shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your radiant square halo ring-Help me decide Halo lovers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
I will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary. My husband wants to buy me a ring.
30.gif

I have been looking and I am in information overload
33.gif

I really like the radiant square diamond. I was looking for 1.5ct size with a pave halo and possiblly side diamonds with intricate engraving on the sides of the shank and on the prongs(antique look without alot of fancy smancy) Also, 5-6 diamonds on top of the shank. WG setting. I want simple, classic bling. Will the side diamonds be too much! We have someone locally who can custom make my ring, but I have not come to a decision about size of center stone and setting yet. Our budget is approx. 11,000 Is this impossible?
Can I get a big bling look using a smaller center stone? My ring size is 7 3/4. My fingers are med-long
and I am not a petite person.
2.gif

My current ring is a .75 pear with 3 taperd baguettes on each side set in YG.(about a 1.25ctw) A classic for 1983.

Thanks for your help.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, your future ring design sounds extremely similar to my e-ring! I have a 1.5 carat radiant center stone that is pretty square-a 1.1 length to width ratio. There are two tapered baguette side stones, .2 carats each. Then I have 3 sided pave 3/4 of the way down the shank. Whiteflash.com sourced my center stone for me and custom made my setting. However, mine''s a bit more modern, with no engraving or milgrain. Here is a photo Whiteflash took of my ring before they sent it to me:

dfjkasdjfasdl.jpg

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring! Great looking modern halo.

Do you mind if I ask--- am I in the ballpark with my budget for a custom halo with a 1ct. to 1.5ct center stone?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always thought KTiceRN''s ring was well suited to a square radiant and it sounds right up your alley. And now there''s a concave cut yellow sapphire set in there, and I like it much better than the asscher in that ring. Ring was made by Whiteflash.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-me-pick-a-colored-gem.56602/

Other food for thought:

Can be set with a Radiant:

http://engagementringsdirect.com/jewerly/Antique-Engagement-Rings/Antique-Engagement-Rings/10139

I also like this Vatche -- very Art Deco for a square radiant.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Antique-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-by-Vatche-1206.html

I would look at any princess and asscher halos on here that you like, and go with that. A square radiant will work with just about any of them.

Here''s a thread with a ton of halos.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-rings-with-halos.27882/

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 2:11:44 AM
Author: happyscrapper40
What a lovely ring! Great looking modern halo.

Do you mind if I ask--- am I in the ballpark with my budget for a custom halo with a 1ct. to 1.5ct center stone?

Not at all-you''re actually pretty much exactly in the ballpark for the whole shebang! My radiant is a GIA certed 1.51 G/SI1. I got the ring in March so I doubt prices have changed much. One thing to point out is that my setting is 14k white gold-platinum will be considerably more, I''m sure. Oops, just saw that you want WG-so nevermind!

Also, I would be hesitant to go local unless you can check out a portfolio with a lot of similar designs done by your local jeweler. I just think an intricate design like a pave halo could easily get messed up if a jeweler wasn''t experienced in it.

If you decide to not go local, there are plenty of great vendors to choose from that are highly recommended here on PS. I was extremely happy with Whiteflash and of course I recommend them wholeheartedly! Sheerah was (and still is!) my sales rep and she''s great! Also, WF recently did a halo in a much more vintage style but I can''t remember who the user who got it made was. Maybe search Whiteflash radiant ring or something?

Others with great halo rings I can think of have gotten them made at Engagementringsdirect.com and Questjewelers.com. And there are some GORGEOUS halos on PS made by the master of pave, Leon Mege-www.artofplatinum.com. (I should point out that Leon''s settings are definitely a lot more $ than settings from the others would be!)

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m SUCH a dork.

Beverly K. Has a TON of setting that would give you the exact look you want. High quality designer, but affordable.

I''m exhausted tonight. But I''ll post some pics tomorrow. Pearlmans carries them but he doesn''t the three settings I''m thinking of up on his site.

I''ve got pics... will post, just... not ... right ... now. Tired. ''Nightt.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning.

Here ya go.

Very affordable (especially in 18K!) Beverly K and the one I was seriously considering for my asscher. It's just a stunning setting. And Pearlman's has the best price on it around, plus Bill's a doll, and the service is impecable! The setting can accomodate a cut cornered square, special order, either bezel or prong set.

r689.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beverly%20K%20EC%20halo.jpg

Very lovely also affordable (I''ve checked this one out too for my asscher) in 18K, and it can be made for a cut cornered square stone. Special order. Pearlmans.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ANother lovely affordable Beverly K.

Bev K for cut cornered square.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m almost positive this is the same setting as above only set with a stone so you can see it''s proportions.

Bev K for cutcornered square set.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um and since your project has caught my eye:

Here's a lovely square radiant 1.5 carats. It's a little deep. But the pics and scopes of it are just perfect!! H color and it looks like it has a fabulous chance of being eye clean. With one of the Beverly K settings in 18K... your looking at UNDER budget. 7K plus about 1,800 (that's estimating high) brings you to under 9K for the ring. And enough for a matching pave band from Beverly K.
11.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2426/

This radiant is SLIGHTLY bigger in terms of spread, has higher color and clarity but would put you over budget with a setting:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2628/

Personally I'd got for the H if eyeclean, and get it set in the first Beverly K I posted. AND then I'd get a matching band.
27.gif

No hassle with custom work, and from a designer with stunning settings.

Also Bill Pearlman will, sometimes send out settings to people on Memo so that they can see the setting and decide if it's right for them. IF you are a serious buyer AND seriously considering one of the settings I posted for you, it would not hurt to call and ask.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Gypsy! Alot of good information to consider. I went today to a few local jewlry stores and tried on a few halo type rings. Some of the halos are very tiny. I guess I have been looking at all of these rings on PS that are enlarged. Wow! talk about shrinkage! LOL
6.gif

I''m off to do more research. Thanks for all the research info and for letting me know there are alot of very nice settings out there in my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results