shape
carat
color
clarity

SF GTG July 21st?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Amber. I''ll check that place out. I hope its cheaper than the last time I was in the city. After 1 hr and 45 minutes they charged me a full day which was $31
22.gif
I thought that was crazy. I''m glad I was able to expense it
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 9:02:59 PM
Author: asscher_girl
Thanks Amber. I'll check that place out. I hope its cheaper than the last time I was in the city. After 1 hr and 45 minutes they charged me a full day which was $31
22.gif
I thought that was crazy. I'm glad I was able to expense it
36.gif
Parking garages are never cheap during the day on a weekend. But $31 for less than 2 hours is crazy! The link I posted has rates.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Snlee. Those rates look much better!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Definitely go to a city garage - Stockton-Sutter or 5th and Mission - they have regulated rates that they can charge you per hour and it will never exceed that unless you lose your ticket they give you on the way in, in which case they charge you for a full day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 7:03:19 PM
Author: Mara
*cough* i know i am not coming but i brunched with my gal friends last weekend at the Grand Cafe in Union Square which was fun, yummy and accomodated us nicely in a booth...just an idea if you guys were looking for suggestions. we shared a bunch of yummy eats for not too much $$.

http://www.grandcafe-sf.com/
Couldn''t open Lunch either... but opened the Brunch Menu and it looked pretty good. I''m on board with the grand cafe. Maybe I''ll make reservations there for 7 people as a fall back, in case we don''t find anything else?
33.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I can make the GTG this Saturday in SF. Sorry for not responding earlier, but I cannot post on Pricescope during work hours. Just a thought, why meet on Market St when most of the jewelry stores are around Union Square? Also Union Square is closer to the Sutter and Stockton parking structure. How about where we met last time at the square in front of the cafe Emporio? Since Gypsy started this GTG, I think she should decide on the place and time to meet for pre lunch shopping and place and time to meet for lunch, as some people may not be able to make the pre lunch shopping.

Widget: If you don''t mind me tagging along, I am interested in going to Gumps and Faber and Tenenbaum.

AN

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Here's what I propose:

Pre-lunch shopping/bling viewing
10:30-12:30
Meet at Emporio Rulli Il Caffe
333 Post St
(on the Post/Stockton corner of the actual Union Square)

Gypsy
AmberGretchen
neatfreak
asscher_girl
snlee

Late-comers meet for Lunch
12:30
Grand Cafe
501 Geary St
(Gypsy, you'll make the reservations for 7?)

widget
Art Nouveau

After lunch we'll do some more bling viewing.

widget and AN, you are welcome to join us before lunch but sounds like you want to do you own thing before lunch, which is totally fine!

If anyone else wants to join us, please post so we can make sure the reservation is correct!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Meeting at Emporio Rulli Il Caffe was a very central location to meet in terms of bling access last time, so I'm favoring it. It's about a block from Langs and 2 from Shreve... plus in the center of the square... so Tiffany etc are right there.

I don't need any special designation as the 'prompter' of this GTG. But I do like snlee's timeline and think it works well.

I think that maybe we'll say Emporio Rulli Il Caffe from 10:30 to 10:45 (for those who arrive a little late we'll stick around and have some coffee checking out each other's rings IRL)... then go to either Tiffany (and maybe look at neatfreak's ring in relation to the Novo) or Langs (YUM!). So that we are trackable from 10:30- 11:00 in case anyone is running behind.

Then we'll take it from there while working toward lunch somewhere (with the Grand Cafe as the fall back)....

And everyone checks here on Friday evening in case the lunch location has been updated.

For those taking Bart... just so all the information is in the thread... what are the closest Bart stations to Union Square again?

(YAY! I'm so glad Art N. is coming too!)

I'll make the reservations for 8 people actually. In case someone decides at the last minute they want to join! 12:30 reservation time is good for everyone?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
8 sounds good!

The closet Bart station is Powell St.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I may be able to make it - most likely for that lunch part. Hopefully I can come - would love to visit with everyone!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
All sounds fine to me. I will make a new post early this afternoon with the details for anyone who has lost this thread!

Is there an easy way to FIND each other? Or is this cafe out of the way enough that there aren't usually people gathering out front?

I can just hold my rings in the air like a schoolteacher on a field trip...
2.gif

And Gypsy, what name will the lunch reservation be under just in case people want to join just for that? Tiffany? Cartier? Leon Mege?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results