shape
carat
color
clarity

Some Revolution stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2010 9:35:36 PM
Author: Revolution
Thanks for all the great comments guys. I really love to hear what you have to say.

One thing I would ask is: What do you NOT like in the stones I posted? Why don't you like it and what can I do better (besides learn to photograph the stones)?

The reason I ask is that I intend to start offering stones around mid-March and I want to make sure I have an inventory that appeals to the true gem-geeks (like myself). It is really hard for me to look at something I have cut and have an unbiased opinion so your critics would be really helpful. And don't worry. I am pretty thick skinned and virtually un-offendable so please be completely candid.

Thanks!
If you could take some pics of some of the stones directly on the table (without head shadow) if possible, it would be nice. Too much of a tilt window in your photos.

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
I noticed that as well. When I took these shots I was using a photo tent of sorts with indirect lighting. I need to find a happy medium between too much direct light and not enough ambient light.

I was at a convention all weekend (just walked in the door about 10 minutes ago) so i didn''t get a chance to do anything "gemmy" over the weekend. This coming week will be ugly because of follow-up from the convention but I intend to spend the bulk of next weekend working on my photography skills.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Want the sphalerite. Now! No, yesterday! (LOL, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results