shape
carat
color
clarity

So umm a few more new gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful gems!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Zircons - absolutely stunning pears and I think the RBs will darken a little once set. Yummy!

Stunning Tourmaline - I love the different colours you can see. What are your plans for this?

Cat's Eye Alex - I know this is a freebie so I hope you don't mind me asking if you know a bit more about this gemstone? It's incredibly difficult to tell from photos but it doesn't look like the "normal" Cat's Eye Alex that I'm used to seeing. Also, not being able to photograph the incandescent colour (purple/red/pink) is very strange as most cameras will only show this colour, irrespective of what colour you see with your eyes!!!!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
My favourites are the zircons (what a pretty colour) and the alexandrite (I didn''t know it could be cat''s eye).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhhh...lovely pieces! Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 4:33:47 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Gorgeous Zircons - absolutely stunning pears and I think the RBs will darken a little once set. Yummy!

Stunning Tourmaline - I love the different colours you can see. What are your plans for this?

Cat''s Eye Alex - I know this is a freebie so I hope you don''t mind me asking if you know a bit more about this gemstone? It''s incredibly difficult to tell from photos but it doesn''t look like the ''normal'' Cat''s Eye Alex that I''m used to seeing. Also, not being able to photograph the incandescent colour (purple/red/pink) is very strange as most cameras will only show this colour, irrespective of what colour you see with your eyes!!!!!!!

Thanks! I think for the zircons I''m going to do earrings along the lines of these at Lang. I love that graduated halo look.

Pink tourmaline, I have no clue yet. I don''t think it needs a lot of embellishment; it''s big and showy enough all on it''s own.

As for the alex, he says it''s from Sri Lanka, about 60% color change, mauve/lavender inside and fine green outside. It was cut down from a larger stone which he bought pretty cheaply because of a large flaw in it. Looking a bit more at the pictures I posted earlier they seem to be showing about half green and half mauve. I was able to get one really nice picture of the green but the rest came out looking murky.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Man, I love that alex!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely lovely colors in those stones you bought!!

Of course I still envy your ability to see stones and come up with design ideas. You really have talent. TFS!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so gorgeous! I especially love the tourmaline!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones Kismet, especially the purple tourmaline!

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
this is what ur alex catseye might look like under lamplight-enjoy-nice stone u have...

sa1.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This is a better shot of the green color but yeah the picture doesn''t look as green as it does to my eyes.

kiz-alex5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet,
You stones are all gorgeous. The zircons seem to glow and the purple curprian has outstanding colour and sparkle. The tourmaline leaves just scream for dangle earrings.
11.gif
And a freebie CC Alex to boot. The last picture shows more of what I expect a CC Alex to look like. You did real good.
2.gif

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 8:24:58 AM
Author: Chrono
Kismet,
You stones are all gorgeous. The zircons seem to glow and the purple curprian has outstanding colour and sparkle. The tourmaline leaves just scream for dangle earrings.
11.gif
And a freebie CC Alex to boot. The last picture shows more of what I expect a CC Alex to look like. You did real good.
2.gif
alex cats are available but to get a freeby is a sweet thing-especially a stone as u have...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you, Kismet!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very nice stones!!!!!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Kismet, your stones look fantastic. I''m glad you are able to take better photos - I felt bad misrepresenting Dana''s work with my craptastic shots.

That Cat''s eye is gorgeous and I had also been looking at the hot pink stone, so I''m glad to see it went to a happy home.

Also it''s funny how you feel sheepish about joining the Colored Stoners club. I also introduced my new gem collection sheepishly. But I think it''s okay to say that we''re Colored Stoners, loud and proud.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2009 5:50:08 PM
Author: Kismet

Cat's Eye Alex - I know this is a freebie so I hope you don't mind me asking if you know a bit more about this gemstone? It's incredibly difficult to tell from photos but it doesn't look like the 'normal' Cat's Eye Alex that I'm used to seeing. Also, not being able to photograph the incandescent colour (purple/red/pink) is very strange as most cameras will only show this colour, irrespective of what colour you see with your eyes!!!!!!!

Thanks! I think for the zircons I'm going to do earrings along the lines of these at Lang. I love that graduated halo look.

Pink tourmaline, I have no clue yet. I don't think it needs a lot of embellishment; it's big and showy enough all on it's own.

As for the alex, he says it's from Sri Lanka, about 60% color change, mauve/lavender inside and fine green outside. It was cut down from a larger stone which he bought pretty cheaply because of a large flaw in it. Looking a bit more at the pictures I posted earlier they seem to be showing about half green and half mauve. I was able to get one really nice picture of the green but the rest came out looking murky.
I don't know if you ever saw the pink sapphire earrings another PS member had recently? About 9 months ago I think - they were similar to the ones at Lang at were absolutely stunning. I'll see if I can find a piccie for you but they were sooooo drool worthy and it might be worth you looking at them as they were very similar in design.

Totally agree about the Tourmaline. It's stands on it's own and doesn't need any frou frou at all. I love it. I can't wait to see what you do!

ETA just found the thread with the earrings - they're spinels not sapphires but WOW, look at these https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-spinel-earrings.108078/

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Loving your gems already, Kismet!! esp. the zircons and tourmaline!
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: LovingDiamonds, the spinel earrings are just fabulous, I can't stop looking!!!
10.gif

Kismet your zircons will be drool worthy too! me likey!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 2:36:38 PM
Date: 9/7/2009 5:50:08 PM

Author: Kismet

Cat''s Eye Alex - I know this is a freebie so I hope you don''t mind me asking if you know a bit more about this gemstone? It''s incredibly difficult to tell from photos but it doesn''t look like the ''normal'' Cat''s Eye Alex that I''m used to seeing. Also, not being able to photograph the incandescent colour (purple/red/pink) is very strange as most cameras will only show this colour, irrespective of what colour you see with your eyes!!!!!!!

Thanks! I think for the zircons I''m going to do earrings along the lines of these at Lang. I love that graduated halo look.

Pink tourmaline, I have no clue yet. I don''t think it needs a lot of embellishment; it''s big and showy enough all on it''s own.

As for the alex, he says it''s from Sri Lanka, about 60% color change, mauve/lavender inside and fine green outside. It was cut down from a larger stone which he bought pretty cheaply because of a large flaw in it. Looking a bit more at the pictures I posted earlier they seem to be showing about half green and half mauve. I was able to get one really nice picture of the green but the rest came out looking murky.

I don''t know if you ever saw the pink sapphire earrings another PS member had recently? About 9 months ago I think - they were similar to the ones at Lang at were absolutely stunning. I''ll see if I can find a piccie for you but they were sooooo drool worthy and it might be worth you looking at them as they were very similar in design.

Totally agree about the Tourmaline. It''s stands on it''s own and doesn''t need any frou frou at all. I love it. I can''t wait to see what you do!

ETA just found the thread with the earrings - they''re spinels not sapphires but WOW, look at these https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-spinel-earrings.108078/

Ooh, I remember those. They''re gorgeous! Having them dangle in the center of a floating halo is a good idea although AN''s are a lot bigger than I would wear (at least on an every day basis.) These also caught my eye but I think they would also be a bit big for me.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 2:31:35 PM
Author: litebrite
Kismet, your stones look fantastic. I''m glad you are able to take better photos - I felt bad misrepresenting Dana''s work with my craptastic shots.

That Cat''s eye is gorgeous and I had also been looking at the hot pink stone, so I''m glad to see it went to a happy home.

Also it''s funny how you feel sheepish about joining the Colored Stoners club. I also introduced my new gem collection sheepishly. But I think it''s okay to say that we''re Colored Stoners, loud and proud.

Haha I''ve been a colored stoner for ages. I''m just sheepish about buying stones I have big plans for and then faffing about and doing nothing with them.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 8:24:58 AM
Author: Chrono
Kismet,

11.gif
2.gif

That was my thought for the leaves too and maybe put the rose into a pendant. I certainly wasn''t expecting more freebies than purchased items.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 11:11:54 AM
Author: cellentani
Very nice gems, Kismet - must have been a lot of fun opening that box! Can''t wait to see your earring design.
It was! When I first opened the box and saw 6 gem papers when I only ordered 2 things I thought he must have mixed up some orders.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful gemmies!!!!
36.gif
what a neat leafy tourmaline..
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful gems Kismet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results