shape
carat
color
clarity

Should TG go FG or get martinis while preggo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
TGal, I meant to say, my pendant is a J and it is plenty white for me! I think you will be incredibly happy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 10:20:53 AM
Author: TravelingGal

FG, I thought there was a reason that I thought yours were WG (because of course I want mine to look like yours, my dream studs, I had gone looking before all this began), and there is...

In your 10K gift post, you did say,

''So, here are my 0.8 ctw, F SI1 A Cut Above, handmade 18K wg fine bezel studs from Whiteflash!! Heavy friction backs.''

So I remember thinking I needed to ask you what alloy it was mixed with. I guess I am confused since you did mention yours were WG? I just love your earrings and the pics you posted and thought all this time they were WG?

Sorry if I am confusing you! And thanks for your help my dear!!!

Sorry I disappeared - trip for work. Yes, my studs are 18k WG. I was just confused about your posts because I didn''t understand why one option had to be platinum while the other was okay in WG. It makes sense now because of the alloy thing. But mine are definitely WG, didn''t mean to confuse on that point.

So did you go with the 0.4 ct each? We will be stud twins!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi FG! Yes I finally figured out that''s what you meant. Mine will be platinum. It did occur to me to ask them to have the bezel as 18K wg and have them put platinum backs and posts on it, but I figured the difference would be nominal and I might as well go platinum. I like the shininess of the WG though.

Yes, went the .4''s. I am very curious as to how it will look in the bezel. All the other FG followers on here have chosed higher color than I have. We''ll see...I hope to get them this week!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woot! They are done! They should ship tomorrow and I will get them by Wed. However, I''m not PEEKING since they are TGuy''s gift to me, but my excitement will be PEAKING for sure!

One thing I did have them do is cut a second groove into the post. Read somewhere on PS that the backing should rest in the groove, so I wanted a couple of groovy options.
1.gif

Will post WF pics when and if they come.
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m excited for you! I can''t wait to see pictures! Do you know when TGuy will give them to you?

LOL at peeking and peaking!

Good idea about the groove. Is it better to have the backing rest in the groove? I just push my backings in a bit further and they stay. I haven''t had any issues.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 4:16:54 PM
Author: snlee

Yay! I''m excited for you! I can''t wait to see pictures! Do you know when TGuy will give them to you?

LOL at peeking and peaking!

Good idea about the groove. Is it better to have the backing rest in the groove? I just push my backings in a bit further and they stay. I haven''t had any issues.
Not sure...but he''s not a person of pomp and circumstance...so this is how I picture it...

me: I got the earrings today! Here is the box.
TGuy: Great! (handing it back to me.) Happy birthday!
me: Oh boy! Thanks honey! (tears open the box like a starving savage)

Romantic huh?

Yes, I did read that here...I think it was Garry who said it''s a matter of physics or something like that. If it''s in the groove, it''s harder to get the slipping motion going. If it''s pushed up close to your ear, it could slip and run right past the groove. I don''t think folks around here have had problems with their friction backs though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here they are gals. I see some color in the side profile on the left, but I don''t expect these to be F''s. It will be interesting to see how I like them in person.

More shots later when I get them. These are in platinum, J SI1 and J VS2. .407 and .408

TGAL_1116.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Can''t wait to see more pics!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGAl, those are going to be amazing....can''t wait for more pics!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Very romantic.
9.gif
My husband would probably do the same!

Yummy! I love them! They are going to be gorgeous!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that was super fast! They look great, I have no worries about the color I, my E-Ring is an H and I ownly see a faint hint through the pavillion on the rare occasion.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE them! They look fantastic.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG, they look so beautiful!!! Can''t wait to see pics
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies...I promise to do my regular crappy photo shoot for a thread in SMTR when I get them. Hopefully it will be helpful to others who want to see I lower colored stone in a bezel platinum setting.

I''m a bit anxious to see how I respond to the color...but like it or not, I''m keeping them. Otherwise there goes the price of those platinum bezels!

Y''all made me into a size hoe!
2.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 9:17:47 PM
Thanks ladies...I promise to do my regular crappy photo shoot for a thread in SMTR when I get them. Hopefully it will be helpful to others who want to see I lower colored stone in a bezel platinum setting.

I''m a bit anxious to see how I respond to the color...but like it or not, I''m keeping them. Otherwise there goes the price of those platinum bezels!

Y''all made me into a size hoe!
2.gif
Lol, you are going to love them...I didn''t think I could deal with H for an ering, but I love it.
30.gif
I am itching to see them on your ears...

E B

Ideal_Rock

If you''re anything like I was, you''re going to get them and go, "Are you kidding? I can''t see ANY yellow whatsoever. Those people insisting on colorless must be NUTS."

9.gif
10.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope so ladies...now that I look at the pic, I wonder if the warmth I am seeing is the pavillion of the right diamond reflecting off the table of the left. I think the one facing at an angle is actually a bit behind the one facing forward. I just think it''s weird that it looks so brown!

But, as I learned from melalu''s thread (and countless of others), these mag pics are not the ones to judge by!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 9:27:16 PM
Author: EBree

If you''re anything like I was, you''re going to get them and go, ''Are you kidding? I can''t see ANY yellow whatsoever. Those people insisting on colorless must be NUTS.''

9.gif
10.gif
Ditto that, I am sure you are going to love them!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG you won't see color woman. think about my big J. these stones are like...what? 1/20th of the size? *snark* hehe.

trust me, you won't see any color. just BLING.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 12:12:28 AM
Author: Mara
TG you won''t see color woman. think about my big J. these stones are like...what? 1/20th of the size? *snark* hehe.

trust me, you won''t see any color. just BLING.
*snort*

Just for that, I am going to send my PREGGO vibes your way. May your eggs burst forth and meet Greg''s attacking swimmers. May all your condoms have pinholes and birth control pills be placebos.

11.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
So when are these beauts arriving?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I"ve been meaning to write and say YEY YEY Hooray! to you (but so busy at work
15.gif
)

I too don''t think you''ll mind the colour...I just got my "I"s and I''m shocked at how white they face up. DH cant believe how white and sparkly they are. I''m curious to see how the bezelling turned out. I''ll be jelous I think...but I''ll save that for later.

Please photo-shoot for us! I''m really curious to see these!!
36.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
oh WOW! I think you just made WF some business! I WANT THOSE!!

I can''t wait to see ear shots!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
iwanna, they get here tomorrow. I don't know when I will be able to wear them, because TGuy has to give them to me. I am hoping my previously mentioned scenario is the one that will play out. Hehehe.

Melalu, I promise to take lots of pics...

Question for you stud owners. Do you insure them? I just got an email back from chubb this morning. They added the studs to my e-ring policy. I thought it would be a lot more to insure them (especially here in L.A.) but it cost me an additional yearly premium of only a mere $28! A bargain and now I feel MUCH better about wearing them!!! I think it was cheap because I have two policies currently with them.

ETA, you can blame Firegoddess Treysar!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, my studs are insured.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 12:20:21 AM

Date: 11/20/2007 12:12:28 AM
Author: Mara
TG you won''t see color woman. think about my big J. these stones are like...what? 1/20th of the size? *snark* hehe.

trust me, you won''t see any color. just BLING.
*snort*

Just for that, I am going to send my PREGGO vibes your way. May your eggs burst forth and meet Greg''s attacking swimmers. May all your condoms have pinholes and birth control pills be placebos.

11.gif
OH
MY
GOD!

hahahahahahaha ROTFLMAO

I''m DYING laughing here! Nicely done, TG!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 11:14:19 AM

Question for you stud owners. Do you insure them? I just got an email back from chubb this morning. They added the studs to my e-ring policy. I thought it would be a lot more to insure them (especially here in L.A.) but it cost me an additional yearly premium of only a mere $28! A bargain and now I feel MUCH better about wearing them!!! I think it was cheap because I have two policies currently with them.
I seriously don''t think you''ll see any color either.....I have (er, had) .55 J studs, and couldn''t see face-up color at all. In fact, in stones that small, I couldn''t really see any in side view, either.

No, I didn''t insure my studs because I could afford to replace one if lost. However, if it''s only $28 to insure them for a year.......I''d totally do it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 11:51:53 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 11/20/2007 11:14:19 AM

I seriously don''t think you''ll see any color either.....I have (er, had) .55 J studs, and couldn''t see face-up color at all. In fact, in stones that small, I couldn''t really see any in side view, either.

No, I didn''t insure my studs because I could afford to replace one if lost. However, if it''s only $28 to insure them for a year.......I''d totally do it.
Yeah, I trust that you and Mara are straight shooters enough to tell me what ya think about J''s...and I know you love them. Plus as Mara said, I''ve seen her J and all I saw was sparkle (although I didn''t grab and assault her hand/ring or anything).

Have ya got "PLANZ" too? I love your inspiration-al earrings, by the way. Those are my final final dream earrings...I''d never take them off. I''d want a carat each!

And doncha think Mara would make a FAB momma? I''ve seen her with Portia and she''s SUCH the SAP.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results