shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire settings

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How fun for you to try on all these different settings DS!!! Don't worry too much about pave should you decide to go that way. There are many of us on this forum with pave designs who have had no problems whatsoever and I have personally put my pave shank ring in the ultrasonic once a week with no lost stones in over a year of ownership.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I did contact Mark Morrell as he''d be on my short list, but they aren''t accepting new clients until after mid-Sept. and I do not want to wait that long since I have several other possibilities.

Sundial, I''m glad to hear you have had success with pave in the US! Glad I didn''t waste a lot of time worrying about that!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY DS..how fun
36.gif
. I hope you can find a picture of the Ritani setting you tried on, I''d love to see it. I do know what you mean about pictures on websites not doing the rings justice at all. The ritani like Kayla''s and mara''s friends doesn''t really look good at all on pearlman''s site but is gorgeous in person. that''s one of the big reasons I''m always telling people to try and see them in person. so many times what I''ve loved online I don''t like at all in person and rings that didn''t do anything for me online are beautful. I think Ritani designs their rings for every day wear and wouldn''t worry about that if you found one you love.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo, I wa suprised at how beautiful I thought the Ritani''s were. I am now in a quandry because I am going to either have to order that ring I liked and posted before without seeing it and hope a band goes with it, or order the one I tried on today yet cannot show anyone because I can''t find a picture and would have to depend on my memory for me to even know what it looks like!
6.gif

Or, maybe I could say I wanted one like Kayla''s but 2.5 mm? However, I think the head needs to be more like the one I posted..a low cathedral. Maybe that ring is perfect. On the other hand, I''m sure Maytal could make me rings like these easily...but I can''t show her an exact ring I like since there aren''t many or any pictures!

Those Tacori''s were so beautiful, too, but the Ritani''s were a little less dressy looking, if that makes any sense. I don''t always think of the most descriptive words!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay! I am glad you FINALLY got to try on Tacoris!!! I did in fact lose a melee in my US but I have used it a few times since then and everything has been fine since then. KP was really cool about fixing it for free (good thing about having a local jeweler) so in all it wasn''t a huge deal. I love the sparkle of pave (and the hidden scratches issue
2.gif
) I wish you took pictures (and I was there with you!) Ahh, what a day you had!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2006 12:18:58 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
yay! I am glad you FINALLY got to try on Tacoris!!! I did in fact lose a melee in my US but I have used it a few times since then and everything has been fine since then. KP was really cool about fixing it for free (good thing about having a local jeweler) so in all it wasn''t a huge deal. I love the sparkle of pave (and the hidden scratches issue
2.gif
) I wish you took pictures (and I was there with you!) Ahh, what a day you had!
I''d really like to do it again! You are right that it is good to have a local jeweler in case there are problems. That is a real dilemma as I''d like to save money and buy the setting from someone online.

I think I''m going to have to make one more trip to SP to see the Ritani and KP to see Tacori...maybe they will have some different styles, too. I was able to see that I could get settings with pave that wouldn''t take away from my center stone, which was good.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I have seen the all diamond version of my setting too! I, of course, love the sapphires but it is cool to see the difference. They have a bunch of Tacori at KP as well as memorie and percision set (other brands too but I can''t rememeber)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasted all my time there last time with the man trying to design me a custom ring when I hadn''t even looked at rings yet! I''m sure he was frustrated with me, but good grief, he only pulled 3 or 4 rings for me to look at. I really do need to go there on a day he is not there and start over!

When do you leave for your wedding? I wish you could go with me but I can''t wait until you get back!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I leave wednesday.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I''ll email you before you go if I find anything! I can''t wait to see pictures!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 9:37:33 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ellen, I did contact Mark Morrell as he''d be on my short list, but they aren''t accepting new clients until after mid-Sept. and I do not want to wait that long since I have several other possibilities.
I see. I know whatever you end up with, it will be beautiful!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, I get my new monitor today or tomorrow, so hopefully I can post pics soon!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, well I''m excited for you b/c it seems you are getting close. I''m sure you''re anxious to make a decision and get your new bauble on your finger
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2006 9:35:50 AM
Author: mrssalvo
DS, well I''m excited for you b/c it seems you are getting close. I''m sure you''re anxious to make a decision and get your new bauble on your finger
1.gif
Thanks...losing my mind is more like it! I am stopping at two more places on my way home today...one with Ritani and one with Tacori. Maybe I can see some other styles. I''ll be posting tonight!

One other option I have is to have the rings made where Tacori E-ring had her eternity band custom made. That would give me somebody relatively local to service my rings. But I''d still have to find something I like to tell them to make!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay DS for your big research trip!! the ritani''s are total sleepers IMO, we don''t see many of them on here and the pictures you do see tend to be unflattering, aka designer photos. seeing the one my friend got in person, totally different from seeing it on websites etc. they are beautiful pieces, definitely. lol re: trying on the royal crown for me. part of what i do love about it is that it tapers at the top, something different visually from my own set right now.

so what are the top contenders right now? i can''t keep track!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2006 2:09:35 PM
Author: Mara
yay DS for your big research trip!! the ritani''s are total sleepers IMO, we don''t see many of them on here and the pictures you do see tend to be unflattering, aka designer photos. seeing the one my friend got in person, totally different from seeing it on websites etc. they are beautiful pieces, definitely. lol re: trying on the royal crown for me. part of what i do love about it is that it tapers at the top, something different visually from my own set right now.

so what are the top contenders right now? i can''t keep track!!
That RC taper is a little more pronounced than some...it truly was beautiful, though. You just want to rub your finger across it because it is sooo smooth. Very nice quality definitely. I''ll post the top contenders in a little while. I am actualy cooking tonight and need to get in the kitchen!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, went to a Tacori/Scott Kay dealer today but did not get to another Ritani.

Here''s where I am in this process. Oddly, in Tacori and SK, I liked the three stone settings best. But both those settings are BIG BUCKS! Regular price like $7500 for just the e-ring! So figure at least $5000 with discounts, plus the cost of a band. Not to mention, those were a little more blingy than I really want. So that kind of brings me back to Ritani which was more simple but elegant and can go with casual or dressy very well.

Bottom line, I probably like Kayla and Mara''s friend''s Ritani set the best, but I''d have to have it be about 2.5mm each. That last Ritani I posted might very well be the perfect ring (and it was something like $2400 thru Pearlman''s), but I''d have to order it without physically seeing it first. I can''t remember if anyone had Mr. Pearlman ask Ritani if they''d make that set wider. I was thinking the answer was yes, but I have no idea where I may have read that. The other option is to get Maytal make something similar, and I''m sure she could. I might get a price estimate from her to get an idea.

Of course, I could still do a Tiffany solitaire and diamond band. But I got bummed out on the prong issues and didn''t know how to resolve it. I still can see myself getting a Stuller 4 prong tiffany solitaire after all this, because at least I know what it would look like and I wouldn''t be spending thousands of dollars on something I haven''t seen!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well at least you''re narrowing it down a bit. If your serious about the Ritani, I''d ask Bill if there is anyway you can see it b/f you buy. That''s a lot of money to spend without getting a chance to physically try it on. If you feel confident in using Maytal, that might be a good solution. you could incorporate all the design elements you love into one ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel confident that Maytal can make a ring equal to or better quality since hers would be all handmade. But it''s the same issue of paying for something that you can''t try on first that is scary! Plus sending the diamond all the way to CA! Ugh!

I do have one other option and that would be to have the person who made Tacori E-rings wedding band make the rings. Then I''d have someone more or less local to help me if anything went wrong.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS...one thing re Ritani modifications.....my girlfriend actually went into BBB over the weekend, and asked them to make the w-ring the same size as her e-ring and they said no that Ritani would not do that and has been really strict with modifications to the ring in the last year. Now who knows if that's REALLY the case, but you may want to ask Pearlmans if he can ask them if they would modify it before you even continue to consider it....because if they can't make it 2.5mm then you may not want to continue with it in your top 2-3. And honestly I'd be really curious what they tell him because BBB said they won't even consider it (Ritani)...the modifications that is. But I know in the past Kayla got the rings modified the way she wanted them. So I told her to ask them to ask them again and they said they would but I don't know if they will say anything other than no.

Keep us posted?!?!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I emailed Mr. Pearlman the question tonight about whether Ritani would modify that setting. If not, my choice would be to go with the other style below or have something similar made. I''ve emailed Maytal for a quote as well. I showed my husband the rings I had looked at and he liked the Ritani best of the designer rings. If I can''t figure it out very soon, then I seriously am going to set it in a Stuller tiffany just to be able to wear it!

ritani1RD2230A_big (2).jpg

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
woo I like this one in the photo-- is this the Ritani one? I like how spready that head looks too.

DL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that ritani looks like it could be fab, it's hard to remember that those settings look 100% more delicate in person than in those big magnified pictures. the designer setting images of my girlfriend's setting didn't even remotely do it justice in person. so i'm sure that one you posted would be fabulous in person DS! especially with your size stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is a Ritani. It didn''t have a side view, but I think it has curvy prongs like this one that I also love except it''s too narrow for me.

ritaniendlesslove1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2006 12:12:16 AM
Author: Mara
that ritani looks like it could be fab, it''s hard to remember that those settings look 100% more delicate in person than in those big magnified pictures. the designer setting images of my girlfriend''s setting didn''t even remotely do it justice in person. so i''m sure that one you posted would be fabulous in person DS! especially with your size stone.
Thanks, Mara! I think the main difference is that it has the open shank near the head. But I like it either way.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
yeah, I personally do not like my bands to be too thin. I know it''s more flattering to the stone (making them look bigger) but they end up being tooo delicate looking for my taste usually. I like the one you posted. Wished we could have hand shots to get a really good ''real life'' view.
4.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though they didn''t have this ring, they had a similar one they said is newer. But it is not on the website. I just should''ve bought a digital camera before this little shopping trip!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I really like the one you posted. If Ritani won''t modify the ring I have, and the one you posted above is 2.9, maybe they can modify that one to 2.5. I am positive Ritani can do it though, as they modified my e-ring to make it about 2mm., when the old one was 1.5 or 1.6.
Also, when I had the urge to change my setting and looked in BBB for new Ritani settings, my salesperson there told me what ever I wanted them to make, they can do.
I even noted that one of the endless love halo rings they had with a radiant diamond was thicker than my rings and she quickly said to me, oh, if you want it thinner, they can do that.
If I wanted something modified, more diamonds, less diamonds, wider, thinner, they would do it.
Another thing I wanted to say is that I really wouldn''t pay for the ring above without actually seeing it and trying it on. What if you hate it. I went to BBB the other day and asked the girl I work with, Jenn, if she would get in some rings for me to see, both Tacori and Ritani and she said she would. If I see anything nice, I will let you know.
If you want, I will give you her number and you can speak to her as this is the information she told me.
2.gif

I think I will be going to the city next week on Thursday to see the SP rings so I will have info on that too. I hope Isaac will let me take pictures!
2.gif

OH, here is an interesting thing Jenn told me about Tacori which I didn''t know. Each one is handmade by a different jeweler, so no two will ever be alike. She said that is why you will see the same setting in two different stores, but the prong work, the way the diamonds are set, etc. will be completely different.

I like Jenn, she completely understands me. When I ordered my RC circle pendant, I was not happy with the ones on display in the store. She went and ordered me two more to look at and I still wasn''t happy, so she ordered me yet another one.
Yeah, I am anal and a pain in the buttkus!
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Back again, I did want to point out that even though the one you posted looks a lot wider, the diamond tcw is .30 and the one I have is .25 or something, so it can''be that much difference in width. It may very well be 2.5mm.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Kayla! I do hope SP will let you take pictures!

I wouldn't want to bother your Ritani salesperson since I'd have to get the Ritani from whoever gives me the lowest price! I agree that it is best to see anything like this in person. I wouldn't have considered it before seeing those rings yesterday. They are so much prettier in person! Mr. Pearlman has a good relationship with Ritani, so I am sure he'll find out if they are still modifying your set to make it wider. I know I tried on a wedding band that was about 2.5mm, so that won't be a problem.

The ring picture I posted is supposedly 2.9 up at the head and tapers slightly, so it is probably mostly 2.5. That's why I think it might be perfect. But I'd be afraid to get a w-band until I tried some on with the e-ring. That's the problem when it doesn't come as a matching set and you can't find the setting to try on!

You were very smart to get your e-ring widened when you had the chance!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results