shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Ladies Small Talk

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1291413806|2786704 said:
BEG- girl you have a place to stay in Houston if you need to get away. I am sorry, that just plain sucks. I wish for you a speedy resolution that benefits you long term. Also, you have cute boy that likes you and your sweet self. So, go take the frustrations out on the snow and the mountains and have a blast on Sunday. Laugh and enjoy the hell out of your time. Truly,I will be sending you warm and wonderful vibes from Texas!!!!

Thanks Strawder. That means a lot. Today was just awful honestly. I think my mom and I went through three rounds of huge fights. Honestly, I am drained.

But the day ended better than it started. Got the car (did I mention I got a car??? Love my car) and I just got back from dinner w/ my BFF, her husband, and CV :D CV texted to see how my day was going earlier when I was heading out to volunteer at the Christmas tree lighting thing and he called to see what I was up to tonight. My friends and I ended up not volunteering (we weren't needed) and we ended up getting dinner. CV has already ate (eaten? Ugh, I'm an English major too!) but he came out anyway. It was fun - there was a bit of awkwardness in that CV and my friends don't know each other (well not super well - my friends are actually his clients too) but I know both of THEM ...but CV and I get along great - we tease each other a lot. He gave me a ride home (I didn't drive tonight) - I know he doesn't have plans tomorrow and I'm not sure if I do so I told him to give me a call if he wants to hang out :) Super casual, not quite as flirty as when we were by ourselves, but still something there.... ?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Umm so....CV invited me over tonight (this was a couple hours ago) to hang out in his hot tub. I demurred (it was 11, I'm at home, plus I actually like a little more notice before stuff like this). He tried VERY hard to convince me to come over....45 minutes later, I said, raincheck, tomorrow night, take it or leave it but not coming over tonight.... :razz:

So I think the question of HIS interest has been settled.

Also, since I tend to make the first move a lot, and because he's the one who has an insane work schedule, we tend to do things when he's free...but I also didn't want it to be one of those situations where I'm always available at his beck and call you know? I told him cultivating patience and anticipation was a good thing ;-) I told him to call me tomorrow if he was still interested, and give me a little more notice...he was being all "But maybe tomorrow might not work...maybe I'll have plans" - I told him that was fine too, but the offer stands.

I'm thinking he'll call.

This is getting all sorts of interesting....

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
B.E.G.|1291450712|2787101 said:
Umm so....CV invited me over tonight (this was a couple hours ago) to hang out in his hot tub. I demurred (it was 11, I'm at home, plus I actually like a little more notice before stuff like this). He tried VERY hard to convince me to come over....45 minutes later, I said, raincheck, tomorrow night, take it or leave it but not coming over tonight.... :razz:

Also, since I tend to make the first move a lot, and because he's the one who has an insane work schedule, we tend to do things when he's free...but I also didn't want it to be one of those situations where I'm always available at his beck and call you know? I told him cultivating patience and anticipation was a good thing ;-) I told him to call me tomorrow if he was still interested, and give me a little more notice...he was being all "But maybe tomorrow might not work...maybe I'll have plans" - I told him that was fine too, but the offer stands.

I'm thinking he'll call.

oow oooooww.... GO B.E.G!! :naughty: Making you not so available is good--and I think you are entirely correct that he'll call.

TSG (We'll call him "the shunned guy"... because I had told him over and over again I wasn't interested... we are quite different people and he is *not* my usual type at all) also has a hot tub and invited me over to join him in it the other night. I declined the hot tub offer (I believe it went..."Please, you want to get me half naked late at night with a bottle of wine...no chance. You're going to have to work much harder" hahahaa) but we still met up. I think I *may* have made a comment that offended him but in inquiring afterwards he insists it didn't. More or less, he said in front of me to someone else that he loves single life and can't settle down. I asked afterwards(privately) who he was lying to?... because I was under the impression he was "on the market" but actively looking for a relationship. Who knows. Men are fickle. :wink2:

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

P90x has arrived but I haven't opened it yet... I'm off to the coffee shop and the dog park. Perhaps the market after that. Oh, the weekend excitement of a single lady!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I'm thinking he'll call.

;)) Get your fine self to the beauty shop asap for a wax. We allllllll know the reason you said no. And it aint got nothing to do with being at his sexy beck and call. And what is wrong with a booty call? Give me his number- I'm good to go. :naughty: (joke!)

That said, nicely played. Nicely played.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
MissPru - man, what is it with these guys and their hot tubs?! Ooh added stress if that happens tonight - bikini?! It's winter - I'm also pale! Thank goodness for gym regimen.... :razz: Abotu TSG - I wonder if he said that (about loving single life) just to see "cool" and all bachelor-ish in front of the other person. Guys do weird stuff sometimes! I think I'm off to the coffee shop too! I want to drive my new car and unfortunately, though I was supposed to go to my friend's, she's feeling super sick (which sucks, because that means snowboarding is off tomorrow - sadness :( ).

Steal - You nailed it! I was not looking my best even at dinner (THAT's what happens when I don't plan and things spontaneously happen - and that's why I LIKE planning!) since I had planned initially on going to the gym, not volunteering (or not volunteering) and then meeting up with CV for dinner. Plus, if I have to be in a bikini, I need to shave my legs :razz:

I'm excited about all this though - and to think, it's all because my cats needed their shots :lol:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1291490758|2787348 said:
MissPru - man, what is it with these guys and their hot tubs?! Ooh added stress if that happens tonight - bikini?! It's winter - I'm also pale! Thank goodness for gym regimen.... :razz: Abotu TSG - I wonder if he said that (about loving single life) just to see "cool" and all bachelor-ish in front of the other person. Guys do weird stuff sometimes! I think I'm off to the coffee shop too! I want to drive my new car and unfortunately, though I was supposed to go to my friend's, she's feeling super sick (which sucks, because that means snowboarding is off tomorrow - sadness :( ).

Steal - You nailed it! I was not looking my best even at dinner (THAT's what happens when I don't plan and things spontaneously happen - and that's why I LIKE planning!) since I had planned initially on going to the gym, not volunteering (or not volunteering) and then meeting up with CV for dinner. Plus, if I have to be in a bikini, I need to shave my legs :razz:

I'm excited about all this though - and to think, it's all because my cats needed their shots :lol:

It is serendipitous. Or perhaps as I like to say, this is an instance of preparation meeting opportunity. :))

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I just listened to the World Cup anthem like 6x in a row. I love that song! Makes me out on game-face on.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I'm thinking he'll call.

So tonight is tomorrow night....right :naughty: ?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Steal|1291570689|2787927 said:

I'm thinking he'll call.

Tonight was LAST night, and last night was...well let's just say I have no doubts at ALL about his interest in me at this point... :naughty:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1291575974|2788034 said:
Steal|1291570689|2787927 said:

I'm thinking he'll call.

Tonight was LAST night, and last night was...well let's just say I have no doubts at ALL about his interest in me at this point... :naughty:

Gah. Just like me to 'mix' up my tonights!

So, B.E.G., get a spoon and DISH!

:cheeky:

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Steal|1291577409|2788053 said:
So, B.E.G., get a spoon and DISH!

:cheeky:

I 2nd this! haha... good for you! :naughty:

TSG texted me this morning just to check in... I called him back, we chatted a bit, he asked when he could see my next. I explained that I have a pretty busy week with late evenings and I wasn't sure that I'd be able to fit in anything too fun until later in the week. He proposed that he stop by and cook me dinner one night... :love: A guy that cooks. A Rarity. I didn't commit to anything but I'd assume we'll chat more about it tonight.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oooooooh, TSG sounds promising, Miss Pru! What changed your mind about him? You say you turned him down a lot. I'm curious what changed your mind (mostly because a few of my friends are now dating/married to guys they'd turned down pretty frequently and I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing, lol).

BEG - Well, you know what I think about this whole CV situation.

I played wing(wo)man for my friend last night, and it was a rather smashing success. Unfortunately, it took us until 4:30 in the morning to get his friend to realize we needed to leave them alone. So he (finally) came and crashed on my couch and my friend got some much-needed alone time with the guy she's interested in. Woohoo! Being a girl is awesome - I literally paid for one drink last night (and trust me, I did not only have one drink!). Didn't pay for entrance, didn't pay for parking, didn't pay for most of my drinks...life is good! Poor guy that crashed on my couch, though...turns out he's allergic to cats and woke up with my trouble maker cat sitting on his chest, staring him down. He could barely breathe, so he left pretty early. I wish I'd known - I warned him I had cats, but he said it wouldn't be a problem. He even petted Lola when he came in! Way to take one for the team, buddy. His friend owes him BIG TIME.

There *was* a pretty awkward moment, though. My friend J and I got to the first bar we went to, went upstairs (it's a restaurant downstairs and kind of a club upstairs), and who is the first person she makes eye contact with? E2. E2 of the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad date. Small world.

In other news, my hairdresser asked me if I'd be interested in being part of a bachelor/ette auction in February. It's a fundraiser for cystic fibrosis, and apparently a pretty big event. I said sure, why not? So he's going to pass my name along to the person he knows that's on the board for it, and if they pick me, awesome. If not, that's cool. I checked out the website, and it's a really great event - I especially love the part where you find out 90 cents out of every dollar goes straight to the CF Foundation. So I'll be really excited if they pick me to be one of the bachelorettes.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Haha I won't go into the details (remember, DF is lurking.... :errrr: ) but let's just say you can have a lot of fun in a hot tub...and out of it...

So Steal, amazing what that second vet appt lead to huh? He did mention last night that his number one rule was to never date a client...glad he broke that one with me :razz:

MissPru - Ooh I love a guy that cooks. Hmm...so will he be The Shunned Guy no more? TSGNM? :razz: What changed your mind?

Princesss - you and the guy's friend are awesome wingmen/women and friends. Man, way to take one for the team (the cat allergy guy). Don't you love being a girl? I am all about equal rights, but I have to say - I certainly do not mind not paying for drinks :D Eep about E2 though...definitely a small world :( And I hope you get to do the auction! I feel like that could be so much fun, and it's great that so much money will be going directly to such a great cause!

No exciting news for me - busy day tomorrow just running errands, and I'm getting back into my gym routine - zumba and yoga, back to back. My calves are looking cut right now thanks to those two - well worth the effort. Obviously it's been up and down lately what with my mom, my ex, and then the excitement and stress of CV... I now realize why so many people use exercise for stress relief. Thank goodness for the gym...and other sources of exercise too :naughty:

Oh and CV did text me earlier - nothing special but just mentioning something we had talked about earlier about our phone bills. Apparently we were both WAY over our minute and texts this month (it's not just because of him or me but those two hour conversations and such definitely contributed). Ok, I have a 450 min plan with 200 texts. I maxed out last month at 900+ minutes and 800-something texts. Eep. Thank goodness for retroactive plan changes and in my case, rollover minutes that up until now, I had NEVER used.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1291614279|2788604 said:
Haha I won't go into the details (remember, DF is lurking.... :errrr: ) but let's just say you can have a lot of fun in a hot tub...and out of it...

Ummmmm, is it bad that I really really wanna know more? :Up_to_something: :twisted:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1291614985|2788611 said:

Ummmmm, is it bad that I really really wanna know more? :Up_to_something: :twisted:

Yes, it's bad AN! *Slaps your hand* Get thee out of single ladies small talk just like I'm about to! LMAO!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
LOL AN! I'm not opposed to talking about all this - but not on a public forum :razz: Sent you a message!

Monnie - stick around and chat!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1291616211|2788620 said:

Yes, it's bad AN! *Slaps your hand* Get thee out of single ladies small talk just like I'm about to! LMAO!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But...I enjoy living vicariously through B.E.G.!!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1291617929|2788629 said:
monarch64|1291616211|2788620 said:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But...I enjoy living vicariously through B.E.G.!!!!

yeah this is fun :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Happy to provide entertainment. I'm pretty entertained myself :devil:

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
princesss|1291604725|2788458 said:
Oooooooh, TSG sounds promising, Miss Pru! What changed your mind about him? You say you turned him down a lot. I'm curious what changed your mind (mostly because a few of my friends are now dating/married to guys they'd turned down pretty frequently and I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing, lol).

Promising? I wouldn't go quite that far yet. haha. Why'd I finally give in and go out with him? He just didn't give up. I literally told him several times I wasn't interested--oops. He's not my type at all-- not highly educated, not very clean cut, hasn't traveled--and claims not to really want to, doesn't really do the outdoors, etc. But he's quite successful, health is really important to him, he's entertaining, very warm personality...did I mention he's fun to make out with? We chatted last night and have plans to go out this week. :appl:

I'm going to DC this weekend for some general touring and holiday sightseeing and am considering inviting him. I do not think he'd accept so I'm not sure if I will extend the offer...but then I kind of want to test the waters too, ya know? See just *how* interested he is.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
MissPrudential|1291644751|2788762 said:

Promising? I wouldn't go quite that far yet. haha. Why'd I finally give in and go out with him? He just didn't give up. I literally told him several times I wasn't interested--oops. He's not my type at all-- not highly educated, not very clean cut, hasn't traveled--and claims not to really want to, doesn't really do the outdoors, etc. But he's quite successful, health is really important to him, he's entertaining, very warm personality...did I mention he's fun to make out with? We chatted last night and have plans to go out this week. :appl:

I'm going to DC this weekend for some general touring and holiday sightseeing and am considering inviting him. I do not think he'd accept so I'm not sure if I will extend the offer...but then I kind of want to test the waters too, ya know? See just *how* interested he is.

You know, not being well-traveled (or having the desire to travel) is SUCH a turn off for me. I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago, just chatting at the bar after ultimate, and I mentioned that I love to travel. He said (VERY proudly), "Me too! I've been to every school in the SEC!" :errrr:

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
princesss|1291645634|2788779 said:
You know, not being well-traveled (or having the desire to travel) is SUCH a turn off for me. I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago, just chatting at the bar after ultimate, and I mentioned that I love to travel. He said (VERY proudly), "Me too! I've been to every school in the SEC!" :errrr:

I generally agree-- I mean, I understand not having done lots of travel... not everyone has the money or adventurous grouping of friends. If you didn't grow up doing lots of travel, taking an international trip all alone can be intimidating. However, I would expect that a guy would have a *desire* to travel. I haven't fully investigated TSG's reasoning for little to no travel.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1291645634|2788779 said:
MissPrudential|1291644751|2788762 said:

:-o :-o :-o

Gah!

MissPru - he sounds like someone fun to have fun WITH you know? Enjoy it, nothing serious - at the very least he's interested and sounds like a nice guy and you guys have a good time together - no harm in taking advantage of that until Mr. Right comes along :D

I agree with you two on the well-traveled thing. Obviously I don't judge on whether they ARE well-traveled - hey traveling can be expensive. But not having the desire to? That I do judge on. Who doesn't have a desire to travel???

MissPru - you'll have to investigate and let us know - maybe he's deathly scared of flying?

So my ex is doing LOTS of entertaining things (entertaining for me, because I'm like Wth is next?).

He's sent me e-mails not so subtly trying to figure out what's going on in my life, IMed me blatantly ASKING me multiple times if I had a new boyfriend, told me to go check out his FB album (and guess who's in said FB album? His ex that I really disliked from when I was with him), and now changed his profile pic to one with him and some random Asian chick (he has a thing for Asians). I'm like, ooooookay. This is SUBTLE :lol:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So tonight is the toy drive/party! I can't wait. I have my dress picked out and my hair figured out. I have to run to my parents' house and get my black coat that I apparently left there when I was getting things this weekend (whcih sucks, because it's far away from my apartment, but it's going to be about 17 tonight, so I need a long coat), and then go home and get ready. I'm really excited about this for some reason. I just think it's going to be fun.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
princesss|1291752836|2790100 said:
So tonight is the toy drive/party! I can't wait. I have my dress picked out and my hair figured out. I have to run to my parents' house and get my black coat that I apparently left there when I was getting things this weekend (whcih sucks, because it's far away from my apartment, but it's going to be about 17 tonight, so I need a long coat), and then go home and get ready. I'm really excited about this for some reason. I just think it's going to be fun.

How'd it go?! Fun?

TSG and I went out tonight. Got into some pretty deep conversation. I *think* he might be joining me this weekend too... :naughty: He's totally into me. It's kind of adorable. haha.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
MissPrudential|1291781693|2790551 said:

How'd it go?! Fun?

TSG and I went out tonight. Got into some pretty deep conversation. I *think* he might be joining me this weekend too... :naughty: He's totally into me. It's kind of adorable. haha.

Last night was a blast. There were so many cute guys! But I didn't really talk to anybody interesting. Still, it was fun to meet up with friends, get dressed up, and generally have a blast. I can't wait for the pictures to be up! We looked very pretty. I'm so freaking tired this morning, though. I'm trying to go without caffeine so that I can get to bed at 10 tonight! I will say, though, that wandering around in a cocktail dress and strappy shoes at midnight when it's 18*F is NOT fun. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

And awwwwww at TSG being into you. Sometimes it's nice to be adored.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

How'd it go?! Fun?

It's the weekend! Updates? :D Sometimes, it's nice to be worshipped ... ;-)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1291817376|2790872 said:

How'd it go?! Fun?

Last night was a blast. There were so many cute guys! But I didn't really talk to anybody interesting. Still, it was fun to meet up with friends, get dressed up, and generally have a blast. I can't wait for the pictures to be up! We looked very pretty. I'm so freaking tired this morning, though. I'm trying to go without caffeine so that I can get to bed at 10 tonight! I will say, though, that wandering around in a cocktail dress and strappy shoes at midnight when it's 18*F is NOT fun. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

And awwwwww at TSG being into you. Sometimes it's nice to be adored.

Sounds like a fun time! I love having an excuse to dress up. I bought the cutest little dresses for my Vegas girls weekend next month - totally excited to wear them. I want to see pics!

So I am going snowboarding tomorrow finally!! So excited. My friend and I have a private lesson set up for the morning but I have a feeling I will be falling a LOT and going to be in pain.

Sadly, no plans with CV this weekend - not for lack of trying on either of our parts but basically, we both have other plans this weekend and timing didn't work out. He did say that I was as bad as he was at finding time to meet up on the weekend - so at least he doesn't think I'm a total loser with nothing to do, lol :razz: I actually don't know when I'll see him next - he is going to be in Hawaii over the holidays in a week and half, he has work until then, I'm starting work as a sub this week, I think, plus I have friends back for the holidays that I need to see, and then in January, the first weekend, I'm in San Francisco to take the CBEST exam for grad school (but I'll just turn it into a long weekend since I have a friend to crash with - a really tall, cute, smart and single guy friend let me tell you), the weekend after that is Vegas, the weekend after THAT I have to take the CSET exam in another city....oy. Oh and the weekend after that is my 25th birthday....(a little funny, but the weekend after THAT is HIS birthday but he's hitting 30 - double oy).

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
B.E.G.|1292126654|2794629 said:
Sadly, no plans with CV this weekend - not for lack of trying on either of our parts but basically, we both have other plans this weekend and timing didn't work out. He did say that I was as bad as he was at finding time to meet up on the weekend - so at least he doesn't think I'm a total loser with nothing to do, lol :razz: I actually don't know when I'll see him next - he is going to be in Hawaii over the holidays in a week and half, he has work until then, I'm starting work as a sub this week, I think, plus I have friends back for the holidays that I need to see, and then in January, the first weekend, I'm in San Francisco to take the CBEST exam for grad school (but I'll just turn it into a long weekend since I have a friend to crash with - a really tall, cute, smart and single guy friend let me tell you), the weekend after that is Vegas, the weekend after THAT I have to take the CSET exam in another city....oy. Oh and the weekend after that is my 25th birthday....(a little funny, but the weekend after THAT is HIS birthday but he's hitting 30 - double oy).

Sounds as if we have had similar luck this weekend-- he ended up having a family emergency of sorts and has been gone. I have lots of travel planned in the coming month so I'm not sure how it'll all pan out. I'm heading away for a week to visit on side of the family, another week for a different side, a few days back, and then heading out for more vacation after the new year.

I *did* have a lovely weekend even though he wasn't able to join. Even got a number at the bar. hahahaaaa... a number which I think I have already deleted out of my phone. Creepers.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
MissPrudential|1292172675|2794860 said:
B.E.G.|1292126654|2794629 said:

Sounds as if we have had similar luck this weekend-- he ended up having a family emergency of sorts and has been gone. I have lots of travel planned in the coming month so I'm not sure how it'll all pan out. I'm heading away for a week to visit on side of the family, another week for a different side, a few days back, and then heading out for more vacation after the new year.

I *did* have a lovely weekend even though he wasn't able to join. Even got a number at the bar. hahahaaaa... a number which I think I have already deleted out of my phone. Creepers.

LOL. Ugh I do not like creepers. This guy hit on me at a cafe. It started innocuously enough, asking whether my phone was the new iPhone, etc. And then he managed in the space of five minutes to insult both my past profession (law) and my future profession (education). Something about how people who can't do stuff in their field end up teaching, and if you were really good at your field, you'd be out doing it.... :roll: Yeah, I let him blather on for a while. He also looked 16 but apparently owns his own construction company - uh huh....

Had a nice impromptu coffee date with CV during his lunch break today. The guy really sucks at planning - I figured out why too. Turns out his brother is like me - a super planner who takes care of everything - and he's totally never had to plan anything himself. So.... that explains SO much.

Anything new going on with you guys? I'm officially an active substitute teacher this week but I decided not to sub today. Maybe tomorrow! And I applied for Teach for America last night!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results