shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your favorite setting for an AVC or AVR

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an AVR that I adore and it is currently in a Vatche Tiffany repro setting. I loved this setting with an ideal cut modern round, but I feel that an AV stone deserves a more appropriate setting, and to me, that means a design from the time period this style cut was originally created, and that would be around the art deco period. I love Singlestone designs (but not their pricing), I love Van Craeynest very much, and even Beverley K for a more budget conscious setting.

However, I will say that I love m-2-b's large AVC with just the delicate halo as well. I think the halo acts as a frame to really accentuate the facets of the stone. So if I got an AVC, I'd probably do a halo, but I prefer my AVR not in a halo. That is obviously just personal preference and partly because I may end up with both stones eventually and I don't want both to have halo settings.

I'll post a few of my favorites. (I wrote this post before seeing Arkie's post! Thanks, Arkie! I do enjoy the diamond in this setting, but I do plan to reset!) I also like a large AVC with the graduated french cut sides but don't have a picture saved at the moment.

_23596.jpg

_23597.jpg

_23598.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping to see if people will add

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those excruciatingly precise beauties might as well hang in thin air !

I tend to feel this way about OTT single stones.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 - who made that glorious ring you posted above - the round in the cushion halo? Do you have specs or anything similar on it? A link maybe? A thread? I'd love to read more about it and see some more photos!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 - who made that glorious ring you posted above - the round in the cushion halo? Do you have specs or anything similar on it? A link maybe? A thread? I'd love to read more about it and see some more photos!

If you are referring to the bottom one, it's Single Stone and it's @twosanguinehearts' second attempt at her dream halo before she got to Victor's. Just look up her threads. It's a stunning ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry I am out of town and behind on here! LLJsmom was kind to answer! It was a beautiful ring. Surprisingly she ended up resetting it a third time to a simple pave halo!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! I read her journey - and I was very surprised because, perfect tho Victor's pave is, that SS ring was amazing!

@LLJsmom - I should have said earlier - thank you so much for looking that up!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results