shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Periwinklegirl. I love the keshi you selected they are really something else :love: I could see them used instead of a chain with a big souffle hanging from. Beautiful :naughty:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sortmon|1385754763|3564843 said:
baby monster|1385754532|3564839 said:
HHPmom|1385738324|3564754 said:
I was expecting a lot more soufflé though but there weren't many. I bought this one:

Appx. 16 to 20 mm
Blend of Bright Green, Peach, and Lavender
14K Yellow Gold Metallic Baroque

I liked that one too but I guess you already checked out :lol: . I just bought a similar one PP listed few minutes ago.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :)]

Too funny. I had to figure out how to do a screen shot on my new phone. Although, judging from PP's site redesign and how they changed the photos, they probably don't want us to take their pictures.

screenshot_2013-11-29-15-25-05.png

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm going to cancel the undrilled pearl order. I really have too many! And I think this pearl shape reminds me too much of a cooked turkey (must be too much Thanksgiving in my home).

screen_shot_2013-11-29_at_11.png

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
I got South Sea dangle earrings. So excited, have wanted SS dangles since I saw some amazing Paspaley pearls on a trip to Aus onetime (and was allowed to try on a $35000 strand for a few minutes!!!) - no way I could ever afford Paspaley prices. The info says slight blemishes hopefully they will not be too noticeable. I love the video shopping trip that 4RanchGirl did to Pearl Paradise. Have to wait for shipping to UK. Should be here in time to wrap as a 'surprise' under the tree!
Failed on the photo front, you know the ones though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I weakened and bought the 36" keshi necklace. I'm so weak. I never saw keshi pearls before and they looked so pretty...total impulse purchase. I'm curious to see what I think of them in person. Ooh I see some other psers ordered these also. :wavey:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
4RG, that green soufflé is phenomenal. Sortmon, love that pearl you picked. I saw a very intense one with peach and lavender body but decided against it (first picture). I think it will just sink in with my yellow complexion. The second one will be for my sister. Picked up a a loose one and a lavender & green pendant (3rd and 4th pics). I couldn't resist the keshi strand either. The price is great. I hope that even though the soufflé colors aren't as bold IRL, I won't be disappointed.

pp_souffle_peach_and_lavender_body_and_hint_of_green.gif

pearl_paradise_-_3.gif

pearl_paradise_-_4.gif

pearl_paradise_-_1.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Double post.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1385757440|3564860 said:
I think I'm going to cancel the undrilled pearl order. I really have too many! And I think this pearl shape reminds me too much of a cooked turkey (must be too much Thanksgiving in my home).

screen_shot_2013-11-29_at_11.png

LOL- it does look a little like a turkey :lol: Although, I don't think I would have noticed it if you hadn't mentioned it!

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
oh, everyone's purchases are so lovely!! :love: :love:

I was looking for a pendant, but ended up getting something completely different!

Tahitian studs 9.0-10.0mm with green overtones.

tahitian_studs.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Baby monster, the one you picked is very similar to what I got last night. Sortmon, I didn't see that one as a turkey. It has very intense color at the bottom. Are you sure you want to cancel it? It's so pretty. Don't let it get away.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1385761620|3564883 said:
Baby monster, the one you picked is very similar to what I got last night. Sortmon, I didn't see that one as a turkey. It has very intense color at the bottom. Are you sure you want to cancel it? It's so pretty. Don't let it get away.

Yup, I canceled it. I'm more of a pastel girl and not so fashion forward/vibrant. And it totally looks like an cooked turkey to me (with the drumsticks being the orange bulges). :)

I need to cancel as I'm saving my pennies for the Tahitian purchase for my grandmother.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Mondayschild|1385761421|3564881 said:
oh, everyone's purchases are so lovely!! :love: :love:

I was looking for a pendant, but ended up getting something completely different!

Tahitian studs 9.0-10.0mm with green overtones.

Love these! I wanted them too but they sold out quick.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1385756934|3564857 said:
Thank you Periwinklegirl. I love the keshi you selected they are really something else :love: I could see them used instead of a chain with a big souffle hanging from. Beautiful :naughty:

Clearly great minds think alike on this one!!!

Now where could I get a big exotic metallic souffle to hang from it? Hmmm :angryfire:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Most of the souffle pendants I was eyeing earlier this morning while I was at work were purchased by the time I got home :blackeye: But I still managed to find one I liked! It's a lavender body with bluish-pink overtones in the Romantic setting. I can't wait for this to arrive; I wonder how it'll look with my metallic lavender studs!

I was browsing last night and saw some baroque Tahitian earrings I liked, so I ended up emailing them to help me find a pair of pearls with a dark green body with blue overtone to match my strand that I picked up last year. If all goes well, then I'll have some dangles to show off too!

chasiusouffle.gif

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl|1385762586|3564890 said:

Now where could I get a big exotic metallic souffle to hang from it? Hmmm :angryfire:
WELL......here is what I would do.... :naughty: .....let my fingers to the talking and email J and ask him to include a matching metalic something to use between the bale and the new souffle. along the lines of the enhancer in my avitar. That is what I have already done. :mrgreen: Then it can some what blend or match.

Just sayin :bigsmile:

opps misread your question so just change what you are asking for but same idea though.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1385764301|3564904 said:

WELL......here is what I would do.... :naughty: .....let my fingers to the talking and email J and ask him to include a matching metalic something to use between the bale and the new souffle. along the lines of the enhancer in my avitar. That is what I have already done. :mrgreen: Then it can some what blend or match.

opps misread your question so just change what you are asking for but same idea though.
He only has 3.4 kilos of these :shock: so I bet there will be one that compliments that strand really well :naughty:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Sooooo...4RG- does this mean you also bought the keshi strand? If so,I think that makes 5 of us so far. Haha- they may all end up going to PSers!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
No, no I only had the pearl set aside when they first came in. The chains I wear with all my pearls are proportional to the size of the pearl. I am not really fond of the big pearls on thin chains. That is why I suggested making the pendent the way I did. The keshi are really not large and I think that using in lou of a chain would make a statement one of a kind necklace.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1385767922|3564928 said:
No, no I only had the pearl set aside when they first came in. The chains I wear with all my pearls are proportional to the size of the pearl. I am not really fond of the big pearls on thin chains. That is why I suggested making the pendent the way I did. The keshi are really not large and I think that using in lou of a chain would make a statement one of a kind necklace.

OK- now I understand. =) Your pearl combos are always gorgeous and it's a great idea to add a souffle that can be worn as a pendant with the keshi strand. I am also wondering if an Edison would look good if the strand is left long,too. Soooo many awesome pearls and just never enough money-lol.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1385771811|3564960 said:
4Ranch Girl|1385767922|3564928 said:

OK- now I understand. =) Your pearl combos are always gorgeous and it's a great idea to add a souffle that can be worn as a pendant with the keshi strand. I am also wondering if an Edison would look good if the strand is left long,too. Soooo many awesome pearls and just never enough money-lol.
If I remember correctly the keshi strand is 36 inches so it should look ok doubled. I would use an enhancer bale and wear the strand doubled with the enhancer hooked on one strand or even wear the strand long with the enhancer hooked at the bottom for a long lean look. One of the large Edisons would look good this way too as long as it was big enough. It's all about balance.

Here are a few of my combinations.. for the souffle on my avitar... with the heavy gold chain on my thread (with the cream large ss) worn long. Hits just above my waist. Or the multi color tin cup which is 42 inches doubled with the enhancer hooked onto both strands worn the same length. Or worn on the souffles on my avitar, or on a strand of ice pink metallics. I use pearls just as I would chains and it makes more of a statment piece rather than just a pendent on a thin chain. Versatile and increases options.

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
4Ranch Girl|1385774568|3564977 said:
I use pearls just as I would chains and it makes more of a statment piece rather than just a pendent on a thin chain. Versatile and increases options.

I love this idea! I'm still working my way up to it though, I'm never sure how to pair things up. I have a gorgeous golden peachy flameball I'd like to use as an enhancer on a pearl strand, but most of my pearls are cool tones so I'm not sure what to do with it.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Three purchases on my end so far (no pictures):

1) I thought I'd missed out on the Tahitian/keshi 36" strand this summer which I'd LOVED on Fly Girl. They must have had two returns so I grabbed one at 70% off!

2) A pair of huge light lavender soufflé earrings on shepherd hooks. I'm hoping they'll look good with my double strand of soufflés.

3) A white metallic 8 to 9 mm strand with citrines between each pearl (lovely for spring and summer, I'm thinking).

I was too late trying to buy the metallic keshi strand.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hah! I already had J intercept my new undrilled souffle pearl this morning so it could be drilled and set at PP. He asked how I wanted it set? I said a combo enhancer/pendant like 4Ranch has. So, thank you 4Ranch Girl for the additional details on how to get the accent pearl right. I just hadn't gotten that far in my thinking. This is going to be a fun project! :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you all on your lovely new pearl purchases :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: Looking forward to neck, wrist, and earshots :geek:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl Queen Cynde, you gave me the idea. I'll put my loose soufflé on a large eye pin and use it as a pendant. Then add the enhancer below if I choose to wear with other strands or FW keshi. Thank you. :appl:

bellafindings_enhancer.jpg

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Jeremy and the rest of the PP crew are nothing short of amazing!
I had some issues with my cart on Black Friday and couldn't check out. I was planning to buy one of the super inexpensive 17" drop metallic necklaces, and since there were only 9 of them available there was obviously nothing left by the next morning. :( I was sharing my issues on facebook through the night, and they suggested I reach out to Jeremy. It seemed kind of awkward to be bothering him about something as minor, but I figured I'd send a note in case one of the existing orders got cancelled or returned. But Jeremy went above and beyond - he set up a special listing for me with these 8mm metallic beauties and now I just can't wait till they get here :love: :

619.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Recordaras, WOW! That strand is dreamy. I bet you're thrilled.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Monday's child. Those Tahitian studs are very pretty. I love the color you chose. Please post a review when they arrive and a ear shot perhaps?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1385826218|3565181 said:
Pearl Queen Cynde, you gave me the idea. I'll put my loose soufflé on a large eye pin and use it as a pendant. Then add the enhancer below if I choose to wear with other strands or FW keshi. Thank you. :appl:
I am sure you remember the last place you bought a bale that I have...I do not want to say their name here...they have a diamond enhancer bale. I have one and love it.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
recordaras, wow, that strand is amazing. PP customer service is awesome. I am glad they came through for you. FW metallics won't disappoint.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results