shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your wedding bands, ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a newlywed, but am getting married in July, and am looking for a wedding band, so I''m hoping to gather some ideas. I''d also like to see what you ladies chose as WB''s.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, you've seen mine but I"ll post anyways because there isn't much Mokume on these boards.

They are palladium and silver mokume gane bands, mine is 3 mm and his is 6.5mm, lined in white gold. Definitely substantial enough to wear on its own!

mokmtg.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
mine won''t give you much inspiration as my e-ring is my wedding band. we thought it was big enough and doesn''t need another ring next to it. his ring is actually designed by a formula 1 lover and is supposed to represent a tire, but he doesn''t care because he doesn''t like car racing. he just wanted a nice big fat ring.

noelwrrings.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mine is 2mm, and we had the same designer, Martin Flyer, make it to match the band on my Ering.

I also wanted something that had enough "substance" to be worn on its own.

ering and wedding band.JPG

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 9:27:35 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Hehe, you''ve seen mine but I''ll post anyways because there isn''t much Mokume on these boards.

They are palladium and silver mokume gane bands, mine is 3 mm and his is 6.5mm, lined in white gold. Definitely substantial enough to wear on its own!
I love looking at yours, MTG!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Mers, wow!!!! They look GREAT together!!!!!!!! I ADORE your ering!!!!

Noelwr, FI wants one of those tire looking bands, too!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Mine are in my current avatar, and here's a pic on my finger...

ETA: The band is from Blue Nile and cost about $1000 in platinum, I think 0.5 ct in diamonds total. It's a little thin to be worn on its own, but it could work. I haven't really tried.

jstar-closeup-finger.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not married yet, but we already have our rings...

IMG_6890%20sized.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is just a plain old shared prong eternity band.
The stones are 7.5 pointers. The stones in my engagement ring are 4.5 pointers.

Havensbandpsssssss.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
DH''s ring is a 6mm beveled edge tungsten band. He fell in love with the dark sheen of the tungsten, and to be honest it suited him much better than any of the gold or plat rings he tried on. My set is platinum. DH got my e-ring from Mark Morrell, and we went back to him for my wedding band. Thread here:
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/ladycielMWMsethand.jpg

ladypro8.jpg

ladycielMWMsethand.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine -- not a handshot, but still one of my favorites!

octaviaset1.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
2mm floral band with milgrain (in platinum) by Van Craeynest:

917wall1.jpg

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture from my honeymoon- the clear waters of St. Lucia! My band is .33 carats, 1.9mm. It''s pretty typical, but I thought i''d post it!

Honeymoooon140.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Octavia''s is a STUNNER in real life, seriously, that thing is a disco ball on the finger!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s ours. He went for an 18ct yellow 2 colour ring. Polished white gold outer with brushed yellow gold inner. Very nice and a lot more traditional than I thought he would go for. He was originally thinking about titanium or something more funky.

Mine is an 18ct white gold 5mm band set with 3 rows of tiny RB diamonds set half eternity.

I wanted something that looked like a traditional band with a blingy twist and also practical for work.

iTGLE0852.jpg

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine

pic95.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 1:43:14 PM
Octavia's is a STUNNER in real life, seriously, that thing is a disco ball on the finger!

Thank you, MTG! And it's so much better now that I can legitimately wear it, rather than sneak it out.
2.gif
You know I adore your mokume band, too! Still hope to get one for my hubs and maybe for myself someday...remind me which designer you used?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are my engagement ring, wedding band, and my husband''s band. We got his band from Bruce Boone, and mine rings are from WF. My band has a slight curve to it to allow for the trellis setting of m engagement ring not to be damaged. I wouldn''t have gone with a curved band but it was recommended, so we we went with it. I don''t wear the band on its own but I love the look of both rings together.

zoeandhubbyweddingbands.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Octavia!

I can't really recommend the person I used, it took me over a year to get my rings from him and even then there were problems, ugh. I'm sure you can find a lot of good mokume artists online though. :)

what kind of band is your hubby wearing now?

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Here are ours! DH''s is a 14k white gold comfort band. Mine has bead set diamonds with bezel set peridots (DH''s birthstone)

Rachiewedrings.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I seem to be the only one at the moment with a band wider than about 3mm...I see the trend leans towards thinner bands right now. Mine looks very chunky! I have a 4mm plain band too which looks less imposing.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
My w-ring is 18kt WG, combined channel/prong setting with 0.3 tcw of G/VS2 diamonds. We got it in a B&M store (pre-PS times).

IMG_0380res.JPG

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 5:53:47 PM
Author: Jena17
Here is mine
I would love to see a close up of those rings, they are gorgeous! I still am not sure what I am going to do about a wedding band.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Not the best close-up picture or anything, but I think it''s cool. We have matching palladium wedding bands, his 6.5mm, mine 3.5mm.

There are 4 full cut diamonds set evenly in both bands to represent the fact that we got married on the 4th of September. I love them.

katywirings.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Here's ours. DH's ring is Tiffany's 3mm milgrain wedding band in platinum. I think the thinner style looks really elegant on his finger. My ring is a RB eternity band in platinum from Leon Mege, the same designer who did my e-ring.

621_034a.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 1:02:20 PM
Thanks Octavia!

I can''t really recommend the person I used, it took me over a year to get my rings from him and even then there were problems, ugh. I''m sure you can find a lot of good mokume artists online though. :)

what kind of band is your hubby wearing now?

Ah, that''s right -- I forgot that you had trouble with the designer. I actually got a quote from Andrew Nyce when I was looking at bands for DH, but it was still above what I could spend at the time. Plus, in order to get the proper mokume effect, the bands need to be a bit thicker and he wanted something really skinny so it won''t get in his way when he''s working. He has a plain 2mm platinum half-round band that I got from BGD and he seems to like it.

CDNinNYC, it''s nice to see someone else whose hubby has a thinner band! I was worried that a skinny band wouldn''t look very "manly" on my DH but it actually works nicely.
1.gif

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I would say my ring is inadequate, but oh well! I''m looking forward to upgrading my e-ring, and that''s why my band is so simple. Mine is just 2mm white gold, and DH''s is tungsten carbide with black carbon fiber inlay. I was so pleased with how his came, and he loves it! He says that''s the only reason he hasn''t lost it yet.
20.gif

garzarings42608.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should probably add that mine is a 2mm domed heavy comfort fit in 14kt WG with polished finish, and his is a domed comfort fit in 14kt WG with satin finish. I feel very claustrophobic with more than 4mm on the inside of my finger, so 2mm it was, for both of my rings.

My mom''s w-band from the ''70s was 7mm (ish) carved 14kt or so. My dads was silver with turquoise inlay. She had a matching one, but I don''t know what happened to it.

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
missjaxon, here is the only close up I have, it''s not the best but you can get a better idea..

22jmsps97.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is the channel-set asscher band on the bottom. I originally had an asscher solitiare as my ering, but swapped the diamond for an H&A round brilliant. It is shown here with my shared-prong round band that I got for my third anniversary.

jjcstack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results