shape
carat
color
clarity

Side Projects?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Are you focused solely on your engagement ring, or do you have a lil' somethin' somethin' necklace/earrings/RHR on the side?

For me, I'm thinking Christmas is coming, and I don't own a necklace... yet! :Up_to_something:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have too many "side projects".

I posted… somewhere on here.. about my emotional shopping. I just bought myself a sapphire. I have 2 loose garnets and 1 loose .4 diamond already. They're just sitting there, waiting for me to set them.

Sapphire will be a fun RHR for once-in-a-while occasions. The 2 garnets will be set for FMIL and my grandmother, as gifts during the wedding ceremony. I think that 0.40ct-er will be a small pendant, but I'm not sure anymore. It's not very well cut, and I'm not positive I would like wearing it all the time.

I'm collecting "inspiration" photos of how I'd set the 3 CSs.

I wear a T&Co SS necklace daily. I think every gal deserves a nice daily necklace that they never have to take off. Buy yourself something pretty. I'm definitely an advocate for buying your own jewelry. We can't wait for our men forever!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Our ring is already complete so no projects here. I do have my eye on that Tiffany & Co Charm Enhancer necklace that Mico posted about in RockyTalky. I kind of want one for Christmas...

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Not for me. I'm still waiting for him to bring up wanting to go look at rings and get ideas. So frustrating.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Madelise, a gem-shopping rampage! :tongue: How sweet is the FMIL and grandma jewellery idea! SO SO SWEET. I'm with you on buying your own jewellery, why not! The ring I wear every day I bought for myself.

Audball, you should do it!

MBKRH, are you firmly in the not-bringing-it-up camp?

I can't decide if I want a solitaire pendant, or something metal. I'm imagining a YG chain as delicate as I get get away with, so I think that a metal pendant is probably the way to go, since the chain would be a fairly high break risk. Loosing a diamond = death!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1349257730|3278529 said:

Firmly, unless I have one too many drinks. :knockout: :lol:

I've mentioned earlier that he bought me a pre-owned car back in May, and he is making the payments on it. So to bring up anything ring related would make me look greedy, I think. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm not a patient person.

*edited for grammar

audball

Ideal_Rock
Wow Madelise, a gem-shopping rampage! :tongue: How sweet is the FMIL and grandma jewellery idea! SO SO SWEET. I'm with you on buying your own jewellery, why not! The ring I wear every day I bought for myself.

Audball, you should do it!

I can't decide if I want a solitaire pendant, or something metal. I'm imagining a YG chain as delicate as I get get away with, so I think that a metal pendant is probably the way to go, since the chain would be a fairly high break risk. Loosing a diamond = death!
Andrew and I talked about it. I'd like to see it in person, I hope our local Tiff's has one. We may look closer to Christmas/our birthdays for December.

ETA: And YES! Don't lose diamonds!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not a YG girl at all. But YG thin chains are so beautiful! They blend right in with skin. I want to get that little diamond of mine set in a bezel, then put on a thin, maybe YG chain so it looks like I just have a floating diamond on my neck :love:

I tried on diff bezel diamond sizes at T&Co for fun and I loved the YG chain the best.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The only side job I have is making my Christmas list - and it's all from Tiffany's :lickout: The charm enhancer necklace is #1 and there's a little leather tiffany blue jewelry box on there too :) then I added a few other things so I can at least be surprised about one thing...bc I know I'm def getting the two listed here haha.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH - HEHE! Gosh I'd hate to think what I might be like after a glass of wine on a bad LIWitis day! I don't really drink, so hopefully I'll never have to find out! Do you know when the car payments schedule ends? I hope soon!

audball, nooooo! There will be no loosing diamonds on my watch!

madelise, I love how https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-bgd-barbara-pendant.147715/ looks very floaty! I think a 'floating' diamond pendant would be so so pretty! Its what I was imagining for myself, if I went the diamond route. I'm not sure I'm a bezel girl though? Perhaps with milgrain?

LoveLikeCrazy - I am not very up with the play when it comes to Tiffany's, but it all sounds lovely! Is the charm enhancer's real purpose enhancing charms?? I am just realising the name does not reflect the ring-holder I assumed it was!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1349912680|3282989 said:
MBKRH - HEHE! Gosh I'd hate to think what I might be like after a glass of wine on a bad LIWitis day! I don't really drink, so hopefully I'll never have to find out! Do you know when the car payments schedule ends? I hope soon!

LOL. Sometimes I wish I didn't drink. Or at least learn to shut up when I'm drinking (as I'm polishing off a bottle of beer). :oops:

I'm not quite sure when the payments end. Right now, they take $75 a week out of his check to pay it off (he got the car where he works, so they let him "buy here, pay here."). He won't let me put money towards it, and I don't know if he's put any additional cash towards paying it off. I'm thinking anywhere between another year to 17 months. I try not to think about it.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Side projects? Doesn't that by definition mean I need to have a main project? hmm...I should get working on that :naughty:

But really. While I am here studying abroad, I am searching for a nice jade bangle. The unfortunate part of it is that the ones I like are the lighter green, more translucent ones, which are also more expensive. I found a beautiful one yesterday but it was around $400 US. Which in the grand scheme of nice jade bangles really isn't as expensive (I've heard of ones that cost $1000s) but I feel like I need to keep searching more in order to settle on THE ONE since you usually wear it for many years at a time since they can be difficult to put on.

Other than that, I am trying not to buy as many earrings/necklaces because I already have so many that I rotate between, same goes with silver rings (I have a spoon ring with lilies from DBF and an infinity ring that I wear)...so not much left lol. I went through a kick with a bunch of the Pandora/Troll beads for my bracelet so I have quite enough of those as well. At this point you can see I obviously have enough variety of jewelry...just need to start saving up for more of the quality stuff!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy - I am not very up with the play when it comes to Tiffany's, but it all sounds lovely! Is the charm enhancer's real purpose enhancing charms?? I am just realising the name does not reflect the ring-holder I assumed it was!

I'm assuming the REAL purpose is to put charms on...I actually have a few but i just rotate them on the silver bead chain depending on mood. I like mico's and resonance of life's use of it better though :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1349940687|3283132 said:
Side projects? Doesn't that by definition mean I need to have a main project? hmm...I should get working on that :naughty:

But really. While I am here studying abroad, I am searching for a nice jade bangle. The unfortunate part of it is that the ones I like are the lighter green, more translucent ones, which are also more expensive. I found a beautiful one yesterday but it was around $400 US. Which in the grand scheme of nice jade bangles really isn't as expensive (I've heard of ones that cost $1000s) but I feel like I need to keep searching more in order to settle on THE ONE since you usually wear it for many years at a time since they can be difficult to put on.

Other than that, I am trying not to buy as many earrings/necklaces because I already have so many that I rotate between, same goes with silver rings (I have a spoon ring with lilies from DBF and an infinity ring that I wear)...so not much left lol. I went through a kick with a bunch of the Pandora/Troll beads for my bracelet so I have quite enough of those as well. At this point you can see I obviously have enough variety of jewelry...just need to start saving up for more of the quality stuff!!

No, you don't need a "main" project to have a side one! The main project is, well, the e-ring anyway.. so some people aren't even involved in that one!

Have you seen any lavender jade while away?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

audball, nooooo! There will be no loosing diamonds on my watch!

madelise, I love how https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-bgd-barbara-pendant.147715/ looks very floaty! I think a 'floating' diamond pendant would be so so pretty! Its what I was imagining for myself, if I went the diamond route. I'm not sure I'm a bezel girl though? Perhaps with milgrain?

i LOVE****** :love: :love: :love: the barbara! I want an OEC in a barbara, with milgrain! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: YUM!
matching stud earrings, too??

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoveLikeCrazy|1349968674|3283279 said:

I'm assuming the REAL purpose is to put charms on...I actually have a few but i just rotate them on the silver bead chain depending on mood. I like mico's and resonance of life's use of it better though :)

hehe, i think an engagement ring > any charm, ever.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1349978576|3283358 said:
pandabee|1349940687|3283132 said:

No, you don't need a "main" project to have a side one! The main project is, well, the e-ring anyway.. so some people aren't even involved in that one!

Have you seen any lavender jade while away?

True true. Haven't seen any lavender ones yet but would love to. Good lavender ones that aren't color treated are way expensive though so not sure if I'll see any of those either. Supposed to go somewhere that has more tomorrow so I'll update again!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee did you ever find a jade bracelet?

Yesterday SO bought me a very fine YG chain for Christmas. Now I'm on the hunt for its pendant. I want a TINY diamond, preferably. Harder to find than I anticipated, its making me feel a bit manic. !!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1354497545|3320909 said:
pandabee did you ever find a jade bracelet?

Yesterday SO bought me a very fine YG chain for Christmas. Now I'm on the hunt for its pendant. I want a TINY diamond, preferably. Harder to find than I anticipated, its making me feel a bit manic. !!

Oh I did!! Thanks for asking, I forgot about this thread. I actually ended up with a white jade bangle. Slightly different breed than the typical jade you see, it's sometimes called "mutton jade" because it's more cloudy and not as transparent. Despite its name, mine usually wears fairly green.

On another note, I have a possible project on the horizon: a blue colored stone RHR!! More details in a few days when I find out more about the center stone I'm looking at :)

_2154.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1354499470|3320936 said:
On another note, I have a possible project on the horizon: a blue colored stone RHR!! More details in a few days when I find out more about the center stone I'm looking at :)
Can't wait to see pictures!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh! You ladies have lots of fun stuff in the works!

Right now, I have a loose emerald (my daughter’s birthstone) and a couple loose smaller diamonds. I just set the .3 into a pendant and I love it! I rarely take it off and it’s so sparkly. :bigsmile:
The other smaller diamond- about a .25 I would guess… I am thinking about making into a small necklace for my daughter to give to her at our wedding ceremony… I know she will only be 6ish then but I feel like it would be fun to give her something she can keep forever. Of course, she wouldn’t be wearing it but for special occasions- I think she should have a token from that day too.

Not sure about the emerald yet though. I would like to make it into a ring and then give it to her eventually too but I am still looking for a setting and that will have to wait until all my Christmas presents are purchased…. Santa went a little crazy this year… Ooops!
:Up_to_something:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo I like your bracelet pandabee! Its a lovely colour and size. One of my friends had SUCH a hard time getting hers off after her in-laws got it on her! I guess you aren't supposed to take them off. ?

antiquesparkler, LETS TALK DIAMOND PENDANTS! (I love the sentiment behind the idea by the way!) Looking for one is making me loose the will to live! :loopy:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1354570936|3321590 said:
Ooo I like your bracelet pandabee! Its a lovely colour and size. One of my friends had SUCH a hard time getting hers off after her in-laws got it on her! I guess you aren't supposed to take them off. ?

antiquesparkler, LETS TALK DIAMOND PENDANTS! (I love the sentiment behind the idea by the way!) Looking for one is making me loose the will to live! :loopy:

Pandabee -- I LOVE IT. Have you noticed any changing in color from wearing it?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1354674829|3322807 said:

Pandabee -- I LOVE IT. Have you noticed any changing in color from wearing it?

It does change a bit (probably due to body temp as your grandmother discovered) like right now it's kind of gray-green, sometimes it's a light green, sometimes it's more vivid green like the photo. It doesn't ever get to white though surprisingly.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Hehehe! Well the one I made is lovely. I think I like it more every day. I will try and post a picture. My daughter's will be smaller but maybe I can get her hooked on diamonds early.... :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
I have one! It's cheap -- but I really like it!

I don't know if any of you have been paying much attention, but lots of ladies have been purchasing T&Co charm enhancer necklaces to wear and be able to have a safe place to put their rings (on the clasp) when they can't wear them.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+charm+enhancer&search=1

I LOVED the idea, but not the price ($100 for silver). I'm also NOT a name brand girl. I've been casually looking for alternatives for awhile. The other day, Mico shared a link with me for another company that makes ring holder necklaces.
http://emilyc.com/

I loved the idea of these, but the price was still more than I was happy about for silver (closer to $200). I kind of liked the idea of her design better in a way, though, because you looped the ring onto the pendant instead of through a clasp. I also liked that it was a necklace/pendant when the ring wasn't on it instead of just a circle. Of all her designs, my favorite is actually the butterfly because I liked how the space that the ring goes through looks like a butterfly's antennae, but knew it would be difficult (ie: impossible) to find a cheaper version. I also worried that the butterfly would look to cutesy/young.
http://emilyc.com/shop/the-butterfly.html

Some other LIWs were really liking the wishbone. I didn't care for Emily C's version, but thought the design was simple enough that it would be easily made elsewhere (and hopefully for cheaper!). Mico linked to some she found on Etsy and I searched further for a style I liked. I found one that I really liked a lot and decided to order it! It came in today and it's PERFECT!
Inspiration:
http://emilyc.com/shop/the-wishbone.html
The one I purchased:
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/106271061 -- $18 + $2.50 shipping = $20.50 total! Woot!

The chain is nice, the pendant is the perfect size and done in a matte finish which I totally love. I couldn't be happier. The design is brilliant, I love being able to have a pendant that looks like a pendant but can be used to hold my ring when needed WITHOUT having to take the necklace off to get the ring on.

How it works (scroll down to the second set of drawings and video for how the wishbone style works):
http://emilyc.com/how/
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n73ytQEHkuI

Without further ado...pictures!

pc050013.jpg

pc050017.jpg

pc050014.jpg

pc050008.jpg

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhhh, aud! I've never seen a wishbone-holder like this before! I LOVE! I have saved it to my bookmarks. ;))

I love the matte/polished/diamond combination too.

As for my pendant (nightmare) - I am going shopping for ideas with SO on Sunday!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1354828054|3324718 said:
Ahhhhhh, aud! I've never seen a wishbone-holder like this before! I LOVE! I have saved it to my bookmarks. ;))

I love the matte/polished/diamond combination too.

As for my pendant (nightmare) - I am going shopping for ideas with SO on Sunday!
YAY! I'm glad you like it! :appl:

I hope the shopping trip goes well!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
audball said:
I hope the shopping trip goes well!

Shopping was fruitless! I am now thinking along the lines of sourcing the stone myself and having it custom made. I'm a bit nervous about it!

ALSO: I have been WRACKING my brain for what to give my secret santa, and I had a lightbulb moment looking at the wishbone necklace! She is a newly engaged intern, I think its perfect? Her ering is YG, but I'm having trouble sourcing a solid gold one without an enormous price tag! Silver - Y/N?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think silver is great Chewie! It's a secret santa gift...I'm sure they don't expect it to be precious metal haha. And the bonus of it of course is that she can wear it as a regular necklace if she wants!

Sad news, I got the tourmaline I was looking at for my RHR, and it is too green for me. I wanted one that is more blue, so I'm on the search again! Just means I don't have to pay for a setting yet ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results