shape
carat
color
clarity

SF GTG July 21st?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
hmm...tough call between Union Square and Union St. Union St has more small, independent-type jewelry stores. Its generally cuter and quieter than Union Square, which is much more of a downtown feel, more crowded, but has all the really big jewelry stores plus Lang''s, which is arguably one of the nicest antique jewelry stores I''ve ever seen.

I''d be up for either - I go to Union St a bit less, but I really think either will be fun.

If we''re doing Union Square, I''d vote for eating at the new food court in the basement at the new San Francisco Center (basement of Bloomingdale''s) - they''ve got lots of different options, including a branch of the Slanted Door where you can sit and order stuff (yummy vietnamese stuff) and a lot of self-service booths, so everybody could pretty much get whatever they want - I know there is Thai, Mediterranean, Japanese, Korean, BBQ, crepes, Bear Papa cream puffs (YUM
18.gif
) and I''m sure I''m forgetting some others as well...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m pretty sure I can make it. I vote for Union Square because it''s easier to take public transportation there. I''m so lazy and don''t want to deal with parking in the city. Food court sounds good to me.

So far we have attending:
Gypsy
AmberGretchen
neatfreak
asscher_girl
snlee

I know we''re missing some other Bay Area people...who else can come?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not local, so I can''t speak for Union Street, but would be happy to go there if someone can give me some directions!

I do know the Union Sq. area pretty well, so that''s fine too. But I will leave the decision to someone more local!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Good point about the public transport to Union Squ snlee - I vote for that as well for that reason, it is much more widely served by public transport.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i've been to union square and union street with PS gals and you can definitely find beautiful jewelry all over the place at both places...and great eats. we just ate at the grand cafe in union square this last weekend, super yummy and great ambiance. ummm thinking about the store we visited last time gypsy, i think it was shreve & co...definitely nice baubles in there. langs for sure. you could hit 4-5 jewelry stores in square...and neimans too. union street is super cute, more boutiques, maybe less jewelry and more cute shopping. betelnut is tasty for food. dianne's for jewelry. and there was a GREAT jewelry store we found there that i can't remember the name of...but they had an amazing 4.3c G SI2 GIA graded stone with no visible inclusions and fabulously cut for ONLY $50k. lol re the only but it seemed like a bargain. i wanted it!!!

have fun gals. the next time there is a south bay or a pensinusla GTG, count me in!! sf is just harder to get to on a regular basis for moi esp in the middle of a busy summer.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I so wish I could make it, but am missing being in the area by a few hours! I land at SFO early Sat afternoon and am spending the rest of the day/eve with my best friend who lives in San Mateo. She sooo would''ve been up for a trip to the city for some bling window-shopping.

I''m in the bay area often, so I''ll catch y''all next time.

HAVE FUN!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara and Charger we will definitely miss you!

Mara -- it was Shreve, they had some nice stuff... but you are right there is a ton of stuff to browse there.

I'm good with eating at the food court too. Sounds like fun! Since Union Square is more public transportation friendly lets do that!

Where do you all want to meet? I was thinking the Coffee Shop right on the Square (I can't recall the name-- snlee?).

ETA: I just realized that without our award winning photographer (Mara) ... we might be shot and hung if we don't make photo arrangements!

Anyone have a decent camera they will bring? I don't, unfortunately have one. And my parent's is WAY complicated and large.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will have my camera with me, so I can bring it to the GTG. I have *NO* idea what coffee shop you''re talking about though. Why not make it easy and meet in front of Anthropologie or something (which is right across from the Bloomingdale''s/Nordstrom mall. There usually aren''t too many people standing outside there...

Or we can meet at the coffee shop, I just need to know where it is!

2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think meeting outside Anthropologie sounds good (although I may have trouble resisting going in - I LOVE their clothes
30.gif
30.gif
). I''ll bring my camera as well - its a good one (might be the same one as Mara''s, or if not, very similar). What time are we meeting again? 11:30? 12?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 2:56:21 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I think meeting outside Anthropologie sounds good (although I may have trouble resisting going in - I LOVE their clothes
30.gif
30.gif
). I''ll bring my camera as well - its a good one (might be the same one as Mara''s, or if not, very similar). What time are we meeting again? 11:30? 12?

Lol, maybe we should go early so we can shop!
11.gif

Anytime is fine with me. Gypsy? Did you have a preference?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
There''s always time for shopping...before or after the GTG...
27.gif
31.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Is it Emporio Rulli Il Caffe (333 Post St)? I just looked for coffee shops around that area and that one seems about right.

I'll bring my camera too. I was thinking, food court might not work out. I don't think it's the best place to look at each other's bling and take pictures. Maybe a restaurant would work better? What do you think?

Can we meet earlier to do some shopping before eating? 10:30 or 11?

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL...I''m so confused...what food court?? I sorta agree with Snlee that a food court may not be the best place for sharing goodies. And I don''t even know where Nordies/Bloomies mall is!
6.gif

I can definitely join you guys for lunch...but I have a couple of things I need/want to do. If my plans don''t suit you, maybe I can do my stuff before or after lunch.

I need to stop by Faber&Tenenbaum (next door to Shreves) to drop off a watch needing repair. They''re estate jewelry dealers on Post street. Also, I promised myself I''d look at Gumps the next time I''m in the city...they carry this line of jewelry:
http://www.mc2jewels.com/collection.php which I wanted to check out. Anyone else interested?

Anyhoo...here''s a map of union square...Just tell me where and when lunch is, and I''ll be there!
3.gif

widget

UnionSquareMap1.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Widget - see the big thing that says San Francisco shopping centre? Its at Market and 6th St, approximately on that map. That''s the big new center with the Bloomie''s and the Nordstrom''s and everything. I can meet in front of Anthropologie, which is right across Market St from that or at Emporio Rulli, the coffee shop in the square itself. I think Anthropologie might be a bit easier though, since as neatfreak pointed out, not a lot of people hang out in front of it so we might have a slightly easier time finding each other.

I''m fine to meet earlier at 10:30 or 11 and do more shopping before lunch. I''d also be fine if people don''t want the food court - I thought of it as a good place since its got lots of different food options and I''m not as familiar with the actual food options in the area, but if someone knows of a place with good food and nice bling lighting I''d be fine with that too
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 3:58:39 PM
Widget - see the big thing that says San Francisco shopping centre? Its at Market and 6th St, approximately on that map. That''s the big new center with the Bloomie''s and the Nordstrom''s and everything. I can meet in front of Anthropologie, which is right across Market St from that or at Emporio Rulli, the coffee shop in the square itself. I think Anthropologie might be a bit easier though, since as neatfreak pointed out, not a lot of people hang out in front of it so we might have a slightly easier time finding each other.

I''m fine to meet earlier at 10:30 or 11 and do more shopping before lunch. I''d also be fine if people don''t want the food court - I thought of it as a good place since its got lots of different food options and I''m not as familiar with the actual food options in the area, but if someone knows of a place with good food and nice bling lighting I''d be fine with that too
1.gif

Fine with me! I am going into SF on Friday to get our MARRIAGE LICENSE!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
And take FI to Nordstrom''s for their anniversary sale. SO I can scout a few restaurants and get back to people if that wouldn''t be too late...

Otherwise we could just meet in front of Anthropologie (which is at 870 Market St. right next to the huge GAP, not hard at all to find) and make a lunch plan from there...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''d be cool to meet in front of Anthropologie. My only concern with deciding lunch at the last minute though is that if Widget can''t join us for pre-lunch shopping she won''t know where to meet us. Widget - would Friday night be too late for us to settle on a lunch spot and you to still meet us? Do you think you''d be able to join us for shopping beforehand or does that not work with your schedule?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
At this point I'm going to say that I'm fine with whatever you all decide in terms of a meeting spot (I don't know where anthropology is though) and eating (agree that passing bling around the food court is a bad idea on second thought). I just want to get together and have fun looking at bling with you all!!

As for Widget's errands... um. As we've all seen Widget's collections, I think we should stalk her a bit and see what she is up to!
emotion-15.gif
34.gif

Timing is flexibile too. I'm going to be in the city all weekend. Litterally.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I am putting a plan out there. Lets meet in front of Anthropologie at 10:30 to do some ooogling/Widget's errands before lunch.

If anyone CANNOT meet at 10:30, let us know, then we can arrange a lunch plan ahead of time. Otherwise, is everyone ok with meeting IN FRONT of Anthropologie (otherwise known as 870 Market St. It's right where the Powell St. Trolley ends, right in downtown, about 3 blocks from Union Square)?

If I don't hear dissent over the next 24 hours to that plan, I will post another thread with that as the title to catch people's attention.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds good.

I was hoping someone would chime in on restuarants in Union Square area... I know more about Union STREET restuarants than Square ones. Sorry to be so little help!

We will need reservations though. I''ll around and see if anyone knows of a place to go. The place we went to last time was okay. Food was so-so, but the wait staff and lighting were good.
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 5:01:22 PM
Author: neatfreak
Ok, I am putting a plan out there. Lets meet in front of Anthropologie at 10:30 to do some ooogling/Widget''s errands before lunch.

If anyone CANNOT meet at 10:30, let us know, then we can arrange a lunch plan ahead of time. Otherwise, is everyone ok with meeting IN FRONT of Anthropologie (otherwise known as 870 Market St. It''s right where the Powell St. Trolley ends, right in downtown, about 3 blocks from Union Square)?

If I don''t hear dissent over the next 24 hours to that plan, I will post another thread with that as the title to catch people''s attention.
Sounds good to me! Now we just have to decide on where to eat. I''ll try to think of some options.

Attending:
Gypsy
AmberGretchen
neatfreak
asscher_girl
snlee
widget

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 5:22:38 PM
Author: Gypsy
Sounds good.

I was hoping someone would chime in on restuarants in Union Square area... I know more about Union STREET restuarants than Square ones. Sorry to be so little help!

We will need reservations though. I''ll around and see if anyone knows of a place to go. The place we went to last time was okay. Food was so-so, but the wait staff and lighting were good.
1.gif

That sounds great. I know restaurants in other areas of town, but unless we went all the way down to Embarcadero, I really haven''t had any great dining experiences near Union Sq.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 4:37:58 PM
I''d be cool to meet in front of Anthropologie. My only concern with deciding lunch at the last minute though is that if Widget can''t join us for pre-lunch shopping she won''t know where to meet us. Widget - would Friday night be too late for us to settle on a lunch spot and you to still meet us? Do you think you''d be able to join us for shopping beforehand or does that not work with your schedule?
No...that would be justfine! Even Sat morning would do.

I think I''d rather do my own thing before lunch. You guys need to remember that I''m an ol'' lady...while you''re looking for chic clothes, I''d be looking for ''depends'' lol.
20.gif

The only place I''ve eaten at lately in Uniion Sq is that deli on Maiden Lane. It''s kinda fun because you can eat at tables outside. (Nice if the weather''s good). Just a thought...

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
*cough* i know i am not coming but i brunched with my gal friends last weekend at the Grand Cafe in Union Square which was fun, yummy and accomodated us nicely in a booth...just an idea if you guys were looking for suggestions. we shared a bunch of yummy eats for not too much $$.

http://www.grandcafe-sf.com/

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 7:03:19 PM
Author: Mara
http://www.grandcafe-sf.com/
I've eaten there before! However, I can't remember what I ate and if the food was good. And I can't open the lunch menu on their website to jog my memory! I remember the atmosphere was nice and it would be better than the food court for sharing bling.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''m in for 10:30 at Anthropologie. I will be driving up from San Jose so 1. Anyone live around here and want to carpool? or 2. Any good parking spots someone can recommend?

I think the restaurant idea is better too for looking at bling
31.gif

Can''t wait to meet everyone!
9.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll bring my camera too!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
asscher girl - I''m driving too (not from your area though) and we usually park in the 5th and Mission garage - its on the expensive side, but convenient to where we''re going and they tend to have lots of parking spaces.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 8:50:52 PM
Author: asscher_girl
I will be driving up from San Jose so 1. Anyone live around here and want to carpool? or 2. Any good parking spots someone can recommend?
Unfortunately there''s hardly any street parking and spaces are limited to 1 or 2 hours. Here''s a few parking garage options: http://www.unionsquareshop.com/parking.html I think the Stockton - Sutter Garage is the most convenient and cheapest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results