carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your solitaires please!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
lovely new additions!!!!

misskittycat|1390816664|3601925 said:
Arkie, I would love to send her to Victor but unfortunately I can't get it there. Apparently FedEx won't cover jewelery and Australia Post won't insure anything over $5000. Which kinda leaves me in a bad place. Any suggestions?

I am going to chat to my jeweller this week about it. I am mad for Anne_h's VC split shank halo. I love SB's Emilya. I adore Meg's ERD halo too. I also love Charmypoo's triple split shank 8 prong. I also love Kate Moss's Art Deco setting (which actually looks like a more solid version of Charmy's ring, but with four claws). Mr K is surprising drawn to haloes. We shall see what happens!!

all amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, options!!! i'm sure there is a jeweler in australia who could make something with any inspiration piece. lots of aussie's on PS, maybe you can ask around and see what their experiences have been if you haven't already?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie, I would love to send her to Victor but unfortunately I can't get it there. Apparently FedEx won't cover jewelery and Australia Post won't insure anything over $5000. Which kinda leaves me in a bad place. Any suggestions?

I am going to chat to my jeweller this week about it. I am mad for Anne_h's VC split shank halo. I love SB's Emilya. I adore Meg's ERD halo too. I also love Charmypoo's triple split shank 8 prong. I also love Kate Moss's Art Deco setting (which actually looks like a more solid version of Charmy's ring, but with four claws). Mr K is surprising drawn to haloes. We shall see what happens!!

misskittycat, I think your stone would look amazing in a split shank halo. I covet that in a big way too!! Can't wait to see what happens!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
sweetpea&babycorn|1390867696|3602358 said:
all amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, options!!! i'm sure there is a jeweler in australia who could make something with any inspiration piece. lots of aussie's on PS, maybe you can ask around and see what their experiences have been if you haven't already?

I have a really awesome jeweller. He has worked for Fairfax and Roberts here in Sydney. They make stunning pieces and he has made all of my jewelery in the past so I absolutely trust him. He'll give me an honest opinion as to whether he can make the ring with the beautiful pave how I want it. My engagement ring and my wedding band both have pave in them but they are bead set stones, not U cut pave like Victor uses. The pave is very solid and in the 7 years I have had my engagement ring I haven't lost a stone. I am seeing him on Thursday so will hopefully have something to report after then.

LLJsmom, I love the split shank too. It differentiates it halo from my engagement ring which is a Legacy repro. And on a large stone I like the graduation from the delicate bad to the halo. It just works.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-Blop we need some handshots of your ring! It looks beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hey, ON! Glad to see you add your beautiful ring here!

ballerina181

Rough_Rock
Wow! I am loving this thread. I just love solitaires! Everyone has beautiful rings =D I can't wait to have a solitaire of my own someday.
:appl:

refraction

Rough_Rock
Everyone has such beautiful solitaires. Just wanted to share mine too!

1ct F SI1 AVR, ring size 5.5

img_3460.jpg

img_3463.jpg

img_0954.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
refraction|1391151164|3604827 said:
Everyone has such beautiful solitaires. Just wanted to share mine too!

1ct F SI1 AVR, ring size 5.5

Beautiful! Is that a Sholdt Fremont?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep, MissyKittyCat same problem with mine. The only way to ship it to the US fully insured is with Brinks or Malca Almit. They both go out of Sydney and ship armoured car to armoured car fully insured. It's about $2500+ one way roughly. How uniform in shape is your stone ie what are the dimensions? Victor could in theory make you a halo like Anne's provided you have a symmetrical diamond. A non symmetrical one is a whole different kettle of fish. I've not seen anyone here even come close to Victor's pave (I have a pave halo of his as well) so it might be worth the effort if you are fussy.

Gosh Elysian you AVR is amazing!!!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
It is good to be lurking here again, DS. I saw your Beaudry collection...just beautiful. :love:

(Sorry for the threadjack, all).

I am enjoying all of these pictures immensely. Keep them coming! :appl:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1391177660|3604915 said:

Yep, MissyKittyCat same problem with mine. The only way to ship it to the US fully insured is with Brinks or Malca Almit. They both go out of Sydney and ship armoured car to armoured car fully insured. It's about $2500+ one way roughly. How uniform in shape is your stone ie what are the dimensions? Victor could in theory make you a halo like Anne's provided you have a symmetrical diamond. A non symmetrical one is a whole different kettle of fish. I've not seen anyone here even come close to Victor's pave (I have a pave halo of his as well) so it might be worth the effort if you are fussy.

It's not overly symmetrical, I'm afraid. She has a bit of a cushiony outline which makes building a setting without her very difficult. She is 10.21 x 9.71mm. Honestly? I could fly the stone to Victor myself for less than the shipping price. Plus my jeweller is making the setting for her for marginally more than the shipping cost (melee included). He is a stickler for detail and whilst it may not be a VC setting it will be pretty darn close which is fine by me. I am happy with everything else he has made me so I can't see why I wouldn't be happy with this one. It will be 4-5 weeks. In the end we opted for the split shank halo with a floral basket to differentiate it from my engagement ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi MissKittyCat,

I understand all of that completely. I was faced with many of the same issues especially the slightly wonky but none the less endearing cushion shaped OEC, your stone and mine have a fairly similar shape.... I actually freaked at the thought of sending the stone over there and it possibly getting lost stolen and or ruined as well because I was thinking of shipping it to Adam to do the girdle for me. I had two botched attempts at setting mine that didn't work out so I don't recommend doing it from a distance with a non symmetrical diamond. You will have to tell me the name of your jeweller I am always on the look out for good ones here and I always have people asking me as well. Hopefully it will be your dream setting this time around!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
These are my two solitaires. The platinum one is Mark Morrell .61 AVR D SI2. The yellow gold one is Vatche U113 .56 AVR H VVS2. The solitaire is a style I have found that suits me best. My finger size is 4 and the area between my hand and first knuckle is small. Two rings - I love platinum but CANNOT give up yellow gold, it's part of my era and my DH and best friend love it too!

_14444.jpg

_14445.jpg

_14446.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1391341951|3606338 said:
These are my two solitaires. The platinum one is Mark Morrell .61 AVR D SI2. The yellow gold one is Vatche U113 .56 AVR H VVS2. The solitaire is a style I have found that suits me best. My finger size is 4 and the area between my hand and first knuckle is small. Two rings - I love platinum but CANNOT give up yellow gold, it's part of my era and my DH and best friend love it too!

I have never seen your wedding sets before polished, they are beautiful! You have solved the age-old problem of what metal to go with - just get both! :D You are a wise woman - your rings look really lovely on you!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks junebug - I've decided posting your jewelery here is an act of courage given the gorgeous creations we see. I adore these two sets! If I was forced to choose I'd get rid of the platinum set but it would fair break my heart. My only dilemma is whether to someday go larger with the diamond on the yellow gold ring. The prongs on the Mark Morrell look overwhelming for the size of the stone in the pics but in real life they are tiny. I love the shape they create.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel 14k rose gold diamond RHR (with my sapphire ering) :)

left.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine - all on a size 4.75 finger

0.74ct D SI1 sbf RB

1.04ct J VS1 EC

1.43ct G SI1 AVC

img_3761.jpg

img_3762.jpg

img_3765.jpg

redroze

Shiny_Rock
OCgirl|1390273823|3597399 said:
Coming out of lurkdom to join this awesome solitaire-fest. I heart solitaires!

Brian Gavin Blue 1.22 ct G color, medium blue fluor. Size 4.25
Yay someone with my ring size and close to my future diamond's size!!! (1.33) and it looks stunning on you!

As for the comments about DSS... I wonder if it's all these close up pics of hands and rings? Scrutinizing anything that closely is sure to give anyone anxiety. I came across a photo of someone who owns a big diamond ring, and seeing it relative to her entire body just put it all in perspective. The ring is beautiful but represents a mere tiny percentage of her overall look.

By far this is my favourite thread on Pricescope. There's something so beautiful about a simple band of gold with a sparkly diamond in it!

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
Polished|1391654605|3608927 said:
Thanks junebug - I've decided posting your jewelery here is an act of courage given the gorgeous creations we see. I adore these two sets! If I was forced to choose I'd get rid of the platinum set but it would fair break my heart. My only dilemma is whether to someday go larger with the diamond on the yellow gold ring. The prongs on the Mark Morrell look overwhelming for the size of the stone in the pics but in real life they are tiny. I love the shape they create.

Polished, I never really clicked with the MM setting until i saw your ring. Now I love it, especially the shape of the stone that these prongs create. I looked at his website and too bad logistics is too difficult for me to get that setting, I dont think any diamond setter here in Oz can shape the prongs the way Mark could. Anyway, I love both of your sets :love: !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results