shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Great photo, NacreLover. I remember looking at those pearls. That's my toe peeking from under my purple sarong.

This is my Sea of Cortez acquisition this year. One of the ten "erotochromic" Sea of Cortez mabe. Mine is the small blue one on the left in this photo.

SoC Mabes.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo, Fly girl. I didn't know you picked up another Mabe`. I was busy taking photos and missed the pearls at the Cortez pearls until the group had dissipated. Is the same person going to work on this one who did your others?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I'm new here, been only around the CS forum but now got some new pretties that fit here!
View media item 122350View media item 122351
Never owned pearls before and decided to go with a classic pair of 6.5 mm and a smaller 3.5 mm freshwater studs from Pearlescence, UK.
The amazing pendant came as a gift with my second order and I am not exaggerating, this was the best customer service experience ever!

View media item 122352
The photos don't do them justice, don't show the iridescence and overtones.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
I'm new here, been only around the CS forum but now got some new pretties that fit here!
View media item 122350View media item 122351
Never owned pearls before and decided to go with a classic pair of 6.5 mm and a smaller 3.5 mm freshwater studs from Pearlescence, UK.
The amazing pendant came as a gift with my second order and I am not exaggerating, this was the best customer service experience ever!

View media item 122352
The photos don't do them justice, don't show the iridescence and overtones.

Photos please!!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Photos please!!
You mean more photos :)
Had some trouble posting these three photos, hope they are visible (they are to me).

Oh no, just logged out and I cannot see the photos anymore. I have no idea how to post photos since the forum changed.....

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
earrings1small.jpg
A photos of all 3 pairs, IRL they look even better.
Small ones are 3.5 mm and bigger ones are 6.5 mm.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous Gloria!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Siameseroo! I love them, the quality is amazing. Before seeing proper pearls on this forum, pearls never interested me.
I'm still trying to figure out what I really like, colours, overtones, shapes. I think white ones stand out best against pale skin.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo, Fly girl. I didn't know you picked up another Mabe`. I was busy taking photos and missed the pearls at the Cortez pearls until the group had dissipated. Is the same person going to work on this one who did your others?

Yes, designer Soren at T Lee in Minneapolis will be making my SoC ring. He designed my other SoC mabe pieces as well. The plan is for a ring with a half-circle of tsavorites set in 18kt yellow gold. Hopefully, the entire rainbow will be visible after the mabe has been set.

20170804_115020.jpg

20170804_115823.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
That should be a great new piece for your Sea of Cortez collection FlyGirl. I can't wait to see it in person at the next ruckus. Please post the completed photo here, so we can see it. That mabe is amazing

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fantastic Mabe, Fly Girl! Surreal colours, never ever seen anything like that before. Will the Tsavorites be close to the pearl or there will be a space left like with the other pendant?

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous SOC mabe Flygirl. Can't wait to see the finished result.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Judging by the blue seats and the orange signage, I'm going to go with Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.

Lovely mabes.

SYuhasz

Rough_Rock
Judging by the blue seats and the orange signage, I'm going to go with Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.

Lovely mabes.

Thanks for the compliment on my pearls! Not Miami, although when I was much younger I was a Dolphin Doll and performed halftime at the Orange Bowl, but in this pic I'm at Camden Yards.

SYuhasz

Rough_Rock
Stacie BW Pearls PUENTE 300   1_pp.jpg Matt onyx and white freshwater pearls. Want to see them up close?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That should be a great new piece for your Sea of Cortez collection FlyGirl. I can't wait to see it in person at the next ruckus. Please post the completed photo here, so we can see it. That mabe is amazing

Thank you, NacreLover, Gloria27, and Mukti.

Here is my completed Sea of Cortez ring, set in 18kt yellow gold. And, a shot of the entire Sea of Cortez set. All from T Lee in Minneapolis.

20170928_150954.jpg

20170928_153610.jpg

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, NacreLover, Gloria27, and Mukti.

Here is my completed Sea of Cortez ring, set in 18kt yellow gold. And, a shot of the entire Sea of Cortez set. All from T Lee in Minneapolis.

20170928_150954.jpg

20170928_153610.jpg

FlyGirl, what a gorgeous collection! :love: That ring turned out to be a stunner.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is a stunning ring Red !!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well I can't find the Edit button so I'm double posting ! I meant to comment on your whole collection but was interrupted by an insistent dog.. Red your SoC collection is truly beautiful - I love the Mabe SoC and one of these days I'm going to order one ! Your pendant remains one of my all time favourites and I thought the colour was amazing ..and it is..but boy that RING !!!!!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well I can't find the Edit button so I'm double posting ! I meant to comment on your whole collection but was interrupted by an insistent dog.. Red your SoC collection is truly beautiful - I love the Mabe SoC and one of these days I'm going to order one ! Your pendant remains one of my all time favourites and I thought the colour was amazing ..and it is..but boy that RING !!!!!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I bought. 4 mm wild Sea of Cortez for the octopus body. It's cherry a with a green halo.
IMG_8998.JPG
18619986_1615379848496139_1007238745567447396_n.jpg

I've missed months of posts...that SoC is AMAZING - The colour is just WOW ! And how sweet that its just 4mm - boy it really packs a punch for such a little guy !!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I bought. 4 mm wild Sea of Cortez for the octopus body. It's cherry a with a green halo.
IMG_8998.JPG
18619986_1615379848496139_1007238745567447396_n.jpg

I've missed months of posts...that SoC is AMAZING - The colour is just WOW ! And how sweet that its just 4mm - boy it really packs a punch for such a little guy !!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
These are my own new pearls - 9-9.5 mirror metallic round natural white freshwaters.
naturals 1.JPG 21in necklace and 9.5 matched studs. Pearls bought by me on last trip to HK. I never thought I would fall for white round pearls (I mean, how boring and twin set are they?) but I started to fall in love with them the minute I saw them. They look a bit egg shaped in this photo but are 8 way rollers each one
Each one was personally selected by the head of the Cultured Pearl assoc of Hong Kong. (who didn't know he was assembling something for me until he looked up and saw the puddle of drool)
Because they are natural whites there are subtle overtone shading differences. And the lustre is so incredible that when I was stringing them I could see myself perfectly in each one.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning necklace! Looks great on you!

Last edited:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those are some fabulous pearls Wendy :love:!!!!!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I landed a great coupon when Pearl Paradise had their surprise coupon wheel on the site a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't resist using it. It got a pair of metallic freshwater drop earrings on 14k YG French wire hooks. The earrings are sold as "7.0-8.0 mm," and as best as I can measure, my pair is about 8.0 x 10.0 mm. They're a great everyday size (and close enough to my earlobes to be out of reach of baby hands!).

The luster on these babies is amazing! I have an Akoya choker from another online retailer, and these metallic freshwaters from PP are leaps and bounds more lustrous than the Akoyas I have (in the second photo, where I shaded the direct light with my hand, you can clearly make out my hand holding my cellphone!).

I'm definitely drooling over future purchases from them now, dangit :lol:

IMG_5701.JPG IMG_5703.JPG IMG_5708.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results