shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
My souffle pendant and 100" strand are here! I didn't want to love the souffle because I was planning on returning it (too many PP purchases in the past month). However, I do love it, so I think I'm going to keep it. :)

Here's two quick pictures of the pendant:

Here's PP's vendor photo for comparison (description said white body with light lavender and green overtones):
screen_shot_2013-11-29_at_0.png

photo__25_2.jpg

photo__26_3.jpg

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My souffle pendant is here! Though I'm kicking myself for not having asked to have it put on an enhancer instead of a simple pendant. But the pearl is stunning, I really love it.

img_1282.jpg

img_1273.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
LtypeI|1386621771|3570808 said:
My souffle pendant is here! Though I'm kicking myself for not having asked to have it put on an enhancer instead of a simple pendant. But the pearl is stunning, I really love it.

That's so pretty! I like the little diamond accent.

Here's a picture of my 6.5-7mm 100" pearl rope (pictured with my 9.0-9.5mm Freshadamas for comparison). I'm impressed with the pearls. They're lustrous and I can barely tell that some of them are off-round. Now, how to wear it?

photo__28_1.jpg

I also got my BF PP souffle today. I think I might have to send it back. I don't think it looks that great with my skin tone :errrr:
This picture was just taken with my phone, but you get the idea. It's beautiful and so shiny... but I think I only look good in silvery tones (like the one that sortmon got haha)

*sigh*

_12554.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pearl purchases everyone!

I just received my keshi 36 inch strand and it's lovely. Though it has no clasp I find I can still double it so perhaps those also receiving the keshi 36 inch strand can do the same. It just arrived and it is freezing so I am sure the colors will warm up in a bit but some quick pics for you ladies. And one with my dh wearing it over his suit just for perspective haha. I had to cut his head out of the pic as he requested though or he wouldn't be my model. :bigsmile:
The color got all washed out in my pics especially the self portrait pic but it is night here and it looks much better IRL but I wanted to show you how it could be doubled despite not having a clasp.

keshipearls.jpg

keshipearlsdoubled.jpeg

keshionmydh.jpg

francescajustbecause.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
missy|1386630685|3570903 said:

I just received my keshi 36 inch strand and it's lovely. Though it has no clasp I find I can still double it so perhaps those also receiving the keshi 36 inch strand can do the same. It just arrived and it is freezing so I am sure the colors will warm up in a bit but some quick pics for you ladies. And one with my dh wearing it over his suit just for perspective haha. I had to cut his head out of the pic as he requested though or he wouldn't be my model. :bigsmile:
The color got all washed out in my pics especially the self portrait pic but it is night here and it looks much better IRL but I wanted to show you how it could be doubled despite not having a clasp.
I love the colors in your keshi necklace. I love the picture of your kitty even more. What a goofball!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1386618076|3570739 said:
My souffle pendant and 100" strand are here! I didn't want to love the souffle because I was planning on returning it (too many PP purchases in the past month). However, I do love it, so I think I'm going to keep it. :)

Here's two quick pictures of the pendant:

Here's PP's vendor photo for comparison (description said white body with light lavender and green overtones):
screen_shot_2013-11-29_at_0.png

It's lovely!! I can't get over that lustre! And the size! I actually thought that was it next to a dime until I read the fine print! A pearl bigger than a quarter! Wow!

Glad you're keeping it. :appl:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1386630685|3570903 said:

Thanks so much for the pics missy! Now I really can't wait for my keshi strand!

Your kitty is very cute!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
bean|1386622811|3570820 said:
I also got my BF PP souffle today. I think I might have to send it back. I don't think it looks that great with my skin tone :errrr:
This picture was just taken with my phone, but you get the idea. It's beautiful and so shiny... but I think I only look good in silvery tones (like the one that sortmon got haha)

*sigh*

Bean, I think your souffle is lovely! Could you put it on a longer chain and wear it over tops instead of against your skin?

Maybe it's just me, but I never worry about what colour of jewelry suits me or not. I just go with what I like to look at.

And that's just beautiful!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1386622557|3570817 said:
LtypeI|1386621771|3570808 said:

That's so pretty! I like the little diamond accent.

Here's a picture of my 6.5-7mm 100" pearl rope (pictured with my 9.0-9.5mm Freshadamas for comparison). I'm impressed with the pearls. They're lustrous and I can barely tell that some of them are off-round. Now, how to wear it?

Sort mom,
That's a gorgeous rope! I'm actually envious, although I chose a souffle over a rope (I thought the pearls would be small).

Great selection! I bet you'll come up with multiple ways to wear it. :)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay! Just heard from PP that my souffle (and its two akoya friends) have shipped!!! I'm now much more hopeful that I will get it by Friday (before I go on holidays). Fingers crossed!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1386635251|3570952 said:
Oh yay! Just heard from PP that my souffle (and its two akoya friends) have shipped!!! I'm now much more hopeful that I will get it by Friday (before I go on holidays). Fingers crossed!
I can't wait to see pictures!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1386634343|3570940 said:
Sort mom,
That's a gorgeous rope! I'm actually envious, although I chose a souffle over a rope (I thought the pearls would be small).

Great selection! I bet you'll come up with multiple ways to wear it. :)
Yes, I definitely think the pearls in the rope are small, especially compared to my Freshadamas, but the necklace is sooo long and there are soooo many of them that they make up for size with quantity. The quality is surprising as well - I definitely expected duller. I am very pleased and have been googling such things like "how to wear 100 inch pearls".

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I love all three ways you've styled it!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! There is something lovely and decadent about ropes of pearls.
Enjoy!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Sort mon Love the way you have your beautiful rope styled :appl: :appl: :appl: Can't decide if I like the first or the second best :geek: Enjoy!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
renwea|1386440668|3569565 said:
I thought it would be interesting to show the glamour shot with my picture.
Beautiful!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1386644999|3571079 said:
OMG, I love all three ways you've styled it!
Thank you!

periwinklegirl|1386656145|3571187 said:
Me too! There is something lovely and decadent about ropes of pearls.
Enjoy!
Thanks!

LitGeek|1386687281|3571291 said:
Sort mon Love the way you have your beautiful rope styled :appl: :appl: :appl: Can't decide if I like the first or the second best :geek: Enjoy!
I definitely like the first one the best. It's a choker style. I can definitely see myself wearing that one soon!

alice87|1386689265|3571306 said:
renwea|1386440668|3569565 said:
I thought it would be interesting to show the glamour shot with my picture.
Beautiful!
Thanks! I thought it looked even shinier IRL!

SMC

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sortmon, I love all those pictures you posted wearing the long pearls. They look amazing on you. Another way is to wear them in different lengths around your neck. Wrap them around as a choker and then another length a bit longer and another length just a bit longer than that until you run out of the length of the pearls. Not sure my description makes sense but I hope it does. Anyway, gorgeous, classic and versatile!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like Missy, I purchased one of the 36" keshi strands and it arrived today :appl: ! I'm delighted with how lovely it is! Fabulous metallic luster, colors and interesting shapes. I love wearing it long but would also like to be able to double it, so I'm going to send it back after the holidays to have a clasp put on. I wish I could squeeze into it doubled but it just won't fit.

pp_keshi.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse -- I love it long on you! I am so bummed I missed out on that piece!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Holy Moly...I don't look for a couple of days and look what I missed !! What fabulous pearls you all managed to buy !! The large (somehow large doesnt seem like a BIG enough word ) white souffle... phew !! breathtaking !! And the Orangey/green/ whatever colour that is...quite astounding !! And how wonderful that the exotic colour is true in real life ! (always a concern with the glamour shots)

Keshis...well...what's not to love !! The white rope...endless transformations to be tried !! (thank goodness I didn't have to knot it)

The Cat's eyes...amazing colour ! lol What a show off !!

I love the colours in the lavender pinky souffle ! Such a gorgeous glow on the surface !

Lucky Ladies !!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
bean|1386622811|3570820 said:

*sigh*
You may be in luck! I think that I may be returning my souffle as it's not that flattering on me. It somehow looks "muddy" in indoor lighting (maybe it's the green overtones). Does that make sense?

photo__31_0.jpg

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
My strand is here! First reaction: while beautiful on their own, I'll never be able to wear them because they are just too big. Then I slept on it, and decided to try them out today. I think I might be warming up to them, but not 100% sure yet. (Sorry for the terrible picture)
photo_2_43.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
recordaras|1386784561|3572007 said:
My strand is here! First reaction: while beautiful on their own, I'll never be able to wear them because they are just too big. Then I slept on it, and decided to try them out today. I think I might be warming up to them, but not 100% sure yet. (Sorry for the terrible picture)
photo_2_43.jpg
Well, I don't think that they are too big at all! I'm a size whore though. If you don't feel comfortable wearing them, you can always return or regift them. Or wait until you age into them (big pearls seem to go with older women). :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
photo_2_43.jpg

These look great on you. Not too big at all.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
photo_2_43.jpg

I think they look absolutely beautiful on you. Don't change them. You should wear those with pride!

What kind of pearls are they?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results