a sought after emerald step cut. Heat only Sri Lankan stone, $2,970. Good price for a blue sapphire of decent size.

Gorgeous stone but man the detail in that picture is incredible. You can see every ridge of his fingerprint! I know this kind of photo quality has been around for a long time but it never fails to impress me.

I noticed that too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had the money id have snatched that emerald cut

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are more and more excellent cutters with great stones available these days. Here is a lovely 2.6 ct blue sapphire from Johannes Orstadius. Really nice guy, easy to deal with. Anyway, the stone is not only precision cut, but is a sought after emerald step cut. Heat only Sri Lankan stone, $2,970. Good price for a blue sapphire of decent size.

I was very impressed when I saw this too. Did you see his heart shaped one? Yes it's a heart but the color seemed lovely and it was a very fair price ? It was like 1165 ish 1.6 ct

fb_img_1445938732749.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1445938801|3942475 said:

I was very impressed when I saw this too. Did you see his heart shaped one? Yes it's a heart but the color seemed lovely and it was a very fair price ? It was like 1165 ish 1.6 ct

Yes, I agree completely and was hoping another PSer would post his heart. I immediately thought of DK, of course. ;))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that one too! It's so beautiful!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock

I am trying to convince the hubs this should be the heart that I have been wanting to get in an askew setting.
Saw that sapphire and never thought of one for the pendant but it is gorgeous.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1445964602|3942605 said:

Yes, I agree completely and was hoping another PSer would post his heart. I immediately thought of DK, of course. ;))

I though of DK too!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that blue sapphire heart! :love:

Shame that the piggy bank is empty for CS purchases except for a committed project with Jeff W, as I am concentrating on setting the nicer stones for next year.

DK :))

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone but man the detail in that picture is incredible. You can see every ridge of his fingerprint! I know this kind of photo quality has been around for a long time but it never fails to impress me.
I sure don't want to minimize the caliber of his gem offerings, his awesome photography, and other accomplishments-achievements (he's still in college - no wonder he looks so young to me)
https://se.linkedin.com/pub/johannes-orstadius/16/43a/237
but I don't think Johannes himself is a cutter; there's nothing about that on his company's web site & there are 2 cutters in house there:
http://adelstensgruppen.se/om-oss/mot-oss
Google's loose translation of the page into English:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fadelstensgruppen.se%2Fom-oss%2Fmot-oss

ETA: I Googled him in an effort to find out how those of us who don't have a Facebook account could purchase from him. Alas, his company web site's marketplace seems to be reserved for those in the trade & I didn't find an alternative venue for consumers. But like Poodles4me, I'm hoping someone knows of a non-FB way.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1445988664|3942779 said:
I sure don't want to minimize the caliber of his gem offerings, his awesome photography, and other accomplishments-achievements (he's still in college - no wonder he looks so young to me)
https://se.linkedin.com/pub/johannes-orstadius/16/43a/237
but I don't think Johannes himself is a cutter; there's nothing about that on his company's web site & there are 2 cutters in house there:
http://adelstensgruppen.se/om-oss/mot-oss
Google's loose translation of the page into English:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fadelstensgruppen.se%2Fom-oss%2Fmot-oss

ETA: I Googled him in an effort to find out how those of us who don't have a Facebook account could purchase from him. Alas, his company web site's marketplace seems to be reserved for those in the trade & I didn't find an alternative venue for consumers. But like Poodles4me, I'm hoping someone knows of a non-FB way.

I know him - lovely guy, really honest, he is a maths/physics wizz in real life and he has a small business with two other guys buying and selling gemstones, he does have a go at cutting himself but has a few people who are great cutters who cut stones for him. Most of his stones are better when they show up IRL than his photos. If any of you live in Europe he knows jewellers there that he can recommend.

Anyone should be able to contact him via Facebook OR via his webpage which is outdated he admits that most of the stones on it have been sold but the contact details I think should still work. He deals with people in the trade and consumers as far as I am aware.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1445992041|3942793 said:
I know him - lovely guy, really honest, he is a maths/physics wizz in real life and he has a small business with two other guys buying and selling gemstones, he does have a go at cutting himself but has a few people who are great cutters who cut stones for him. Most of his stones are better when they show up IRL than his photos. If any of you live in Europe he knows jewellers there that he can recommend.

Anyone should be able to contact him via Facebook OR via his webpage which is outdated he admits that most of the stones on it have been sold but the contact details I think should still work. He deals with people in the trade and consumers as far as I am aware.
Nice to hear of your first-hand experience with him, arkie, thanks!
This web page states it's a wholesale operation & directs consumers to Scandinavian goldsmiths/jewelers (list of them under header in left-hand sidebar)
But I will try reaching out via e-mail. Costs me nothing & the worst that can happen is that he says he wants to deal with consumers only through that Facebook group, so I will have to continue to derive vicarious pleasure from the postings here of his gems. But I hope he gives us non-Facebookers a chance!
Contact info, for anyone else who'd like it, is here:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think MollyM that if you let him know you are a consumer/collector he will give you a retail price, he deals with both. Ask for a return period which I assume he would be O.K with and you should be fine.

S

SparkliesLuver

picante27

Shiny_Rock
wow, that sapphire is gorgeous!

Bex

Shiny_Rock
Anyone in the market for a ~5.5mm sapphire? Looks gorgeous in the video.

12186349_890204531098862_8632956063233535179_o.jpg

From Jeff Davies's Facebook:

JK2671 - 1.12ct Sapphire - Madagascar
5.50 x 4.18 mm,
eye clean, custom cut, UNHEATED,
$875 including shipping

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
chris_a_tourmaline.jpg

Chris A has this for sale.
2.45 Afghan Tourmaline

coas222

Rough_Rock
Hey Guys,

I am new here and relatively new to gemstones also. But i have been living in Bangkok this past 6 months and spent a lot of time looking at gemstones. I am looking to buy a stone and i found yesterday this beautifiul Violet Sapphire that i just love.

I wanted to see what other people who have more experience then my self thought of the stone. Would love any comments and thoughts from more experienced members then my self.

The pictures are from my smartphone and not through a loupe and may not be the best. I think i read that it is best to see the stone through sunlight to i may try to get some pictures like that

Vendor is asking for $4600. Sapphire is Untreated

Thank you.!

vio2.jpg

vio4.jpg

vio1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you start a new thread on the sapphire, you'll get more responses. I do have a few questions but will wait until there is a separate thread for it.

coas222

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1447161870|3947697 said:
If you start a new thread on the sapphire, you'll get more responses. I do have a few questions but will wait until there is a separate thread for it.

Hi Chrono,

Thank you for the advice, I have now started a thread for "Violet Sapphire". Perhaps i should request to have the post here deleted since it is now a duplicate?

Appreciate your reply thank you.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently I need to make more money... some of these stones are SOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Arcadian said:
Apparently I need to make more money... some of these stones are SOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!! :love:

:lol: Ditto!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sapphire is being sold on LT for 1,200. I think it's gorgeous!

Here's the seller's description: Lovely precision cut lavender sapphire from Peter Torraca, sometimes lighter, sometimes more medium, sold to me as heated. 2.36ct, 7.38x8.47x4.56mm, eye clean.

image-1.jpg
image.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to post this stone. It looks to be a beautiful tsavorite for an excellent price. 1.25 ct oval for $800. 7.79x5.67x3.77mm, and eye clean. That's $640/ct, which is good these days.

joshua_rioux_tsav_pre.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice catches by our regulars. That sapphire looks like a lovely spinel (which to me is a compliment because I love spinels more than sapphires) and that tsavorite is very well priced!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Rockinruby|1447985598|3951926 said:
SparkliesLuver|1447961372|3951799 said:
Hurry! No words needed...

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/1-dot-05ct-afghan-tourmaline

Afghan tourmaline
1.05ct
4.83 x 7.01mm
$340

Sale pending! I hope a PSer got this one. It's beautiful! :appl:

lucky me! I've been watching for an afghan tourmaline for a while- my husband deployed there twice but I always told him not to buy any gems, except if there was a pretty and cheap lapis or something, but, I'm excited for this one- my first step cut gem!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
apacherose|1447987435|3951936 said:
Rockinruby|1447985598|3951926 said:
SparkliesLuver|1447961372|3951799 said:
Hurry! No words needed...

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/1-dot-05ct-afghan-tourmaline

Afghan tourmaline
1.05ct
4.83 x 7.01mm
$340

Sale pending! I hope a PSer got this one. It's beautiful! :appl:

lucky me! I've been watching for an afghan tourmaline for a while- my husband deployed there twice but I always told him not to buy any gems, except if there was a pretty and cheap lapis or something, but, I'm excited for this one- my first step cut gem!

Yay! :appl: :appl: Lucky you! I hope you will share pics when it arrives. I'm so excited for you! It's very pretty! :clap:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Rockinruby|1447988727|3951944 said:
Yay! :appl: :appl: Lucky you! I hope you will share pics when it arrives. I'm so excited for you! It's very pretty! :clap:

Thanks, Rockinruby- you are always so nice- I love the nice things you post on people's preloved listings and smtb's. I'll post pics. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results