shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your G colored diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
It would be particularly helpful if you have a pick of a g colored stone next to a D, E, or F.
Thanks in advance!!!

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I did the best that I could with the pictures but it isn''t the easiest thing to do. The round is a .70 ideal round G color and the princess is a H or I (cannot remember) but and don''t know where the paperwork is. The round is my current set and is alot whiter when next to the princess. Fancy cuts show color more then rounds.

GCol.JPG

wen104

Shiny_Rock

resizG.JPG

wen104

Shiny_Rock

Gsp.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, no comparison shots. Trying to pass herself off as a colorless diamond.
11.gif

NewRing0%200378.JPG

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Ellen, I need that camera of yours or some serious practice taking pictures! Hmm just got a nice new camera but those pictures are much better then mine
emcry.gif
. Missed that class on photography!
emotion-5.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 8:09:38 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
Check out this thread it might help....
You think? After you sift through all the bickering, the main message I got out of that was "see them in person, because online comparisons of photos have a thousand variables and won''t truly represent colour anyway."
1.gif

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
Here is my G 1.06 VS1 ex, ex, ex., but my suggestion is if you aren't sure, go somwhere where you can see the difference yourself. Everyone sees colour differently.

photoba1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi, here are some pictures of my G color in different lighting conditions. This one is indoors at daytime, no lights on, in a room with brown walls. The asschers in my band are H color:

IMG_1664shelf.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Indoors, no lights on, by a window:

IMG_1323ginnat.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Side view (easiest to see color) against a white piece of paper, in a windowsill, with natural sunlight hitting it:

IMG_1825side2.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Outside on a sunny day:

IMG_1712sun.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my old F next to my new (in temp setting) G-H. I agree that pictures are pretty meaningless, though. But I had no difficulty adjusting to low G color from an F because the new stone is perfectly cut.

IMG_0060a.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Outside in the shade. I also forgot to mention that my stone is 2 ct - in larger stones, it''s easier to see color.

IMG_1682outshade2.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Honestly...color is the most difficult to read in photos.

I''ll show you my G RB vs my F cushion. The problem in this comparison is that a RB will naturally appear ''whiter'' and brighter than a cushion due to the inherent light return. So, in theory, this comparison is flawed. It''s kinda like comparing apples to oranges (sorry).

Alas, here is my G round brilliant...

Gcolour.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
...and here is my F color cushion that is bezel set into a pendant.

Fcolour.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my G--all three stones are G.
The lighting in this room is very warm which reflects in the stones.

aa11ovalg.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
good old gold tutorial

Scroll through all the pages in this tutorial--it's great.

You won't be viewing your diamond through the pavillion when it's set. You see more saturation of color through the pavillion. Face up well cut round Gs are very white
IMO
1.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Here`s my G princess. Trillions are probably H as they aren`t quite so white. Sorry, no comparisson shots - nothing else I own is higher than a G.

Cachette
1.gif

Photo 290.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 11:04:20 AM
Author: coatimundi
good old gold tutorial

Scroll through all the pages in this tutorial--it''s great.

You won''t be viewing your diamond through the pavillion when it''s set. You see more saturation of color through the pavillion. Face up well cut round Gs are very white

IMO
1.gif
Huh, from the side, when they''re upside down, the difference between the D and the G looks huge to me. Even between the D and the F is noticable. Thankfully for my bank account, I can barely see a difference when they''re face-up.
2.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 11:18:24 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 2/1/2008 11:04:20 AM

good old gold tutorial

Scroll through all the pages in this tutorial--it's great.

You won't be viewing your diamond through the pavillion when it's set. You see more saturation of color through the pavillion. Face up well cut round Gs are very white

IMO
1.gif

Huh, from the side, when they're upside down, the difference between the D and the G looks huge to me. Even between the D and the F is noticable. Thankfully for my bank account, I can barely see a difference when they're face-up.
2.gif

Thankfully yes!(from face up)I studied this before I got my new K color round--compare K to D from pavillion side!!(can I just say, I love my K no matter what?)
9.gif

Coati(warmcolorconvert)

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
This is ALMOST in focus! I didn''t use flash, so I have to stay real still, and I''ve always had shakey hands. Anyway, this may help. The center radiant is a D, the two sides on that ring are J,K. How''s that for contrast? I''m thinking replacing them with D''s btw. The top center is H. It looks I''ish to me, I think becuase of size. The pave is H/I.

isis78.JPG

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
I have no color sensitivity whatsoever! All of your rings are stunningly white

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
got anther one for ya, the three centers in this antique piece are F. they look slightly darker to me than the D. to me, the D is by far the whitest thing i have, i can tell it apart from all others in the colorless range. i don''t know if i''m highly color sensitive, or the shape and size and cut are effecting things. maybe everything combined!

isis79.JPG

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
opps, blurry, here''s another one...

isis80.JPG

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Hello there, beautiful rings. I have a question for you gals that have 2 of the same shaped rings but on is an upgrade. How do you wear the e-rings. do you have the "new/upgrade" on the left hand then the original e-ring on right hand. Or do you NOT wear them at the same time on different hands?
what are the rules?

Please tell! Thx in advance!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 11:53:53 AM
Thankfully yes!(from face up)I studied this before I got my new K color round--compare K to D from pavillion side!!(can I just say, I love my K no matter what?)

9.gif

Coati(warmcolorconvert)
Hehehe, Coati, you are so cute! And I can understand why you love your K--it is jaw-droppingly AMAZING!!! (I think you should post pics of it in here, just to shake things up a bit
11.gif
2.gif
)

susi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 2:36:39 PM
Author: krisvrn
Hello there, beautiful rings. I have a question for you gals that have 2 of the same shaped rings but on is an upgrade. How do you wear the e-rings. do you have the ''new/upgrade'' on the left hand then the original e-ring on right hand. Or do you NOT wear them at the same time on different hands?
what are the rules?

Please tell! Thx in advance!
Hello, krisvrn
35.gif
I don''t know of any rules....I have several rings and just wear what strikes me on any particular day or time, often alternating during the day. Still have my original e-ring from 40 years ago so technically, I guess none of my rings are upgrades but the stones are larger and the quality is better in my newer rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results