shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell Flame, GOG Diamond, Atlas Appraisal, Pt.3 THE PICS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Quash

Rough_Rock
In Mark Morrell to set in his Flame setting.

In Pt. 2 - Cut Nuts Attack, I posted all the details about the diamond.

In this post, Pt. 3, I'm posting pics of the completed project. Mark has just finished the ring and sent pictures. I'm really very pleased with how it turned out. I think Mark does exquisite work and is a true artist. Katie, who assists him, is also a pleasure to deal with. Here are 8 pics. Too many? Too big? Mark is now doing a matching wedding band, identical to the shank of the Flame. Simple and clean. This should be ready within a couple of weeks. If people are interested, I'll post pics of that with the Flame, when Mark sends them. Then, if you're still interested, I'll post pics of the Flame on my soon-to-be-fiance's finger and other live shots, if people want.

But, let's start with the 8 pics Mark just sent. The diamond is a .973 AGS0, SI1 eye-clean, G. Diamond is about 6.41mm wide. The width of the Flame band is about 2.6mm. Size 5.25. Six hidden diamonds are tiny .012.

For those who like pics, they may find it useful to download the Image Zoom extension for Firefox . This extension allows you to right-click on the pic and increase/decrease pic sizes. This was especially helpful in looking at diamonds and rings. Everything is so blown up in these pics that you can be overwhelmed by the details and even find them too much, in some cases. It's only when you shrink them down and take a ruler to the screen or print out and measure the width of the diamond, to ensure you have the right proportions, do you realize how slight and fragile this ring and others really are.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Quash

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pic 1/8

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_003s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pic 2/8

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_005s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pic 3/8

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_007s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pic 4/8

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_011s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pic 5/8

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_013s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pic 6/8

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_016s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pic 7/8 - My Favourite Pic!

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_018s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pic 8/8. Hope you enjoyed!!!

1ct-G-SI1-AGS0_MWM_Flame-w-6diam_sz525_020s.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did enjoy, it is gorgeous!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 4:38:45 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I did enjoy, it is gorgeous!
Me too, lovely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! I will look forward to seeing hand shots to have a more realistic perspective!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL RING!!!! MM is a master.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m green with envy, it''s beautiful!

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
AWESOME!

I''m also waiting on an MWM flame - expecting to see pics any day now (been 6 weeks in the making now). I also have a large thread lined up to detail my (very) long journey of education to purchase.

Congratulations!

Quash

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments. I, too, am looking forward to seeing it live. I''ll be sure to take some live pics of it on my gf''s hand in real light conditions and post here. Should I do it in this thread or is it better for PS''ers to post more pics in a new thread? As well, it looks like Mark has finished the very simple wedding band, so I''ll post pics of that very soon, if people are interested in seeing pics of the Flame ring with its wedding band mate.

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
wow. its incredibly beautiful

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that setting! Yes, please post the handshots when you can (just adding them to this thread is good
1.gif
)

Great choice
3.gif

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Mark''s work is incredible!!

You done good!!!!!

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
Oooh....so silky and beautiful. That is going to look fantastic on your hand. I can''t wait to see handshots, and the completed set. You must post pictures as soon as their available!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous. Mark Morrell is a metals'' genius but we need hand pics woman, hand pics!

Quash

Rough_Rock
Well, there will be no hand pics of the ring on my hands, since I''m the one who is getting it for my soon-to-be-fiance. :) It wouldn''t be a pleasant experience for any of you to see even the loveliest of rings on my hands. ;-) This has been a secret project in the works for awhile. My girlfriend won''t get the rings, nor will I see them, until the beginning of December, when we''re in NYC, where I plan to propose. So, hand pics then, I promise.

In the interim, Mark has just finished the wedding band mate and sent along pics of both. It''s a simple band, identical to the shank of the Flame. I will post those pics very soon in this thread, if people are interested.

Thanks for the kind comments, so far. I can''t wait to see these rings live.

Quash

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I''m so sorry to get all mushy on you, but everytime I see one of these posts where the man has obviously put so much work into getting the perfect stone, the perfect setting, has done hundreds of hours of research and has gone through the painstaking process of creating a ring he knows his gf will love...well, it just makes me swoon!

The ring is absolutely perfect, the stone you chose is amazing and I have absolutely no doubt she will love it and love YOU for putting so much work into it!

The fact that you already have the proposal worked out and have done all of this without her knowing is a bonus!! JOB WELL DONE! I can''t wait for Part 4 of this well-organized saga--HAND SHOTS! :)

(I accidently posted this in part 2 under rocky talky! Sorry!)

Quash

Rough_Rock
Here are the pics of the wedding band with engagement ring. They are size 5.25. Rings are about 2.6mm wide. Diamond .97 carat. I'll preface it by saying I was very, very reluctant to do the wedding band without my girlfriend. But, if I wanted a matched band by Mark, given our timelines and knowing that we're in Canada and picking up the rings in NYC, this was the only way to do it.

I actually know what my girlfiend (she hates being called a "girlfiend" - see Part 1) wanted for a wedding band (and she knows me getting a set may be a possibility). She wanted a knife edge (Mark prefers "parallel edge") platinum band identical to the of shank the engagement ring. Simple and clean. Mark had sent me mock-ups that created an indent in the band (one with a half diamond pave and one without) so it would be fitted to the Flame basket. I know my girlfriend doesn't like that fitted style and would prefer a purely symmetrical band, even if it can't rest against snugly against the basket, given it's a low six-prong basket. I hope she likes it.

Quash

mate band with Flame setting003s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
2/7

mate band with Flame setting004s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
3/7

mate band with Flame setting006s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
4/7

mate band with Flame setting007s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
5/7

mate band with Flame setting008s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
6/7

mate band with Flame setting009s.JPG

Quash

Rough_Rock
7/7.

mate band with Flame setting010s.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results