shape
carat
color
clarity

So freaking happy!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 12:01:20 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
You are absolutely sooo adorable!! That cut
emangel.gif
was made for you!! I envy your courage to go so short
36.gif

I just went in to do the same thing...ended up trimming about a inch off. It is still longer than shoulder length. I think my hair is like a Binky...silly. Oh, so I can home with little change...$60 clams poorer...and Hubby said ''where''s my pixie?'' I said, ''I don''t know where do you keep her?'' He said...''You promised me a pixie!!'' (actually he doesn''t know what a pixie is...he just likes saying PIXIE!!)

After seeing your successful new do...I just may venture back in! You see, you and I have similar features...I think if you can wear it so well...maybe I can too! I have natural curly hair...so on a humid day...it would be all frizz...but can blow it straight on non humid days.

I really love everything about yours! The SHINE is phenomenal! The color is very rich and I love the little flippy ends. May I ask you to post after a few more days of doing it yourself...I mean do you think it will be as easy as you think? Are there any options with that cut...or will you always choose to flip out?

You are one cutie
30.gif
!!!

DKS

Hey board...doesn''t she remind you of Katherine McPhee in that first image before her cut?

DKS, I''m currently in the midst of a vanity attack from so many compliments from ladies whose taste I''ve admired for so long. I''d love to take notes over the next few days (and, since I really have nothing to do all day, I can list what products I use, how long it takes, and rate ease/style/the fun feeling it gives me). I''m definitely not going to flip it all the time...half my hair doesn''t even flip! The left side of my head flips really well, but the right side wants to be all individualistic and special and straight.

Your husband''s pixie comment made me giggle, and so I quizzed my boyfriend on what my cut is called. He passed. :)

As for the colour...it''s right out of a box. I''m a little cheap (sometimes...and only a little).

Anyways, time to get to bed. I''m excited to see what it''s like to sleep without a ponytail again!

BTW, it''s funny you mention Katherine Mcphee...Right after I got that cut my friend''s dad called me "American Idol" all night because he thought I looked like her. And also, he was drunk.
2.gif
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was SO going to say Katherine McPhee....!
9.gif
She is beautiful, so are you Princess!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ohmygoodness! You are ADORABLE and your new haircut is PERFECT on you!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! It is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Great move!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Really cute. You went from girl-next-door pretty to vavoom!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 10:24:53 PM
Author: princesss
Aww, thanks ladies! I can''t stop touching it and posing in front of the mirror. I still can''t believe the girl in the pictures is me. It doesn''t hurt that just the difference between haircuts makes me look like I lost 5 pounds.
2.gif

WOW! You look amazing! I don''t think I could pull something like that off, but I really wish I could! My hair''s curly though so it would take a lot of styling. I seriously can''t get over the difference that hair cut made! I mean you were pretty before, but now you''re drop dead model gorgeous! Kinda reminds me of makeover day on Next Top Model
1.gif

I totally agree that the new haircut makes your face look thinner. Not that it looked fat before or anything.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look great. The new cut really emphasizes your cheekbones and brings out the playfulness in you. I love it. Do you have to work at it to get the hair to look flippy? I can''t cut my hair too short because I have a squarish face, stubborn stick straight hair (thick yet fine), and when short, I get a big head appearance. Yuck! I am so envious of your new look.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Haha, robbie, I have to admit that the marathon of Top Model that I watched had a little something to do with me going short. I saw Yoanna''s hair disappear and said, "Hey, I look cute with short hair, too!" and cut it all off, lol!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT! I have heard hairdressers say, "Wow! That cut really brings out your eyes!"...but I never could see it until I see this cut on you. It is fabulous...looks absolutely adorable! I am so jealous you have the courage to go for it!!

And....is that a Tiffany starfish necklace I see around your neck?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Dianne, it definitely is the starfish! Even after me protesting and telling him not to get me anything, my boyfriend surprised me with it for my 21st birthday. I''m so in love with it! We''re both beachy people so it is really perfect for me.
9.gif

And, DKS today my hair took about 10 minutes. I put in my leave in conditioner (Paul Mitchell) and some thickening creme (Bedhead), then blow dried it. After that I grabbed my "Surf Hair" matte wax (Garnier) and kind of pulled the back to have it flip and just...well, I just kind of messed up the front until it separated and then pushed it into place. Piece of cake!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! You look amazing! The new cut just makes you look energized!!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Princess, sounds like you''ve got it down pat. Congrats on another great hair day!!

DKS

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, Princess...that cut totally brings out all of your best features!

You look completely amazing and I love it!

Congrats on such a successful "do!"
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

you really only changed your hair? its fabulous.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 3:00:42 AM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards
you really only changed your hair? its fabulous.
tee hee... this sounds so sexist but that comment coming from a guy made me giggle.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Ah #3 is my favorite! Your face shape is kinda like mine, I wonder if I could pull that off...... hmmm.... looks like your hair is thicker than mine though. Oh so cute!!
4.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Ok Princess
I signed on just to say
how much I absolutely adore your haircut.

It''s just too cute and stylish for words.
face23.gif

I''ve been leaning towards a short do lately myself.

ps- I''ve always liked your signature too.

(okay now spill it: where in VA is this guy and what''s his name?)
I''m in the DC metro area.
Thanks

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey sevens one, thank you so much! I''m down in Fredericksburg, so definitely not too far away! His name is Jason and he works at a spa and salon called Ambiance. I found them when my roommate butchered her bangs and a wonderful stylist made time in her busy schedule to help her and did an amazing job. Seriously, they''re a blast to work with and I''ve yet to see a bad cut come out of that salon.

darling

Shiny_Rock
A girl as cute as you would look good in any haircut, but this one really suits you.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your new haircut
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It looks perfect on you, and even though you were beautiful with your longer hair, I think you are even more beautiful with this style...it really does flatter your features very nicely.

I did the same thing a few months ago, and got my hair cut in a similar style. I love mine, too. You are going to be amazed at how easy it will be to care for your shorter hair, and how very versatile short hair can actually be! I know one reason I was reluctant for so long to go short was because I thought I''d miss the versatility of the longer hair, but it''s just the opposite. Other than the pony tails, there is really nothing I can''t do with the short hair that I did with the longer hair. As a matter of fact, I think I have been able to have even more variety with the short hair!

My hair only takes a few minutes to style every day. I usually let it air dry until it''s almost dry, then I blow dry it using a round vented brush to flip out the ends. I use bedhead, too...only I use the wax stick thing, rubbing it into the palms of my hands then running my fingers through my hair to define it and flip it out even more. Sometimes I use a little spritz, if it''s windy or humid outside. My hair looks a lot like the actress Lisa Rinna''s...same color, and general style.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results