shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Julia Kay Taylor pieces!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katebar''s key (with her kid''s initials) and two tone dome ring

jlkeyfa8.gif
jlkeyf6.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know if JKT works in wgite gold as well, or is her preference silver? Also does she take responsibility/insure the stones when they are in her possession?

I lover her bezel designs!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, she works in yellow, white, and rose gold. And silver of course. I don''t know about the insurance thing though as the value of the stones I sent were never that high.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 6:32:07 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Does anyone know if JKT works in wgite gold as well, or is her preference silver? Also does she take responsibility/insure the stones when they are in her possession?

I lover her bezel designs!

Hi DD,
Julia works in all metals, and has just started offering plat. But I know her preference as far as WG is definitely toward Argentium silver, for both workability and aesthetic reasons. I tend to agree with these reasons. That''s not to say she won''t do WG if that''s your preference, but apparently sterling is alot easier to manipulate - WG can be brittle, etc.

As to the insurance, I can''t speak for her - but I imagine the policy would be the same as any other custom vendor - no liability, unless it''s their own stones.
She is a small one-woman operation, and it''s true that not even large houses like WF (for example) can get (or don''t want to get, I''m not sure which it is) insurance for gems that are not theirs, so that would be my reasoning on it.

That said, she is a very fair minded, honest and personable woman - I''m sure if you made an enquiry, and had some real concerns, she could give you a straight answer.

She is very skilled - I don''t have any concerns sending her my gems to be set.

hth!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more keys!

Here's Loriken's with a little heart shaped tourmaline, and the initials LK.

LORIFINALKEYPENDANT.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jmtomaui''s with the initials J & JM
1C%20Done.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
My pieces are done and shipping to me today!!! WOOHOO!!! Here are Julia''s pics:

First up, my "FDL" key with mine and hubby''s initials, TT, on the side:

keyjktsilver556.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
My long awaited pink tourmaline ring. Set in Argenium silver with rose gold bezel and rose gold swirls!

pinkiejkt2250.jpg

metromom

Shiny_Rock
and from the side. Have to show off those swirls!!

pinkjkt77898.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 10:23:39 AM
Author: metromom
and from the side. Have to show off those swirls!!
30.gif
30.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love all of these and can''t wait for mine to be made!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Julia key pendant....received it today and I love it!
30.gif

Lori

JULIAKEYPENDANT5.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
One more.
30.gif

Lori

JULIAKEYPENDANT6.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is Charlotte....my spider ring that Julia custom made for me!
30.gif

Lori

JULIACHARLOTTERING1.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
She has tiny black diamonds for her eyes and one more on her abdomen.
30.gif

Lori

JULIACHARLOTTERING3.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
One more.

Lori

KEYPENDANTCLOSEUP1.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Last one.

Lori

KEYPENDANTCLOSEUP2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that key is really gorgeous Lori.
36.gif
your spider ring aslo looks adorable!

-A

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Lori, your "Key to my heart" pendant is quite the loveliest idea I''ve seen on these pages. I love it.

And I''ve got a pink malaya garnet heart kicking about here someplace that has defied setting attempts so far. Better put it on the list!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 12:14:00 AM
Author: Arcadian
that key is really gorgeous Lori.
36.gif
your spider ring aslo looks adorable!

-A
Thank you A!!!! I am really enjoying these two pieces...Julia is amazing!!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 1:32:30 AM
Author: Gailey
Lori, your ''Key to my heart'' pendant is quite the loveliest idea I''ve seen on these pages. I love it.

And I''ve got a pink malaya garnet heart kicking about here someplace that has defied setting attempts so far. Better put it on the list!
Hi Gailey!

Julia is super busy right now, but she is taking deposits on design time in November.....
9.gif

Lori

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What great pieces, Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 11:27:53 PM
Author: loriken214
She has tiny black diamonds for her eyes and one more on her abdomen.
30.gif

Lori

Lori, that is awesome!! I love your spidey!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 4:41:39 AM
Author: loriken214

Date: 10/14/2009 1:32:30 AM
Author: Gailey
Lori, your ''Key to my heart'' pendant is quite the loveliest idea I''ve seen on these pages. I love it.

Hi Gailey!

Julia is super busy right now, but she is taking deposits on design time in November.....
9.gif

Lori
Hey Lori, yes I know, I got an e-mail from her today. I asked her if I could pay double for 2 design spots! Just waiting on the invoice. Poor woman, I think we are running her ragged!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYGOSH!!! I am LOVING everything, but ESPECIALLY these keys!

I have had my eye on one of the large silver T&Co keys... but they are pricey, and a handmade, one-of-a-kind would be even BETTER!

Can you guys please share with me the length of your keys, and (if it isn''t too personal) the price? (*Approximate* would be fine!)

THANK YOU!

Lynn

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 2:37:54 PM
Author: Lynn B

I have had my eye on one of the large silver T&Co keys... but they are pricey, and a handmade, one-of-a-kind would be even BETTER!

Can you guys please share with me the length of your keys, and (if it isn''t too personal) the price? (*Approximate* would be fine!)

THANK YOU!

Lynn

Hey Lynn,
glad to see you have also discovered Julia''s talent - this thread should answer your q''s about the keys. If not, there is also more info in the "etsy" thread next to that one.

I agree with you 100% , re. these feel more special than just buying a T&Co straight off the shelf, plus they are phenomenal prices, completely customizable, etc.

Hope to see you in the key appreciation threads!

oh, and here is my thread with plenty of photos of both my ring and key from JKT.
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 3:12:43 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 10/16/2009 2:37:54 PM

THANK YOU!

Lynn

Hey Lynn,
glad to see you have also discovered Julia''s talent - this thread should answer your q''s about the keys. If not, there is also more info in the ''etsy'' thread next to that one.

I agree with you 100% , re. these feel more special than just buying a T&Co straight off the shelf, plus they are phenomenal prices, completely customizable, etc.

Hope to see you in the key appreciation threads!

oh, and here is my thread with plenty of photos of both my ring and key from JKT.
1.gif
Oh AJ! Thanks for the note and the links. I have just spent the last half house learning about Julia and checking out the links and eye candy! I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF HER TILL JUST NOW! Where have I been, under a rock????! EGADS! Someone slap me!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Apparently I don''t spend NEARLY ENOUGH TIME in the Colored Stone OR Jewelry Pieces forums!!! Must. Change. That!

Well, I am in the middle of my big reset project, so any JKT beauties will have to wait for now, but oooooohhhhh, the wheels they are a''spinnin''!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

THANKS AGAIN!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 5:10:47 PM

Oh AJ! Thanks for the note and the links. I have just spent the last half house learning about Julia and checking out the links and eye candy! I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF HER TILL JUST NOW! Where have I been, under a rock????! EGADS! Someone slap me!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Apparently I don''t spend NEARLY ENOUGH TIME in the Colored Stone OR Jewelry Pieces forums!!! Must. Change. That!

Well, I am in the middle of my big reset project, so any JKT beauties will have to wait for now, but oooooohhhhh, the wheels they are a''spinnin''!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Hi again Lynne, you are more than welcome!
Julia is just an absolute doll, plus very skilled and fair with pricing - so I am happy to spread the word to other PS''ers as I believe she''s a great asset.

Incase you didn''t already know, she also has a site with more examples of her work
here

Ha ha, yep you do learn alot of fun stuff over in CS and jewellery - especially if you are looking for time-passing, mind occupying smaller projects (and you know what I mean)
27.gif
5.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a picture posting newbie, but I have two Julia Kay Taylor rings to add to the gallery.

The first was made with a native-cut pink tourmaline that I got on e-bay. I rarely if ever wear pink but this stone was begging to be set. So, I asked for a ring that could withstand weekend wear, figuring that my weekend jeans and tees were the most neutral part of my wardrobe, and could use a bit of sprucing up!

Here''s hoping the pictures thing works!
2.gif

First, here''s Julia''s picture:

ptour1.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm... I think I'll have to come back and post my pics in a day or two, after I figure out this picture sizing business!

Sorry.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results