carat
color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 2:11:36 PM
Author: alli_esq
ILC---WOWOWOWOWWOW!!! That band is absolutely, jaw-droppingly perfect!(and how adorable that your daughter picked you those beautiful flowers!)

Wear it in wonderful health and much happiness!!! And feel free to post more pics ANYTIME
2.gif

Thank you so much alli! *blush*
You are too sweet
5.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 1:50:27 PM
Author: RubyCharm
Date: 5/14/2009 9:44:22 AM

Author: iluvcarats

Rubycharm

Any word yet?

I spoke with Larry on Tuesday, and it looks like they''re finally working on my ring (Larry said it will be finished in about 2 weeks, so I guess I''ll get it by the end of May). In all of my previous phone conversations with Larry, I always got the impression that the ring was already in production, so I got my hopes up that the ring would be finished sooner
7.gif
. I never asked Larry about a firm timeline, because my situation was out of the ordinary and I knew VC would need to accommodate the re-set in their work queue (which is probably the busiest during the holidays and the weeks before Valentine''s Day and Mother''s Day). I guess, at this point, waiting 2 more weeks won''t be so hard any more (I''m sure it would''ve been a lot harder if I had known from the very beginning that I would be waiting for 2 months
6.gif
23.gif
32.gif
; so, from that perspective, I''m glad I had no idea!).

And, just to give you a quick update on the modifications made to the ring, Larry said the halo will have 1.2 mm diamonds (they used 1.5 mm melee in the first ring), and it will have a slight angle (the first halo was totally flat).

I''ll post more updates as things progress
2.gif
It will be so worth it RC!
Just a little longer....
1.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
There is a Van Craeynest style 910 YG wedding band, size 5.25 on eBay right now. This is the second time it''s been posted, so I guess the first sale fell through. It has a BIN price of $499! I''d be all over it except it''s far too small, and I really don''t have the money, but what a deal. Anyway, though I''d post in this thread because I know you''re all a captive audience of VC fans! VC ring on eBay

5255_1.JPG

lucy61

Rough_Rock
Actually the V.C 910 ring on EBay is a size 6....I just checked.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
ALSO! Oh my gosh, Iluvcarats, iluvyourgorgeousnewvancraeynestband!!! It''s amazing!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 11:30:52 PM
Author: Selkie
ALSO! Oh my gosh, Iluvcarats, iluvyourgorgeousnewvancraeynestband!!! It''s amazing!

LOL! Thank you Selkie! Larry did an amazing job! I was thinking of giving it it''s own thread just so that more people could appreciate Larry''s talent.
He is just such an amazing craftsman!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Interesting, it looks like Van Craeynest is testing the waters of selling directly through eBay: luxuryones on eBay. I haven''t contacted the seller to find out if they are legit. Anyone have any insight into their prices on there as opposed to buying through a retailer?

tessa

Shiny_Rock
It takes me by surprise to discover how much I just love these VC pieces.

I have several family stones; only one is close to super-ideal dimensions, though.
Will they set a family stone?

I wish i had found this thread long ago; i have many lovely rings but i sure am lusting in my heart over these VCs.
A few questions.
I have a very slow connection (live in the countryside) and I lost track of the number of the set with the rose BUDS on the side, not open flowers.
I didn't see it at first glance in the catalog.

Also, will they set a family stone if it isn't "perfect"?
I have a more or less half carat stone with very good color but the spread is a little more than I would have chosen.
I think a nice setting could improve this greatly.

I know i am just dreaming; I am married over 30 years but I still would love to have a new "ring"to honor my family (and my VC love) with.

One more question.... do you ever find the relief detail to be annoying between the fingers?
I sold my emerald cut eternity ring (wish i hadn't done that!) because i didn't find it comfy.

I would hate to find out after that the ring i so love is too uncomfortable for me.

Those rings are ALL just GORGEMOUS!!
Not a clunker in the bunch.

I also really like the pierced ivy leaf band a lot.

Thanks for the lovely display and all the comments.
35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ETA this is all nothing more than a lovely dream as there is no VC in my foreseeable future near or far, but dreaming is soooo nice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tessa, they will certainly set a stone that you provide as long as it is structurally in good condition (they might hesitate to set a stone that had a big crack in it, for example). I'm with you on loving their settings!

tessa

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for answering my question.
Maybe for my next big milestone anniversary (40) I will be closer to getting something nice and new like this.
i have a few nice family stones.
(My own best diamond, a 1.5+ 8* is at the consignment shop... hoping it will tide us through a bit more of kids'' college) but by my 40th I should be "eligible" for a nice jewelry treat!

It would be lovely to have a ring this nice with a memory stone.
It is lovely even to THINK about it!

Now, who has more to show....???
Bring them on..
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow I can't believe this thread is still around!

That's weird about the ebay thing. I've seen VC pieces for sale there before but never directly from the factory. I seriously doubt they're actually doing that. It seems kind of fishy to me...

LuckyLux, SonnyJim, Angeline - your rings are gorgeous!

36.gif

ETA: Mariposa, fi you're out there, congrats on your upgrade. Would love to see some more pics!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 1:20:17 PM
Author: tessa

I have several family stones; only one is close to super-ideal dimensions, though.

I wish i had found this thread long ago; i have many lovely rings but i sure am lusting in my heart over these VCs.
A few questions.
I have a very slow connection (live in the countryside) and I lost track of the number of the set with the rose BUDS on the side, not open flowers.
I didn't see it at first glance in the catalog.

Also, will they set a family stone if it isn't 'perfect'?
I have a more or less half carat stone with very good color but the spread is a little more than I would have chosen.

I know i am just dreaming; I am married over 30 years but I still would love to have a new 'ring'to honor my family (and my VC love) with.

One more question.... do you ever find the relief detail to be annoying between the fingers?
I sold my emerald cut eternity ring (wish i hadn't done that!) because i didn't find it comfy.

I would hate to find out after that the ring i so love is too uncomfortable for me.

35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ETA this is all nothing more than a lovely dream as there is no VC in my foreseeable future near or far, but dreaming is soooo nice!

Hey Tessa, I think the setting with rosebuds is 851. There's also a larger ring with roses (I think it's considered pierced) and it's 6118.

Here's the 851 and matching band:

9e84_1.JPG

VC removed and re-set my diamond from my old engagement ring, and they also set my purple spinel, so I know they will set customer stones. As far as accent diamonds go, I think they prefer to use their own. This is a good thing because the sidestones in my 483 are nice color and clarity (F/VS), and they have arrows which I really enjoy
31.gif

As far as comfot goes, My VC rings are more comfy than my old 3-sided pavé ering. I find eternity bands VERY uncomfortable, so I was pleasantly surprised the carving/chasing on my wedding rings didn't bother me at all. I think most if not all of their rings nowadays are comfort fit, which helps too. I know all of my rings are gently rounded a bit inside. I would say if you can handle a band with milgrain edges, you can probably wear VC designs comfortably and without any problems.

I already have a small collection of VC jewelry, but I still love to dream about future pieces too. It never ends!!

I'll update with my new pieces soon
10.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
OH for the love of all things sparkly!! I LOVE THIS THREAD!! LOVE IT!!
may it never go away!! someday *swoons* i will have one.... some sweet day
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hey Trishy! I love this thread too! I just about drove myself bonkers trying to find IRL pics of VC anything. Now we have lots to look at
3.gif

What are you thinking about getting? I have lots of gemstones that should probably be set, but I have my eye on some stacking bands. I''m liking the contrast of mixed metals too...

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:46:00 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Date: 7/29/2009 1:20:17 PM

Author: tessa

A few questions.

I didn''t see it at first glance in the catalog.

Also, will they set a family stone if it isn''t ''perfect''?

I know i am just dreaming; I am married over 30 years but I still would love to have a new ''ring''to honor my family (and my VC love) with.

I sold my emerald cut eternity ring (wish i hadn''t done that!) because i didn''t find it comfy.

35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hey Tessa, I think the setting with rosebuds is 851. There''s also a larger ring with roses (I think it''s considered pierced) and it''s 6118.

Here''s the 851 and matching band:

9e84_1.JPG

VC removed and re-set my diamond from my old engagement ring, and they also set my purple spinel, so I know they will set customer stones. As far as accent diamonds go, I think they prefer to use their own. This is a good thing because the sidestones in my 483 are nice color and clarity (F/VS), and they have arrows which I really enjoy
31.gif

As far as comfot goes, My VC rings are more comfy than my old 3-sided pavé ering. I find eternity bands VERY uncomfortable, so I was pleasantly surprised the carving/chasing on my wedding rings didn''t bother me at all. I think most if not all of their rings nowadays are comfort fit, which helps too. I know all of my rings are gently rounded a bit inside. I would say if you can handle a band with milgrain edges, you can probably wear VC designs comfortably and without any problems.

I already have a small collection of VC jewelry, but I still love to dream about future pieces too. It never ends!!

I''ll update with my new pieces soon
10.gif

Hi girls,

I''ve tried on this exact setting - with a .50 carat or so RB center stone (was a jeweler''s sample). It is darling. The ring is substantial in terms of the platinum, but the rosebuds are more delicate than the photo might lead you to believe. It is a really sweet setting. I considered this set, because roses are a family thing (our family silver has a rosebud motif). The design is very romantic.

kimi

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, my hubbs and I are actually visiting the Bay Area and are planning to make it over to the VC workshop this weekend to get our rings polished. If anyone has any requests you would like to see, let me know...I''ll get my camera charged and ready.

Kimiko - no wonder you really like roses! Have you ever seen Steiff silver in the rose pattern? Here''s a pic (albeit an awful one). That''s been my family''s silver for 3 generations. Hmm... it kind of looks like chased work. No wonder I''m so into VC jewelry!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
OH MY!!! THanks to all of you, Enabling PS Ladies.... now I want my yellow pear re-set in a VC!!!!
Ugh......................... such beauties!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 12:49:22 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Hi all, my hubbs and I are actually visiting the Bay Area and are planning to make it over to the VC workshop this weekend to get our rings polished. If anyone has any requests you would like to see, let me know...I''ll get my camera charged and ready.

Have fun! No specific requests for shots, but feel free to surprise us. Anything with colored gemmies will rock my world!
25.gif

b5s4

Rough_Rock
Love in bloom,
I don't know if it's too late but can you PLEASE snap some pics of the 812 and 912 in yellow gold? Larry showed it to me when I was in the bay area but I forgot to take a picture of it on my iphone. I'm pretty sure that's the set I want (with diamonds on the 912 wedding ring all around it on the flowers) but could you also take a picture of the 917 in yellow gold? (He mentioned that the 917 can have diamonds on each flower going around the ring.) Thanks so much if you can-it would be a HUGE help!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Selkie - I shall try my best with the colored stone rings.

b5s4 - 812/912 in yellow gold; 917 in yellow gold. Got it!

Well, I''m off to San Fran. I''m driving so wish me luck that I won''t get lost!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Well, I wanted to share pics from my visit but just realized I forgot my camera cable
14.gif
. I''ll revert in two days with pics, promise!

ETA: sorry the font is so big. weird hotel computer...

b5s4

Rough_Rock
aah! That''s a shame that you forgot your camera cable. Thanks for taking the pictures! Make sure to include a pic of your ring since it''s just been polished.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
LiB..... waiting.... waiting.... where''s that cable? Are you still in the Bay area?

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
LIB! Where are the pictures that you promised us?

I''m getting impatient here...

kimi

b5s4

Rough_Rock
bump. Any update? I'm more than willing to send you a cable!
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 10:23:41 AM
Author:
angeline

LiB..... waiting.... waiting.... where's that cable? Are you still in the Bay area?
Hey Angeline! I flew back on on Tuesday so I'm in the Midwest now. Won't be here for long though; we loved the Bay Area so much we're moving there in October. I'm hoping we can meet up sometime as I'm DYING to that gorgeous diamond of yours!

Date: 8/19/2009 9:17:53 PM
Author:
kimikocat

LIB! Where are the pictures that you promised us?
I'm getting impatient here...

kimi
Hi Kimikokat - I went to a store in Berkeley, you probably mentioned them here before, who had quite a number of estate pieces and a few VC rings. I may start a separate thread for that. My pics aren't the best, but stay tuned!

Date: 8/20/2009 12:13:32 PM
Author: b5s4

bump. Any update? I'm more than willing to send you a cable!
9.gif
Thank you for the offer b5s4. I finally located my cable and much to my amazement ... it's just a simple USB cord! Well, NOW i know
37.gif
. I'm working on resizing/compressing some pics for you as we speak. Crossing my fingers they turn out okay!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired. First up, a few colored stone rings for Selkie!

Here is a gorgeous pink sapphire in a 1034-10 in platinum

VCvisit_Colors_065.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
another.

VCvisit_Colors_066c.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This is one of my favorite settings
30.gif

VCvisit_Colors_070c.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results