shape
carat
color
clarity

So um... *shuffles feet* I kinda sort of bought something.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just didn't have the willpower to say no.
21.gif

So what do you think?

Here's specs:

Origin: Pakistan
Weight: 6.05 carats
Size: 11 x 8.5 x 67.4 mm deep
BTW its a peridot

-A

605pperidot.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Peridot??

I love the green, so pretty!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yea, its a peridot LOL

I kept staring at it in longing all weekend.

Linton has a round sea blue afgan tourmaline that was also a consideration, until I saw this one. It was like love at first sight!

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He doesn''t answer my emails, so I gave up with gemlineinc, but that is a pretty peridot. You''re very fortunate to have gotten it!! Can''t wait to see your pics.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 1:32:49 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
He doesn''t answer my emails, so I gave up with gemlineinc, but that is a pretty peridot. You''re very fortunate to have gotten it!! Can''t wait to see your pics.

TL, I had that experience too -- turned out for some reason all Gemline emails went straight to my spam folder. Not really sure why, b/c I usually don''t have that problem with my gmail, but you might want to check your spam.

Arcadian, that is a gorgeous peridot. Do you have plans?
18.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plans? *I didn''t think that far ahead!
32.gif

I honestly don''t know, I will wait until I see it in person to get a feel for it.

But it would make one heck of a gargantuan ring huh?
10.gif

Aside from a ring, the other possibility is a bracelet. (2-toned of course!).

I guess I could do a pendant but my problem is I''d be in the mirror all the time checking it out LOL

-A

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Oh very pretty! I think it would make a great E/W middle finger ring.
31.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Bee-u-ti-ful!! I would be putting that bad boy on my middle finger. Probably N/S though. I would get more finger coverage that way.

Yummmy stone! I need to start playing more over here. Diamonds are pretty, but big ones cost too much. I want some color!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 1:44:43 PM
Author: Arcadian
32.gif

I honestly don''t know, I will wait until I see it in person to get a feel for it.

10.gif

I guess I could do a pendant but my problem is I''d be in the mirror all the time checking it out LOL

-A

Oh, not too gargantuan for a ring at ALL! I can see it like Kunzite suggested . . . a beautiful east-west setting in yellow gold. I''d sort of worry about it in a bracelet, and I can never do pendants myself b/c I have to be able to look down and see the stone at all times -- I''d wear out a chain just pulling it up to check on it all day!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s purty!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, love the color.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It was love at first sight for me too, Arcadian - that''s a gorgeous peridot, and I absolutely love the color and shape.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 1:52:55 PM
Author: fierypyropixy

Date: 12/6/2009 1:44:43 PM
Author: Arcadian
32.gif

10.gif

-A

Oh, not too gargantuan for a ring at ALL! I can see it like Kunzite suggested . . . a beautiful east-west setting in yellow gold. I''d sort of worry about it in a bracelet, and I can never do pendants myself b/c I have to be able to look down and see the stone at all times -- I''d wear out a chain just pulling it up to check on it all day!
Its something I''ll consider once its here. Oh for sure I''ll be taking one heck of a photoshoot. I can''t remember being this excited about a stone in a while.

It will be interesting to see what E/W would look like with short nails on short stubby fingers.

-A

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Gorgeous color!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Love the depth of color and the cut. Looking forward to more photos of it.

Laura

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naughty naughty Arcadian!!!!
31.gif

Great find! Look at the colour on that. Beautiful. I can see why your willpower deserted you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very rich deep green which is unusual for peridots. A nice purchase, Arcadian!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m generally not a peridot fan (too flat and yellow looking to me), but that one is gorgeous!
36.gif
A nice, big green stone. Looks like a winner!!
36.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like a big beautiful green. You lucky thing

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! Your comments mean a lot! I''m probably looking at 5 days, so the countdown is on! I will probably be checking the mail every.freaking.day.

TL, I second checking your bulk/spam folder because I have a ton of things that go there (that shouldn''t but do anyway) One of the ladies I work with has been buying up a storm, I know that she''s sent emails and they''ve been answered pretty promptly.

Cellantini, I can''t remember buying a stone so fast! But I think this really was quite the exception. This is also my first chunky cushion cut. I got a feeling it won''t be the last!

Miraclesrule, come on over and play!
36.gif
We always have room for one more!

LD, I am on the hook girl! *lol* Oh and btw, my lovely husband convinced me to set the mehenge spinel with 6 words; "Hon, you can always reset it." He''s a genius!
36.gif
Now that its set I really do like the stone/setting combination. I wore it last night and the color is ridiculous neon color. I wish I had gone bigger, though my pockets would be a heck of a lot lighter too! I think yellow gold would still be amazing, but maybe in a few years.
31.gif

Chrono, do you think the deepness is because of the ct weight? I know some stones can get darker as they get larger, so I wondered. As far as the clarity, Litnon is calling it IF/VVS.

Fly girl, I know there''s lots of people who really just don''t care for peridot (which means more for me!
36.gif
) but I think there''s certainly some that are exceptions to that rule. I tend to like peridot only from certain places. Chinese periodot is very yellowish and I really don''t like it much at all.

-A

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it''s just beautiful. I love it!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Wow! look at that colour!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nice GREEN! Just wanna share as I had just purchased a precision peridot not too long ago, it''s driving me crazy due to its brittleness nature:) you''ve gotta be EXTRA careful handling it, setting it, wearing it.....I have to admit it takes away some enjoyment from me unlike other hardier gem like sapphire and diamonds.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a gorgeous stone - and I am not usually fond of peridots. I think it would work both as a large ring or as a pendant on a long chain.

I am surprised to hear you had problems with Gemline. They have always been very prompt and corteous with me, even when I won some of their stones for next nothing when they had an auction a while back.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that peridot color!!!
30.gif
beautiful shape too!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very pretty! I have a few pakistan paridots and they are the mst vivid stones ever. You will LOVE it!!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
oh that is sooooooooooooooooooo pretty!!! i love it. YUMMMMY it looks like it would taste like the sweetest apple candy
18.gif

[i dont mean to threadjack... but i asked in the catch all thread too.... can you point me in the direction to the thread about the stone in your avatar? i love that stone too.. you have such beautiful stones/pieces!!!]

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW it looks to be a just perfect color!! Congrats!!
9.gif
Please post lots of photos when you get it and tell us all about how the stone is IRL.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, peridots don''t come much better than this! It would be a real shame to pass on this one cause not only does it have a nice color, but cutting and shape are nice as well and it''s rare to find all these qualities in the same stone. Depth of color only partly comes from the size of the stone IMO, as a low quality rough will not produce a nice color no matter how big the stone you cut. But if you''d take two identical pieces of rough (in terms of color) and cut one of them into a larger stone (assuming cutting styles and precision of the two are the same) it would most probably end up with a deeper color. Enjoy this beauty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Part of the richness of colour comes from the size (depth) of the stone. However, it must have good saturation to begin with as well, so it''s a combination of both.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results