shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me Your wider diamond bands...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock

So Bf and I have talked about getting engaged in the future, and we''ve decided to follow somewhat of our cultural tradition and get engaged with bands. I''ve looked at different types of shared prong diamond eternity bands, but I''m not sure what I like, as I keep changing my mind every day.
Please show me Your different types of diamond bands, pave, shared prong, 4-prong, or any other kind of band...

Here''s the favorite of the day...

30.gif

Leonband2345.JPG

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wide of rings are you looking for?

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Here is my anniversary band. 1 row of princess cut diamonds in between two rows of round ones. :)

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 3:58:29 PM
Author: baby monster
Do you prefer geometric or flowery designs?

I love the wide ''cubism'' band by canturi http://www.canturi.com/cubism.html
AAAH! Thanks!! That looks really pretty, I really LOVE the wide band....I just sent them an email asking for some more info on it....
18.gif

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Addy,

Well, I'm not really sure, I have pretty small hands, I'm not sure exactly what size my ringfinger is, but I'm guessing 3ish...So I don't want anything that'll be overwhelming for my hands, I'd say a minimum width of 4 mm? and a maximum of 6-7mm? Is that considered wide?
33.gif

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 5:22:20 PM
Author: shortee78
Here is my anniversary band. 1 row of princess cut diamonds in between two rows of round ones. :)
Thank you for the picture! It looks really nice...May I ask where You got it?
25.gif

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
My cousin purchased a 4mm eternity band for her engagement ring and then when she got married she put a 2mm plain platinum band on each side. It is a beautiful set.

Good luck in your search.

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 6:21:54 PM
Author: Lill_The_Thrill

Thank you for the picture! It looks really nice...May I ask where You got it?
25.gif

Thanks for the compliment! I got it from the LA jewelry district, but they have a website : princeofjewels.com. It''s on page five of the Bands section. I got it much cheaper than the discounted price shown on the site, btw. The pictures on that site aren''t very good so if you are interested, I can take a real-life shot of my ring later tonight or tomorrow.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I love wearing wide bands as a RHR.
Here are mine

IMG_2480.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Alex Sepkus

IMG_2484.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Carl Blackburn

IMG_2483.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Chopard

IMG_2485.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Golly iluvcarats what a wonderful collection! esp the Alex Sepkus, I've wanted something of his for a long time..

Anyway Lill, I love the idea of the band, I'm a band fanatic. Only skinny ones to date, though I love wide ones too (they just cost more hee hee!)

It's not the right size but did you see the 'Tuscany' Leon one for sale on his website? I
30.gif
it!

I also love these plain gold and silver mix wide bands from Niessing. Not diamonds but yummy!

Edited to add: sorry that is so big!

n171292_70.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 10:12:25 PM
Author: angeline
Golly iluvcarats what a wonderful collection! esp the Alex Sepkus, I''ve wanted something of his for a long time..

Anyway Lill, I love the idea of the band, I''m a band fanatic. Only skinny ones to date, though I love wide ones too (they just cost more hee hee!)

It''s not the right size but did you see the ''Tuscany'' Leon one for sale on his website? I
30.gif
it!

I also love these plain gold and silver mix wide bands from Niessing. Not diamonds but yummy!

Edited to add: sorry that is so big!

Thanks Angeline!
The Alex Sepkus is one of my favorites.
It is rose gold with all different natural colored diamonds in tones of rose, pink, brown and yellow.
And it is made so beautifully.
He really is amazing!

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Kcourselle: Thank you for the link! I've actually looked through your thread about a gazillion times already
27.gif
, I've thought alot about a 5-stone, and it*s actually first on my list, so if I don't find anything else that I love more or equally as muich as the 5-stone I'll get the 5-stone...ah, if that makes any sense...
33.gif
...Thank God I don't have a time pressure..

Baby monster: Thanks! Wow! You have a very exquisite taste
30.gif
...I love just about every band on that site...haha

MMMD: Thank You, I will probably get a solitaire of some kind as a wedding ring, we're doing it backwards...But, I'll need all the luck I can get..
26.gif

Shortee78: Thanks, how nice of you. They did have some pretty stuff...
18.gif

Iluvcarats: WOOOW! What a collection!
27.gif
...The Carl Blackburn one ilooks yummy...
27.gif

Angeline: YES! I've been eyeing it for quite some time,
7.gif
...It's soo pretty, I really do llike it alot, but at the same time Iäm thinking that I could get a honking 5-stone band for the same price, and still have some change left. I did however email Leon a couple of days ago about another piece, but he doesnät seem very responsive, he replied with the link to "rules of engagement"?...I just asked the approx price of an already made piece...However, I like the plain band You posted though, hmmm
27.gif
, Bf will need a band...
17.gif

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Love the wide bands!! I''m sure you''ll find something scrumptious and just "you." You mentioned probably getting a solitaire for your "wedding ring" as you are doing it backwards. One thing to consider is whether you will want to wear both rings on the same hand... If so, you might need to be careful about the size of the diamonds you get in your wider band as it would take a substantial solitaire rock to make the set look balanced (and not have the band detract from the solitaire). If you plan to wear the rings on separate hands, then there are no worries!!

Can''t wait to see what you decide on!

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 7:08:30 AM
Author: Peachy
Love the wide bands!! I''m sure you''ll find something scrumptious and just ''you.'' You mentioned probably getting a solitaire for your ''wedding ring'' as you are doing it backwards. One thing to consider is whether you will want to wear both rings on the same hand... If so, you might need to be careful about the size of the diamonds you get in your wider band as it would take a substantial solitaire rock to make the set look balanced (and not have the band detract from the solitaire). If you plan to wear the rings on separate hands, then there are no worries!!

Can''t wait to see what you decide on!
I''ve actually thought about that, and I donät think I''ll wear them together, I''m planning on convincing BF to get me a plain (or not, haha) thinner wedding band thatäll go with the solitaire, that way I''ll have a set, thatäs however a few yrs away....
11.gif
But thanks for the anyway!!
2.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another band I love. It was posted by a PSer...

baguette round 3row band 1.86ct H SI.jpg

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 2:05:22 PM
Here is another band I love. It was posted by a PSer...

Those bands are NICE! I like em!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies in advance. This pic was taken with my old camera (pre-Canon days)

It''s my 18K gold vintage repro right hand ring.

Mem Card L2 066.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s mine. It''s similar to shortie''s but with princess stones separated by baguettes in the middle.

cmsdiarhr05.JPG

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2008 4:38:44 AM
Author: Lill_The_Thrill

Date: 5/28/2008 2:10:09 PM
I also posted my wide bands in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/extra-wide-wedding-rings.84108/. I don't wear them like that though.
Thanks!...Your bands are very pretty, I especially like the all-pave one...yummy..
18.gif
What's the ctw on that boulder?
10.gif
Thanks
35.gif
. It's 2ct. I actually wear it only on special occasions because it's very blingy and attracts a lot of attention - not good on the subway! The ring with burnished diamonds is my everyday ring.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2008 9:33:22 AM
Author: gemgirl

Very pretty, gemgirl. You should do a separate thread for this beauty.

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 9:33:22 AM
Author: gemgirl

It looks verrry lovely, I agree with Baby monster, It should have it''s own thread...
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results