shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG meets Steven Kirsch - 3 times! AVC, MRB and an Asscher!!

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Sooooo, I've been a terrible p'ser :oops:

I've been holding out for nearly 6 months without posting these - I just don't know where the time has gone! Anyway, I won't bore you all with the intricate details but suffice to say, these 3 projects are the culmination of several years worth of coveting, picture storing and eBay selling to clear out the jewellery box and justify purchasing these.

All stones came from GOG and were set by Steven Kirsch. Both were a dream to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for a second.

Ring 1 - 1.69 I SI1 AVC http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10811/

Both this and the asscher (to follow) are RHRs. I know they are both similar and I know they look like ERs but you know what? I really don't care! I love halos but both my husband and I wanted a classic solitaire for my ER so this was my compromise and present to myself.

The stone is totally eyeclean and wow, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with an AVC but this just blew me away when I saw it. Steven's work is also out if this world. I wasn't sure if the 2nd row of pave around the edge would make the ring too bulky. Steven assured me it wouldn't and boy he was right. 6months on I still find myself gazing at his handy work in disbelief.

Sorry the pics aren't the best, will try and get some better ones in the coming days. More pics + Rings 2 and 3 to follow shortly.......

_13799.jpg

_13800.jpg

_13801.jpg

_13802.jpg

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Re: GOG meets Steven Kirsch - 3 times! AVC, MRB and an Assch

wowowow!!! THREE?! LUCKY YOU!! The pics you posted so far are GORGEOUS - SK really is awesome! Looking forward to your other pics :appl: :appl:

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

Arrrgh! Crashed! Try again:

Having rotation issues with the pics so sorry about that!

_13805.jpg

_13806.jpg

_13807.jpg

_13808.jpg

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

Ok, ring 2:

1.35ct K VVS1 asscher http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10272/

This one was a little bit of an accident :naughty: I spent about 8 months stalking the GOG website and Jons videos waiting for the right AVC to come up. I've always loved stepcuts but was put off by the effort required to find a well performing one. This stone was brought in along with another for a p'ser and i happened to stumble across it. The fact that it was a K made the price very appealing and it just spoke to me from the video. It wasn't a rational purchase as I knew I was reducing my AVC budget but I've no regrets at all. The plan was to go for a temp setting but a few factors came together at the right time and I decided to go for my dream setting straight off.

I know it's similar to the AVC ring but in person there is a world of difference and I don't regret going for two halos for a second. The 3 sided pave is just unbelievable and Steven has managed to fit pave into the most impossible spaces.

I love the ivory white of the K but in fact it is rarely noticeable. When it is I just think it gives a lovely vintage quality which suits the Art Deco feel of step cuts. I know it's not to everyone's taste but honestly, If anyone has any hesitation about putting a K in a halo - just do it!

_13809.jpg

_13810.jpg

_13811.jpg

_13812.jpg

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

A few more piccies:

_13814.jpg

_13816.jpg

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

One more:

_13818.jpg

badabling

Shiny_Rock

You are so lucky to have not one but two beautiful rings!!! They're both gorgeous. :love:

badabling

Shiny_Rock

Wait....you got three rings!!! Ok.....I die!! I'm beyond jealous now!

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

Nearly there!

Ring 3 - 1.61ct H SI2 H&A http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10309/

We'd talked about an upgrade at some point but I didn't really expect it to happen for another couple of years (our 10yr anniversary). However, with all my work on these 2 projects I had a bit of diamond fever and I think some of it rubbed off on my better half! Again, a few factors combined to put us in a slightly better financial position than we'd been expecting and as long as I stayed within a sensible budget, I got the green light to speak to Jonathan about an upgrade.

SI2s are definitely my sweet spot and while I was initially set on staying in the F-G range, we spotted this one and it made so much sense. Jon was also convinced it was a very high H and took pics of it against several other G/F stones he had in stock. I had to agree with him and when I saw it in person I knew it was the right choice. Again, totally eyeclean with some really cool twining wisps which I can only find in the right lighting conditions.

Steven did an equally amazing job on this setting. I wanted to combine an open 'V' shaped gallery with double prongs and he got it spot on.

_13819.jpg

_13820.jpg

_13821.jpg

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

Last ones! Will really try and get some better shots over the coming days.

Thanks for looking and thanks to everyone on pricescope who had shared their experiences and led me to these two vendors!

_13822.jpg

_13823.jpg

_13824.jpg

_13825.jpg

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Puppy4248 and Badabling!

These projects are about 5 years in the making, I feel unbelievably lucky to be able to own and wear these. There are still MANY more spectacular rings on Pricescope that I'd love to own versions of one day - but these are mine and I LOVE them :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beautifully balanced and impressive collection!!! All three rings are stunning and the stones mesmerizing :love:
I am really happy for you. I am sure to hang around for more photo's to admire :wavey:

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

I'm in awe. For the record, I don't think your halo rings look like E rings. They make perfect RHRs. How do you decide which to wear?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG--I'm in love w/ all of your rings! :love: They are all equally stunning! :sun:

So which ring is your ER and which one is usually worn as your RHR--I'd have a hard time choosing! I do think halos make perfect RHR's, though!

This is definitely one of my favorite PS threads now!!! Thanks for taking the time to start one on all of your lovely rings! I look forward to more pics! :appl:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

They are all lovely. My favourite is the asscher.

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

Thank you so much for your kind comments :)

Braga123 and mom2boys - the solitaire is my ER, my hands are different sizes (ER is size 5.25 and the 2 halos size 6) so I can't really swop them over very easily. Between the 2 RHRs I alternative them daily - literally! I thought I might gravitate to one over the other but I really don't. When the next morning comes round I'm really excited I get to wear the other one!

CharmyPoo - thanks! Your ring is outstanding btw, just when I thought I'd scratched my big diamond itches with these rings you've now made me desperate for an OEC. Steven is just the best, the man is a genius and such a pleasure to work with.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Blingasm! :o

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely, amazing rings!! These are amazing. I need to come back and spend more time oogling these beauties. Congratulations! What a blingfest. I can't even imagine what it must be like to own such a beautiful collection. :love: :love: :love:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, you've accumulated three amazing rings :love: :appl: Thanks for sharing them with us.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! I feel a little green eyed! They are ALL beautiful! Congratulations on such a stunning collection!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful rings!!!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock

:lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

this is magnificent! the setting is to die for.. halos are nice.. but we are all different and I tend to go for straight line work so your new engagement ring is my first fave.. (can we have 3 firsts :).. all 3 RINGS.. they are stupendous!...a dream come true.. (want to send that young hubby my way ;-) really besides stunning, cool. BLinGY BliNGY!!! they are classic rings.. charming.. and in 30 years they will still be IN.. congratulations.. your taste is impeccable.

regards...

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

sparkleaddict|1390022755|3595241 said:
Last ones! Will really try and get some better shots over the coming days.

Thanks for looking and thanks to everyone on pricescope who had shared their experiences and led me to these two vendors!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gosh they are all AMAZING :o I am totally in love with the Asscher halo - the pave is magnificent!!!!! And your solitaire kicks butt as well!!!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

MY MY MY to the 3rd power :love: :appl:

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock

Love love love!!!!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock

I loooove your style!!!! Blinging out both hands :appl: All 3 rings are just beautiful,I'm going to have to show my husband that a girl can't have just 1 diamond ring!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

First of all, you are a very bad PSer to be posting the beauties so late! :naughty:

But WOW, THREE????!!!!! Gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: And, my favorite three shapes (except I am an AVR fan for a round!)!!! I am behind you, though, because I don't have an AVC yet!

I am happy to see the asscher setting, because I eventually want to set something in a milgrain edge setting. SK did a beautiful job on all of your settings! :appl:

What size are your ring fingers, just for perspective? All of the rings look large on your hand!

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock

With those lovely rings to choose from I'm sure you will never get bored! They are all beautiful and different but the setting for the asscher is really exceptional.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Goodness! How gorgeous!

I would love to know the timeline... when did you get each beauty?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results