shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your MARK MORRELL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I was set on a Leon solitaire...until I heard about the amazing work of Mark Morrell. I''ve seen some of the MM threads/photos and thought it would be nice to have them all in one thread. So, if you have a ring by him, please post it~

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
i found more, posted by Butterfly17, on anohter thread

mm black pearl.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
another

mm leo2.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
i like the thin band on this pear :)

mm pear.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
surely there are more...MM ladies...come out come out wherever you are
21.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock

Quash

Rough_Rock
Here's a .97 carat (6.42mm) SI1 G AGS0 Mark Morrell Flame, size 5.25, 2.7mm width shank. Diamond from GOG, appraised at Dave Atlas' AGA by Chris, picked up in nyc the first weekend of December. These shots are the ones Mark took. The attached link has more shots; scroll down in the linked thread to see pics of the matching wedding band he made.

In person, the Flame band is very delicate, the heart prongs are not really noticeable unless you know what you're look for and are looking very closely, the side prongs leave much of the diamond exposed to light and the six .01 hidden diamonds are truly hidden and only noticeable to you, creating a ring that looks very simple and clean to the onlooker at a normal distance but revealing a finely detailed piece of craftsmanship upon closer inspection.

As I've noted elsewhere, to get a true sense of the proportions for this ring and others, download the Image Zoom extension for Firefox and then right-click on the thumbnails of the setting pics on Mark's site and reduce them in size on your monitor to the size of the diamond's width in mm, using a rule to measure (the Flame on Mark's site is 6.5mm 1 carat, for example). Then, you'll get a better sense of what you'll see when you open the package when your ring arrives. His work is lovely on his site but truly breathtaking in person, with fine, subtle detailing balanced with simplicity. A true artist, imho.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-flame-gog-diamond-atlas-appraisal-pt-3-the-pics.71313/

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_018s.JPG

mate%20band%20with%20Flame%20setting003s.JPG

mate%20band%20with%20Flame%20setting007s.JPG

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_011s.JPG

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_016s.JPG

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_007s.JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info Quash! Your ring is stunning!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 4:15:02 PM
Author:mintve
I was set on a Leon solitaire...until I heard about the amazing work of Mark Morrell. I've seen some of the MM threads/photos and thought it would be nice to have them all in one thread. So, if you have a ring by him, please post it~

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eightstar-mark-morrell-and-marty-haske.12865/

Here is my sister in law's ring. Mark designed matching ring guards for it and it's very beautiful. We had him do a european shank so it wouldn't spin.

Mark014s (Small).jpg

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Side view of european shank.

Mark004s (Small).jpg

sun*flower

Rough_Rock
Here is my Mark Morrell bezel set, I just love it!

MM Bezel.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunflower,
That MM bezel is just too beautiful for words.
30.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
sunflower-

That is stunning!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought i would bump this for any recent additons, since we''ve had lots of holidays engagements
9.gif

anyjackie

Rough_Rock
Here's mine!

Jackie_1-44ct_Sz4.75_012s.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Quash, is that your set? It is SIMPLY DIVINE. That's my dream set, right there. I'm scared to ring up and ask Mark what his prices are because I'm so afraid they will be completely out of my reach, but if I could have any wedding set, that would be it. Perfect in every way.

I came across this lovely eternity band (here on PS, in an old eternity band thread) done by Mark. Definitely wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
2.gif

MarkMorrellHeartProngs0012.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I''m not normally a bezel-girl, but this is just beautiful.

markmorrellsemibezel.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Can''t get the photos to copy for some reason, but this ring is gorgeous too! (Sorry, can''t to the link you click on w/my Mac in Firefox for some reason): http://www.mwmjewelry.com/January-05/slides/Andy-T-CP-001.html

Call me a sentimental old fool, but I just adore that with these photos on his website, Mark has these personal messages up to the people with whom he''s done business. Not only wishing them well, but remembering personal details about their lives, and calling the ring "our ring," which I also think is sweet.
1.gif

Hmm. I might have a crush on Mark Morrell.
40.gif
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hee! I''ve been DROOLING over Jade Leaves'' set on Mark Morrell''s website for the last few months without realizing it belonged to one of us--should have known it went to a PSer! I love MWM''s work--I keep "accidentally" leaving the website open for the bf to see.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results