shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Ladies Small Talk

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Princesss that's AWESOME!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: He sounds like a very cool, classy guy - now is he hot as well? :D So glad to hear it went well!

Sparkly, sounds like that ex had a HUGE inferiority complex :razz: If it were the other way around (I was less educated) I wouldn't mind as long as we both felt we were equal in the relationship (this is still assuming I'm college-educated - I have a thing about college, lol). But the minute one started to feel inferior or superior - yikes, problems!

At the same time, even in the interest of educational parity, I will never date another lawyer/a lawyer again. No thanks - one was enough!

I just got back from zumba. I really don't like Monday's classes with this instructor. The other female instructor is fantastic - she's super into dance moves, we do tons of fun stuff, and it feels like we're really learning Latin steps. The guy instructor is super high energy, lots of cardio, constantly moving. This one is just like....beginning aerobics. Not as much Latin steps, way too much down time - I was bored (but sweating like nothing other because the heat was turned on in the gym!). Two weeks and I'm already getting picky ... :oops:

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Princesss, that is awesome about your hot date!!! I'm glad it went well :appl:

BEG-I have never done Zumba! I'm too chicken to try to aerobic/cardio type classes. I have just done spin class.. The one I went to last week was awful though! I like when they play popular songs.. not just loud techno! There were several people with headphones on which I had never seen before.. Clearly they were prepared!!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
princesss|1288883626|2754866 said:
I'm single! I'm not looking to date at all, though, so I might not be much fun. I like hanging out with guys and meeting them and flirting and all, but I'm not in the mood for a relationship. After 5.5 years, I think I need a break!

Ditto. Not 5.5 years but after the heartbreak of a lifetime with my ex and then dating the biggest jackdonkey of all time, I have decided- I am done. LOL. I want to have someone but I am seriously EXHAUSTED of trying. I just don't care at this point. Plus, I am heading to Australia for the better part of 3 weeks at the end of the year so I am thinking, maybe, when I get back I will have a more optimistic viewpoint. *short rant ahead* I just don't get it, honestly? I have been on Eharmony and various other sites but the people there are just not...well, what I expected. Not that there is anything WRONG with them but most are either wanting to get married like ASAP (like stage 5 clinger i.e. wanting to get married in like 3 months) or are just trying to play games and get what they can. LOL, geez. I sound a tad bitter. A nice refreshing break, that is what I need. LOL, time with my girls and time refining the fine art of flirting. :naughty:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I'm taking ages to reply! I was away all weekend. The masters that I'm looking at is in Public Health, in London. It's super competitive though! I keep changing my mind on careers but I think this masters will cover the things I'm interested in. We'll see how it goes :)

I'm going to my first Zumba class on Friday! I'm excited.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strawdermangrl said:
princesss|1288883626|2754866 said:
I'm single! I'm not looking to date at all, though, so I might not be much fun. I like hanging out with guys and meeting them and flirting and all, but I'm not in the mood for a relationship. After 5.5 years, I think I need a break!

Ditto. Not 5.5 years but after the heartbreak of a lifetime with my ex and then dating the biggest jackdonkey of all time, I have decided- I am done. LOL. I want to have someone but I am seriously EXHAUSTED of trying. I just don't care at this point. Plus, I am heading to Australia for the better part of 3 weeks at the end of the year so I am thinking, maybe, when I get back I will have a more optimistic viewpoint. *short rant ahead* I just don't get it, honestly? I have been on Eharmony and various other sites but the people there are just not...well, what I expected. Not that there is anything WRONG with them but most are either wanting to get married like ASAP (like stage 5 clinger i.e. wanting to get married in like 3 months) or are just trying to play games and get what they can. LOL, geez. I sound a tad bitter. A nice refreshing break, that is what I need. LOL, time with my girls and time refining the fine art of flirting. :naughty:

You know your going to meet some sexy Aussie and never come back to the states so don't even try girlie! Just make sure when you come home to pack your stuff you bring me a kangaroo or something from the outback to remember you by! :cheeky:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1289313483|2759078 said:
*short rant ahead* I just don't get it, honestly? I have been on Eharmony and various other sites but the people there are just not...well, what I expected. Not that there is anything WRONG with them but most are either wanting to get married like ASAP (like stage 5 clinger i.e. wanting to get married in like 3 months) or are just trying to play games and get what they can. LOL, geez. I sound a tad bitter. A nice refreshing break, that is what I need. LOL, time with my girls and time refining the fine art of flirting. :naughty:

I hear ya, sister!

I dated a guy for 5 years, was engaged to him for another 10 months after that, and then I figured out that it/he wasn't what I wanted and we ended things. Then I was single for a long time and with no promising prospects popping up, I tired the eHarmony and Match scene. Went on a whole lot of "dates" with various people, all with a wide range of personalities. Some of them were nice enough but as you said, there were a lot of clingers and a lot of people just looking for a "friends with benefits" type of situation, neither of which I was interested in AT ALL.

Then, about 5.5 months ago, I re-connected with a guy who works in my same building who I had met on one previous occasion about 8 months prior, and we've been dating ever since. Go figure.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
...happy to report I had an excellent date tonight. Guy kind of came out of left field and we went on a blind date more or less. He's not my normal type but we had several hours of engaging conversation and good chemistry--good kisser too. hahaha.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome Miss P....

My last relationship was with a borderline personality disordered individual. Ugh.... I wish I would have seen that one coming.

Soooowa, since I hadn't had a kiss in two years, I decided that although my run in with BPD was traumatic for me, I wasn't going to let it stop me from my promise to go out on at least one date per month for 2011. Gawd, I hate dating...but I paid for eHarmony and am really pessimistic.

However, I am really trying to become optimistic and get me some good, good, lovin' next year. :love:

If all else fails...I still have the love of my VedaBug and that is really all the love I need....(and that occasional b-call). :naughty:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies! Sorry for the drive-by post, but guess what?? I have a date with CV tomorrow! He called earlier when I was at the gym, we chatted for half an hour, he asked me to dinner tomorrow night ..... :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1289364888|2759769 said:
Hi ladies! Sorry for the drive-by post, but guess what?? I have a date with CV tomorrow! He called earlier when I was at the gym, we chatted for half an hour, he asked me to dinner tomorrow night ..... :)
:appl: :appl: :appl:

BEG -- I don't post in this thread but I've been reading about CV. I'm glad he called and didn't flake out on you after all. Have fun!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
RedRose- yeah, we will see but I am not getting my hopes up, at all!! LOL.

MissP- 'Oh Snap' LOL. Get down with your badself.

B.E.G- Hooray! :)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe said:
B.E.G.|1289364888|2759769 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl:

BEG -- I don't post in this thread but I've been reading about CV. I'm glad he called and didn't flake out on you after all. Have fun!

OMG! Let us know how it goes! Yippee! And he called when your at the gym...way to go! And instead of coffee, you got dinner! Go B.E.G! :appl: :appl: ::) :bigsmile:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'm all excited for BEG's date tonight. Maybe it'll get my mind off of the awkward situation I am going to be in.

A friend of mine is having a fundraiser tonight, and I promised I'd go. It's important to her and most of her friends are flaking. So who is the other friend of hers going? My ex. And the two of them are SUPER flirty (he was hitting on her while she was sitting on my lap at a party the other week - I mean, flirt away, but while the girl is SITTING ON YOUR EX'S LAP?!?!?!), and while I have absolutely no problem with them flirting and having fun, I don't particularly want to see it. So I have a feeling I'll be going, writing a check, and leaving.

The irony of it all? This will be the same bar where my horrific pseudo-date (that included the guy's ex hanging out with us, and then bailing because she didn't want to watch us flirt) took place a couple of months ago. Oh karma, you sneaky #%*&@.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
princesss|1289400400|2759988 said:
I'm all excited for BEG's date tonight.

Me too! haha... we are living vicariously through each other.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm all excited for BEG's date tonight. Maybe it'll get my mind off of the awkward situation I am going to be in.

A friend of mine is having a fundraiser tonight, and I promised I'd go. It's important to her and most of her friends are flaking. So who is the other friend of hers going? My ex. And the two of them are SUPER flirty (he was hitting on her while she was sitting on my lap at a party the other week - I mean, flirt away, but while the girl is SITTING ON YOUR EX'S LAP?!?!?!), and while I have absolutely no problem with them flirting and having fun, I don't particularly want to see it. So I have a feeling I'll be going, writing a check, and leaving.

The irony of it all? This will be the same bar where my horrific pseudo-date (that included the guy's ex hanging out with us, and then bailing because she didn't want to watch us flirt) took place a couple of months ago. Oh karma, you sneaky #%*&@.

:-o Ummm, yeah, I would be there for all of 27 seconds and then I would bail. No lie, don't put yourself through that crizzap girl.

B.E.G. You have to detail out the date to us tomorrow, I mean, I want to be able to curl up with a glass of wine and read it tomorrow night. :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: Sending lots of dust your way!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1289404070|2760026 said:

:-o Ummm, yeah, I would be there for all of 27 seconds and then I would bail. No lie, don't put yourself through that crizzap girl.

B.E.G. You have to detail out the date to us tomorrow, I mean, I want to be able to curl up with a glass of wine and read it tomorrow night. :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: Sending lots of dust your way!!

Yeah, I was talking to some friends and realized that there is really no need for me to put myself through this. I'll just call my friend and tell her that I got stuck at work and go do laundry or something.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree, totally. Good call...although, since I have my horns out today....you could always just take a hot guy. :Up_to_something:

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1289406995|2760059 said:
I agree, totally. Good call...although, since I have my horns out today....you could always just take a hot guy. :Up_to_something:

haha...

Revenge sometimes feels good but then again, it's not really worth your effort IMO. Just pick up and move on.

... Blind Date and I are meeting at the dog park tonight. :appl: It's lovely fall weather here so he's grabbing us coffee and we'll (hopefully) have a casual chat while the dog runs around. The place is like 7 acres fenced in with picnic benches and such dispersed throughout so I hope it won't be awkward and people won't know we're on a semi-date. haha. He asked if I wanted to grab dinner but I'm pretty busy this week. I said I couldn't and I was like... "buuuut I am going to the dog park around 4 if you want to stop by."

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!! So excited, and nervous!

Princesss, don't go tonight! Don't! Plead sick, washing hair, whatever. No need to put yourself through that. I'll be glad when your ex moves away and you won't have to run into each other.

MissPru - way to go!! Let us know how it goes - and a dog lover! You can't go wrong with a dog lover :)

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
B.E.G.|1289411703|2760128 said:
MissPru - way to go!! Let us know how it goes - and a dog lover! You can't go wrong with a dog lover :)

Dog park didn't work out last night-- I ended up getting out a bit later and had to call and cancel. :rolleyes: Poor form, I know. Haha. My dog didn't appreciate it either. We did however chat on the phone for a while and scheduled a "real date" on Friday. He also gave me a heads up that I could join him on Saturday for an event he already had scheduled but I'm going to be out of town so I won't be doing that.

BEG: I saw your date update and I kind of feel the same way about this guy. He's cute, we have good chemistry, but we're both pretty busy... so who knows where it'll go. In the meantime I'm just enjoying the ride! Wheeeeee!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I had a chance to have a chat with a friend of mine from HS yesterday, and it's so funny how given all the time that's elapsed since we met and how much we've both changed, how freaking alike we still are. We were talking about dating and guys yesterday and I think every other sentence was, "Oh, it's so nice to have somebody that UNDERSTANDS!"

Didn't go to the fundraiser last night. Called my friend and told her work was crazy, and she was super sweet and understanding. She really is a sweet girl, even if she does like to hit on my ex while I'm around. Spent the night doing laundry with my neighbours and watching PBS. Oh, the glamourous single life.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't stop stalking my ex's FB.

I am driving myself crazy. That is all.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
MissPrudential|1289486118|2761344 said:
B.E.G.|1289411703|2760128 said:

Dog park didn't work out last night-- I ended up getting out a bit later and had to call and cancel. :rolleyes: Poor form, I know. Haha. My dog didn't appreciate it either. We did however chat on the phone for a while and scheduled a "real date" on Friday. He also gave me a heads up that I could join him on Saturday for an event he already had scheduled but I'm going to be out of town so I won't be doing that.

BEG: I saw your date update and I kind of feel the same way about this guy. He's cute, we have good chemistry, but we're both pretty busy... so who knows where it'll go. In the meantime I'm just enjoying the ride! Wheeeeee!

Awww boo about the dog park, but yay for a real date!!!! Ok, so I am totally going to be taking the GRE tomorrow, but I want some details tomorrow night! I'll be checking back on this thread :D And I'm with you on enjoying the ride - like you said, who knows where it could go? Yay I am SO EXCITED for you and your date with this cute guy - have fun!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1289488275|2761400 said:
I had a chance to have a chat with a friend of mine from HS yesterday, and it's so funny how given all the time that's elapsed since we met and how much we've both changed, how freaking alike we still are. We were talking about dating and guys yesterday and I think every other sentence was, "Oh, it's so nice to have somebody that UNDERSTANDS!"

Didn't go to the fundraiser last night. Called my friend and told her work was crazy, and she was super sweet and understanding. She really is a sweet girl, even if she does like to hit on my ex while I'm around. Spent the night doing laundry with my neighbours and watching PBS. Oh, the glamourous single life.

Good for you! Um, maybe it's just me, but no matter how sweet said friend is, I would kind of punch her if she was flirting with my ex like right after my break-up while I was there. But that's just me ;-) You are clearly a MUCH stronger and better woman than I am! (I have a temper, ok???? :razz:)

Ahem, so any updates/news/calls from your cute date guy with the hot accent? (Seriously, are not accents freakin' HOT? They'll suck me in every time)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1289491407|2761512 said:

STOP! Although I understand the feeling.

I looked at ex's FB page because he's in Africa right now to see his pics. I saw that his ex (the girl before me) was there IN Africa visiting him. The ex that called and texted ALL THE TIME while we were going out, telling him she missed him. The one that my ex totally blew off my concerns about, saying I had no right to dictate who he should be friends with, and that physically it was impossible anything would happen (since she was in China). The ex that he has mentioned several times how hot she was (um, yeah, she's not - girl needs to tweeze her eyebrows). Anyway, I wasn't mad about the ex so much as I was mad about his snarky passive-aggressive FB message to me about taking down our couple pics when she was in town, and then I cut myself off from visiting his page.

So STOP! :razz:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Shut the front door!!! I can't believe it was that easy!! B.E.G you better keep us posted. It almost makes me want to get a dog. I did take the plunge tonight and called the eHarmony guy but I got his voice mail and I choose not to leave a message. I *67'd him so that he shouldn't be able to identify my numb. I did email him to tell him it was me who called and left no message and wished him a nice weekend. Maybe next time he will answer his phone. :)

Here's wishing us great dates so that if the date itself goes south, we still get to enjoy great food in the process.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
miraclesrule|1289542958|2763094 said:
Shut the front door!!! I can't believe it was that easy!! B.E.G you better keep us posted. It almost makes me want to get a dog. I did take the plunge tonight and called the eHarmony guy but I got his voice mail and I choose not to leave a message. I *67'd him so that he shouldn't be able to identify my numb. I did email him to tell him it was me who called and left no message and wished him a nice weekend. Maybe next time he will answer his phone. :)

Here's wishing us great dates so that if the date itself goes south, we still get to enjoy great food in the process.

Miracles! I didn't know there was a guy on the horizon - so glad you stopped by the thread! And WAY TO GO lady for calling! I definitely know now that it is not easy! Lol, I love that you didn't leave a VM but you e-mailed him :razz:

I've met you, so I KNOW how awesome and gorgeous you are - so I am sure that he will call back soon! (And if for some incredible impossible reason he doesn't, he's too dumb to deserve you ;-) ).

Keep us updated!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
B.E.G.|1289527466|2762890 said:

I looked at ex's FB page because he's in Africa right now to see his pics. I saw that his ex (the girl before me) was there IN Africa visiting him. The ex that called and texted ALL THE TIME while we were going out, telling him she missed him. The one that my ex totally blew off my concerns about, saying I had no right to dictate who he should be friends with, and that physically it was impossible anything would happen (since she was in China). The ex that he has mentioned several times how hot she was (um, yeah, she's not - girl needs to tweeze her eyebrows). Anyway, I wasn't mad about the ex so much as I was mad about his snarky passive-aggressive FB message to me about taking down our couple pics when she was in town, and then I cut myself off from visiting his page.

Boys are so dumb sometimes. Yeah, I will stop. Esp. since I just recently got the guts up to 'de-friend' him. Took me a while. Sigh.

In other news, I was at a bar last night where a friend of mine from childhood was playing with his band. (Country bar- pretty cool, though.) I was sitting there with a few friends and another came to sit with us, I turned to the table behind us and low and behold- 3 hot guys. Yum. I ask, maybe batting my eyelashes a bit, 'Can we use this chair?'. So, as I grab the chair and my other friend settles in, I get a tap on my shoulder. Hot guy #1 says 'we decided that if you are going to use our chair, we are going to need to at least know your name'. 8) The night progresses and we chat a bit, well a lot. We talked about where we worked, went to school, grew up, blah blah blah. I run to the restroom and return to him handing me his phone already set up with my name and ready for me to put my number in. :bigsmile: He also texted me last night. Boy was about 6'5", meat and potato build, totally could tell he played football most his life and had the most gorgeous blue eyes. Lets see how this goes. :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1289576063|2763333 said:
B.E.G.|1289527466|2762890 said:

Boys are so dumb sometimes. Yeah, I will stop. Esp. since I just recently got the guts up to 'de-friend' him. Took me a while. Sigh.

In other news, I was at a bar last night where a friend of mine from childhood was playing with his band. (Country bar- pretty cool, though.) I was sitting there with a few friends and another came to sit with us, I turned to the table behind us and low and behold- 3 hot guys. Yum. I ask, maybe batting my eyelashes a bit, 'Can we use this chair?'. So, as I grab the chair and my other friend settles in, I get a tap on my shoulder. Hot guy #1 says 'we decided that if you are going to use our chair, we are going to need to at least know your name'. 8) The night progresses and we chat a bit, well a lot. We talked about where we worked, went to school, grew up, blah blah blah. I run to the restroom and return to him handing me his phone already set up with my name and ready for me to put my number in. :bigsmile: He also texted me last night. Boy was about 6'5", meat and potato build, totally could tell he played football most his life and had the most gorgeous blue eyes. Lets see how this goes. :)

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yay! That sounds awesome - hope he calls soon! :) :)

And kudos for defriending the ex! I haven't...and I don't know if I will. Unfortunately I'm also FB friends with quite a few of his family members, his best friends from high school and college, and we have a TON of mutual friends from law school.... :knockout:

In other news - taking the GRE today - wish me luck!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
B.E.G- Good luck, girl! I know you don't NEED it but sending you lots of dust.

My ex-hubby's sister requested me as a friend last night. I accepted, just because we got divorced doesn't mean that I can't talk to her, right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results