shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire settings

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll be interested to hear what bill has to say. I really like the wider one you posted too. I'm sure there is a way for you to be able to see and try on the setting before you buy it too. I'd ask Bill too for suggestions on a matching wedding band since ritani does make a matching one. Maybe they've got something or can do something that will work? maybe you can get them to make a matching band with it
31.gif
. I'm just glad to know there are other high maintainance jeweler shoppers like me
3.gif
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Well, I wouldn''t be so high maintenance if some jeweler carried the whole Ritani line! Furthermore, neither Ritani nor Tacori had a brochure available for me to take home with decent pictures. And neither website is any good as far as I am concerned. They both obviously get as much business as they want since they don''t see the need for customers to see their products! I''m going to see what Bill and Maytal say (she is out of town until Sunday), but I am seriously about to mount that diamond in a plain tiffany setting. Of course, I''ll still have to get a band, but hopefully that wouldn''t be as hard as this is!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 9:44:33 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Haha! Well, I wouldn''t be so high maintenance if some jeweler carried the whole Ritani line! Furthermore, neither Ritani nor Tacori had a brochure available for me to take home with decent pictures. And neither website is any good as far as I am concerned. They both obviously get as much business as they want since they don''t see the need for customers to see their products! I''m going to see what Bill and Maytal say (she is out of town until Sunday), but I am seriously about to mount that diamond in a plain tiffany setting. Of course, I''ll still have to get a band, but hopefully that wouldn''t be as hard as this is!

yes, but it would get very expensive for the jewelers to carry the whole lines. many wouldn''t have display room or the $$ to do it
40.gif
. I do agree that the web pics are terrible. Many designers don''t even like for detailed pictures to be online because people use them to make copies. I don''t think that''s the case with Ritani, they just need a better photographer and web designer
41.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to Mr. Pearlman, Ritani WILL make Kayla''s set in a 2.5 if requested. Also, today Christen at GOG sent me a few photos of my beautiful diamond sitting on a few simple solitaires! I am attaching the pictures and will give the width of each for reference.

This first one is a plain Stuller tiffany (2.5mm).

Stuller tiffany tv.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuller Solstice with pave diamonds added (2.75mm)

Stuller Solstice 15920601 pave dias tv.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ingwer channel set (3mm)

Ingwer Channel tv.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I see these, I don''t think I''d even want 2.5mm. That is apparently the width of my very thin band now (and my wedding band is about 2.85mm). I think the 2.75 band looks nice. The Ritani that is 2.9 and tapers smaller would probably be great.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Some nice ideas!! Never saw the stuller w/stones before....Do you have any other views????

Oh, your diamond is gorgeious, by the way.....!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 8:50:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Stuller Solstice with pave diamonds added (2.75mm)
Love this one, have never seen it before. Did they give you a profile shot of it??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! She said they added the pave to the Stuller at GOG. That''s a great idea, I think! Here''s a not so great side view...as you can see, my stone doesn''t fit this setting!

Stuller Solstice 15920601 pave dias sv (2).jpg

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
your stone looks so big in these settings!
36.gif

the prongs on the 3mm stuller looks way too big--yikes. I''m big on profile views of settings so that would come into play as well. My vote is for the Ritani if you can get that 2.9 one that tapers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, dl! I''ve just been kidding around that I''d set it in a Stuller tiffany setting if I couldn''t decide something soon! So Christen offered to take some pictures for me and I accepted because it does help to see the mm width of these bands. You don''t realize that 2.5mm is still a very thin band. That is exactly what my original diamond is set in, a plain 2.5mm tiffany setting and I have a diamond band that is a little wider. I may try on a similar setting to the Ritani I really want before making a decision. I do love the way the Ritani heads look from the side!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.5 mm is VERY thin (I think) and you know how petite I am. I like it for my wedding band b/c it doesn''t take away from my e-ring but am not sure I would like it for my e-ring. I think closer to 3 mm would look awesome with the size of your stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 11:20:22 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
2.5 mm is VERY thin (I think) and you know how petite I am. I like it for my wedding band b/c it doesn''t take away from my e-ring but am not sure I would like it for my e-ring. I think closer to 3 mm would look awesome with the size of your stone.
I agree! That Ritani that is 2.9 and tapers may just be perfect. That $7500 Tacori was very nice, too!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you post a picture of that Tacori?!? Ohhh....I love how you are always on here like me! It is so great. 2.9 would be a perfect width.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 11:32:47 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Did you post a picture of that Tacori?!? Ohhh....I love how you are always on here like me! It is so great. 2.9 would be a perfect width.
I want to see the Tacori too.......... PP?? Pretty please??
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, K and T, I want to show you the Tacori but getting a pciture has turned into an ordeal! I''ll post the best one I could find, but it is also on the homepage of the Tacori site. I really tried on a lot of them...but this one was just magnificent!

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

tacoriHT2336.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a little better picture of the solitaire:

tacoriHT2326SOL_alt.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ugh i really don''t like that tacori. i''m just not a fan of tacori settings at all, way too strong of a line for me...i like some of them (tacori e-ring is lovely) but for the most part it''s just like way too much going on with milgrain and stones and metal etc. it''s funny since when we were first shopping, i loved tacori and greg thought that the setting i liked was way too busy, but shortly after i realized that i agreed with him. funny how tastes change!!

this surprises me to say this but i really love the look of your stone in that first tiffany stuller 2.5mm! it looks huge and just so classic and all the focus is on the stone. i do not like the stuller channel set at all. it looks too blocky and thick and it''s not that the 2.5mm is thick, the whole setting just looks thick as in chunky.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
That''s funny Mara bc I was just about to post a similar opinion on the Tacori settings and then I saw yours. I used to really like the Tacori settings but my bf thought they were too busy and now I look at them (not all but a lot of them) are just way too busy and have so much going on. I guess I just like the cleaner and simpler looks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Tacori was drop dead gorgeous, but honestly, it was too much on me. I showed my husband Tacori and Ritani pictures and he said he didn''t like the Tacori but did like the Ritani. Of course, he''s never heard of either brand...he was just going by what he likes.

Mara, that is so funny you said that about the diamond looking good in that plain Stuller! I agree! I could easily just get that and a diamond band which is what I have now. It wouldn''t have pretty prongs, but the thinner prongs on that setting at least allow you to see the diamond well. That brings me back to my orignal idea of a Tiffany repro and a Tiffany 7 stone band. I''m trying hard to find something special that I would be satisfied with for the rest of my days, but when in doubt, I think it''s better to go with a sure thing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I obviously love Tacori. I think in real life they are much more delicate than in photographs. The milgrain on my ring is SOOO fine. The first one you posted is the same ring Punch''NPie and laney have and it looks great on them. I think it is a beautiful setting. For you however I do agree you would be happier with the Ritani. It is more subtle bling (and I know you are concerned about that)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh- I love that Stuller 2.5 mm DS!!! So classic and simple and clean, and really shows off your beautiful stone. The pave band is nice too, but it takes away a bit from your center, imo. I also am not really a fan of Tacori, only because I am a huge fan of classic simplicity- that is just more my taste!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Can you show a profile view of that Stuller? I don''t think everyone is necessarily just liking that Stuller in particular (at least not me) -- the vote is just more for Tiffany repros in general. Most tiffany repros have the same face up view but profile views can differ quite a bit. Like I mentioned above, I''m finicky about profile views so it''s just up to your own preference.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, let''s see. A platinum tiffany 2.5 stuller is around $500. and the Tacori is about $7500 (or maybe $5000-6000 at discount jewelers). My husband hasn''t asked prices, but this fact would probably blow his mind!!!
6.gif
Dani, my husband would thank you and the others voting for the tiffany look! I like Mrs. DJ''s new ring very much (more Cartier style), but I have realized that it appears narrower than the 2.5, and 2.5mm is my minimum. Plus I want my stone set lower.

One thing I have been advised about with the plain tiffany style settings is that the 4 prong sits better next to a wedding band. Jonathan told me that as long as I went with platinum, I did not need to worry about 4 versus 6 prongs. And for that matter, the Ritani''s I like also have 4 prongs.

Tacori, that setting comes in a regular and smaller version, and I think some of the girls here have the smaller version. The one I tried on had decent sized side stones, which brings up the cost. It''s just like the Scott Kay 3 stone. That came in two sizes as well and the prices were comparable to the Tacori. There is no doubt, though, the Tacori is a work of art. I can''t emphasize enough how beautiful that ring was in person.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2006 11:21:57 AM
Author: diamondlove
Can you show a profile view of that Stuller? I don''t think everyone is necessarily just liking that Stuller in particular (at least not me) -- the vote is just more for Tiffany repros in general. Most tiffany repros have the same face up view but profile views can differ quite a bit. Like I mentioned above, I''m finicky about profile views so it''s just up to your own preference.
Well, that side photo is totally weird because the setting doesn''t fit my diamond so it is just propped on top! So the prongs haven''t been worked at all. Plus it is apparently a high setting which I''d never order. I''m sure I could get them to smooth them down some. They are a little curves as opposed to being straight v''s, though. My problem with the real Tiffany repro from SC is that I don''t like their pointy prong tips and they weren''t very open to doing it another way. And I am not positive I want a knife edge either.

Stuller tiffany sv (2).jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only like knife edge bands with other knife edges otherwise it jusy looks off to me. How much is the Ritani?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the one I like but that no one has for me to see is $2350. Not bad.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results