shape
carat
color
clarity

show me diamond studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Hi, the diamond bug has bitten me and now I''m thinking I would like to buy myself some diamond stud earrings to wear with my wedding dress. I already have some mall studs that are round set in white gold with a tcw of .5 (.25 or so each). I''m thinking I''d like something bigger and of course better cut. So, I''d like to see pictures of different size & shape diamond studs. My e-ring will be a rectangular radiant cut so I''ve considered looking for matching earrings, but I''m not sure about rectangular earrings...maybe a princess cuts or square radiants instead...? If anyone could post a picture showing a .25 earring with a .5 earring so I can compare the sizes I''d hugely appreciate it. Can''t wait to see your sparklers!

Thank you!!!!!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Anyone?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Go to "Show Me Your Ring" I''m pretty sure that there are studs somewhere and do a search on studs. I don''t have any pictures of mine

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
thanks I''ll try that. Never thought about the show me your rings category for earrings!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
These pictures are terrible but here is my pair 1.38 I SI2.

eerr11.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another fuzzy shot.

rae22.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have earrings that are .76ctw that look lovely on the ears but I'd prefer to get something slightly over 1ctw the next time around. My old pair was 1ctw but was not well cut, so this new pair is more sparkly and to my eyes looks just as big as the old pair due to a better cut.

I think square asscher earrings would be fabulous, but I also tend to think the Asschers have to be fairly big in order to see that famous step pattern, so maybe not in a smaller size. What about a Jubilee or Regent set for earrings, more of a cushion shape between a square and a round? I adore my Regent pendant and would love Jubilee earrings. GOG carries both, maybe give Jonathan a call. However, they are both branded types of stones so they are more pricey than the average square or radiant.

Earrings are fun to get hooked on. Whiteflash also has a bunch of .50 each stones right now in their ES area, I SI's which are great for earrings. You could build a 1ctw pair of earrings for about $2100 off what they have right now. YUM!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of one of my old earrings with one of my new ACA earrings. Please forgive the yellowing from the lighting.

I bought my old earrings from a local jeweler in my "before PS" days. My old earring were 0.54 tcw and my new ones are .87 tcw. The one on the top is about 27 points while the ACA on the bottom is about 44 points. Where you can see the arrows in the ACA, the chaos of the cut in my old earrings is rather obvious.
1.gif

SidebySideEarrings.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the difference is amazing!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
PQC...thanks for posting your 2 earrings. There is a big difference between the .27 and the .44. Do you notice a big difference in sparkler on your better cut, bigger earrings?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You betchya!!
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

My old earrings are sparkly enough, but not all that well cut. The difference in performance is really obvious when the 2 are side by side.

Shortly after I got the ACA''s we were at a swim meet for our son. Lighting at indoor pools is terrible. I had that "someone is staring at me" feeling and turned to find DH looking at me. I said, "What??!!", and he said my earrings had gotten his attention. They were sparkling like crazy and had really grabbed his eye.

The size difference was really noticible at first but now I have grown used to these. Diamond shrinkage syndrome knows no bounds, I guess. Even when the rocks are on your ears and you only see them in the mirror.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results