shape
carat
color
clarity

Side Projects?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement, panda! Its an immediate family SS, which is why I was open to gold.. not exactly budget friendly, but I thought I could roll her SS and bridal shower gift into one to justify it!

I'm sorry that the tourmaline you picked wasn't quite right IRL - good luck with your continued search!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1355093341|3327123 said:
Thanks for the encouragement, panda! Its an immediate family SS, which is why I was open to gold.. not exactly budget friendly, but I thought I could roll her SS and bridal shower gift into one to justify it!

I'm sorry that the tourmaline you picked wasn't quite right IRL - good luck with your continued search!
I think the necklace is a lovely gift idea! You could probably get one that is yellow gold plated over sterling for much cheaper than solid gold. I bet most Etsy sellers could do that if you asked?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1355094288|3327136 said:
I think the necklace is a lovely gift idea! You could probably get one that is yellow gold plated over sterling for much cheaper than solid gold. I bet most Etsy sellers could do that if you asked?

That did cross my mind! But, how long do you think that would last before the ring rubbing on it would mess with the plate/fill?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1355094747|3327147 said:
audball|1355094288|3327136 said:

That did cross my mind! But, how long do you think that would last before the ring rubbing on it would mess with the plate/fill?
I think it would last pretty well. Necklaces don't have as much rubbing as rings, etc so plating tends to last a lot longer on those types of pieces. And putting the ring on the wishbone doesn't requiring rubbing the metals on each other. You can carefully slide it on and once there, it just sits there so I really do think it would be ok!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the encouragement audball, I bought one! (http://www.etsy.com/listing/107199838/silver-wish-bone-necklace-sterling?ga_search_query=wishbone) I might have to test it out when it arrives. :naughty:

I also got my pendant! A 0.10 pointer (I know, its melee around here!) in the tiniest YG basket setting, ITS SO LITTLE, I am in love with it! Its very sparkly and white, I'm yet to get a macro shot of it to scrutinize! I was interested to see how different the cut is to the diamond in my ring.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1355482058|3331041 said:
Thank you for the encouragement audball, I bought one! (http://www.etsy.com/listing/107199838/silver-wish-bone-necklace-sterling?ga_search_query=wishbone) I might have to test it out when it arrives. :naughty:

I also got my pendant! A 0.10 pointer (I know, its melee around here!) in the tiniest YG basket setting, ITS SO LITTLE, I am in love with it! Its very sparkly and white, I'm yet to get a macro shot of it to scrutinize! I was interested to see how different the cut is to the diamond in my ring.
It looks great! A lot like mine! I'm glad you found one that was fluid like that. And I can't wait to see your new pendant!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
It does look very similar to yours, maybe identical! I like how the pendant itself hangs off the necklace, without a jump ring. I'm really excited to give it to her! :appl: Thank you so much for sharing it on here, it saved my Secret Santa butt!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1355489688|3331088 said:
It does look very similar to yours, maybe identical! I like how the pendant itself hangs off the necklace, without a jump ring. I'm really excited to give it to her! :appl: Thank you so much for sharing it on here, it saved my Secret Santa butt!
Exactly! That's what I meant about the fluidity of it. I hated the ones I saw that used a jump ring.

I'm glad you love it! I hope she does too! :))

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooooooo I have just listed my pendant on eBay (exchange only, no returns!).

I LOVE the teeny tiny yg setting, but I don't love the diamonds cut. I hate everything today! ;( Dust that it sells quickly please!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1355689278|3332848 said:
Sooooooooo I have just listed my pendant on eBay (exchange only, no returns!).

I LOVE the teeny tiny yg setting, but I don't love the diamonds cut. I hate everything today! ;( Dust that it sells quickly please!
Dusst!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results