shape
carat
color
clarity

Some of my loose gemstones - Part 2: Barry Gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
oh..oh..oh..part 2..have been waiting for these..the 5.46 is such a clean crisp looking color..your pics are very well taken..awesome color, the 2.96 has much more green the the 5.4 but still a great color, the 2.83 seems to have a slight turquoise undertone to me but could be the slight gray making it seem that way..love this color, a stone from the congo..very cool..don''t see those as often..I like this color to..another sweet stone, the 6.31 I am not as fond of this color..Barry''s shot looks good as do yours but for some reason this color just doesn''t do it for me, the nambian 1.67 has some killer color peeking out..wow..looks like some bright blue wanting to come out..love this color, the 2.62 is sweet also..you ever gpoing to heat it?..the color is still a nice blue-green and the gray is noticable but in no way detracts from the color for me..some folks maybe but not me..sweet stone and love the cushion, the 2.78 looks very nice too..it has a whole bunch of inclusions(just playin'' I know it is lint or fingerprints:):):)
9.gif
) the vendor pics it''s a solid green on the ends and a blue-green in the midle..a very cool stone

Some great stones..love the whole suite of blue-green stones..you get to see and compare a whole run of different tourms. in the same color range..thanks for the post SS..patiently waiting for part 3
1.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
those tangas are ridiculously gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing. I''m with amguy and waiting for part III.
9.gif

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite is the first Namabian blue green tourmaline (5 ct thereabouts), partly because it''s one of my favourite colours but also because of the intensity of colour. The others are quite good looking as well but I see that you are partial to blue, and blue green stones?
9.gif
You have quite a collection of Barry stones and it''s a pleasure to see something easy on the eyes. Yes, a few stones may show some gray but overall, they are still quite pretty because good cutting helps bring out the colour.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What a great collection. I really like the tourmalines (love the colours).

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Ltlfirecracker, Gypsy, Lovinggems, Kribbie, Burberrygirl, ma re, Amethystguy, Arcadian, Chrono and oddoneout.

Gypsy, I have no idea what to do with the step cuts yet, they will most likely end up being set in rings.

Amethystguy, Arcadian, Part 3 may not be too long to wait!
2.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 7:58:57 AM
Author: Chrono
My favourite is the first Namabian blue green tourmaline (5 ct thereabouts), partly because it''s one of my favourite colours but also because of the intensity of colour. The others are quite good looking as well but I see that you are partial to blue, and blue green stones?
9.gif
You have quite a collection of Barry stones and it''s a pleasure to see something easy on the eyes. Yes, a few stones may show some gray but overall, they are still quite pretty because good cutting helps bring out the colour.
Hi Chrono, yes, I love blue green stones including aquamarine and zircons. My favourite is also the 5 carater, I think it will go into an elaborate pendant.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, you have an amazing collection, but my favourites are your ECs. Just such beautiful cutting and colour.
9.gif

Thank you for sharing!
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well I just want to echo everything that''s been said and to ask for a group shot - pleeeese!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your collection, I have some
21.gif
with envy... they are gorgeous stones.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful gems. My favorites are the first round green and the Tanga emerald cut. Thanks for sharing.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you LTP, Gailey, D&T and Zeolite!

Gailey, I will try to get a group shot, that''s much more challenging than single shots
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ss- you must be Barry''s biggest fan! What gorgeous stones. Are these just to collect or are there setting plans??

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great stones! Gray or no, I can not help but get tingly over Barry''s cushions! Hm..that sounds a little inappropriate!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks icekid and packrat!

Icekid, I am collecting them and I will also be setting some of these. I have no concrete plans for any of these yet so I will set them when a suitable setting comes along.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:41:04 AM
Author: simplysplendid
Next is a darker bluish green (teal in some lighting) Namibian tourmaline, 1.67ct..
I think this one is my favorite but wow ss! You have a gorgeous green collection!
30.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 11:52:21 AM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 8/19/2009 2:41:04 AM
Author: simplysplendid
Next is a darker bluish green (teal in some lighting) Namibian tourmaline, 1.67ct..
I think this one is my favorite but wow ss! You have a gorgeous green collection!
30.gif
Thanks Brandy, I love that little guy too! I am thinking Sally lotus in white gold for this one.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, I love your collection! They are gorgeous!
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results