shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your inclusions! SI1 to I3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I thought I''d bring this over from rocky talky because this is more the picture forum.

Here is my SI1. There are some feathers, but depending on the angle, you can only see one of them, and sometimes, not even that one. There is a tiny carbon in the first picture that took me several months to find, and even then only with a 30x loupe. I never thought I''d like an SI stone, but I can''t see any of these inclusions even if I look very, very closely without a loupe. SI1 can be quite a bargain.

I''m hoping you all will chime in with pictures of your own inclusions -- SI1 to I3.

lumpkinsinclusions.jpg

lumpkinsinclusions2.jpg

lumpkinsinclusions3.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My princess is a SI2, it has a small feather on the side near a prong, I do not have any carbon spots, I cannot take good pictures (I got to try some of the advice on another thread and try again), my ring sparkles like crazy and you can not see "flaws" from the top.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my 1.092 H SI2

curiodiamond.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the IS

IS_AGS_curio.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Curiopotter, that is one very clean SI1. Can you point out the inclusions and tell us what they are?

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Here''s our G SI2. We were told that it probably should be more like a VS2. It has an incredibly small feather at the base of the culet. No carbon, clouds, pinpoints, etc. Just that one tiny feather that is nearly impossible to see without a whole lot of magnification :) We can''t even see it at 10x. I LOVE MY ROCK!!
36.gif
30.gif
9.gif

ags102000.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 11:49:52 PM
Author: lumpkin
Curiopotter, that is one very clean SI1. Can you point out the inclusions and tell us what they are?

It''s an SI2, and I have a really really really hard time finding the inclusions. I need to buy a 40X loupe and mess around with my stone.. I won''t have the diamond back for a while, so if I remember to take photos of my inclusions when i get it back, I''ll post ''em.

This is all I could gather... There are some teeny pinpoints in the center too. It''s still on WF''s website-- feel free to take a look at the report. http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-175734.htm#

curiodiamond_inclusions.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou 4bugz and Curio. I think this is wonderful for anyone to see when they are debating what clarity they will get.

I think your diamonds are incredibly clean for SI2. Curio, could I ask which lab did your report, and also the same thing of you, 4bugz?

My report came from GIA.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Oops! Ours is an AGS 000 Ideal cut ... another picture attached :)

Both our jeweler and appraiser thought that it was somewhat conservatively graded. I don''t know what the requirements are to make it to an SI2. They thought it was more like VS2.

jenshearts.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was also graded by AGS.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
GIA graded SI2. I can only see it with my naked eye when I hold it juuuuust right and am trying to find it. Whenever I get it cleaned, its the first thing I look for when I get it back!
2.gif
I think there are some other little ones in there, but I''ve never seen them. This pic was taken using my little printers loop... no clue how strong it is... 6-10x.

includion_here.jpg

njc_sunshine.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, NJC, I'll bet you can't even begin to see that inclusion unless it's really magnified. Cool magnification photo, and I've always liked your solitaire set.
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results