shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for 8 main Cushion

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't buy the blue nile one. Not if you want something that is noticeably different than a round. You put that BN one in a halo and it is going to look like a round in a cushion shaped halo.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Good point.

But you know what I would really really do ... just buy an OEC :razz:

I used to love love cushions and I still do but I think I have converted over to round e-rings.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
CharmyPoo.. Is your 8 main still with you?

I need to look at more BN cushion (in a halo). Maybe I should explore antique cuts....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What Charmy likes is right for her. But you wanted an 8 main cushion. So I think you are fine sticking to that. If you get a chance to see some OECs and you love them. That's different. But don't by an OEC sight unseen instead of an 8 main cushion you want because of what someone else likes.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Buldor|1409872661|3745044 said:
CharmyPoo.. Is your 8 main still with you?

I need to look at more BN cushion (in a halo). Maybe I should explore antique cuts....

Yes, I still have it. I always debate on selling it but I never actually make the move. I think I only wore the ring for less than a month.

If I were to buy again, I would likely make the choice and buy the BN Signature cushion for modern or a true OMC. I have been looking for the perfect OMC for a long time and I am still kicking myself for passing one up not too long ago.

I am not trying to sway you away from a cushion. You have to decide what your gf wants most and get her what she wants. I can just say my tastes have changed over time and I was (still am) a huge huge cushion fan. I have bought many cushions for friends over the years but rounds are more popular in the past 1.5 years.

Here is a round brilliant in a halo - just wanted to show you how gorgeous a round halo can be:
7_3.jpg

10_2.jpg

Some OEC in halos ...
_21673.jpg

jbeg_tranny_9.jpg

Here is my new OEC with my cushion rings in the background
charmyoec01.jpg

And in the new setting ..
pattern_0.jpg

cwsk-outdoorpic.jpg
purplelights.jpg

For comparison, cushion halo on the same hand (pre-swelling)
CharmyPoo-MaytalHannah-Handshot8.jpg
CharmyPoo-MaytalHannah-Handshot6.jpg

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Yes Gypsy, roger that. Antique cut is almost non-existent in store here hence I had not seen any myself. Though I do like VC Antique and AVC, I am considering if that is the way to go.

Charmypoo, maybe you want to consider selling now? :love: :love:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Just another thought here; have you tried reaching out to Jon at Good Old Gold for your 8 main cushion diamond?
He is pretty good at finding fancy diamonds especially cushions.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Yes, we did. I got a round from them before and they are fantastic.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all have our own tastes. I am a round person and a MRB person at that, I do like that 8 main cushion style though as
an alternative choice, I am not in the market for any diamond at the moment though. I know Charmy is just telling
how her taste changed and that. For me though, I would never want an OEC diamond if I wanted a cushion, I see that as the
difference between round and square. I think you should hold out for your 8 main cushion. Reading your post it is not for
an engagement so as they say 'everything comes to he who waits'. We can't expect everything to be on the market when
we are looking and I think if more people took their time there wouldn't be so many changes of diamonds although that is what
makes this forum interesting to read and look at pictures of too at the same time.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Pyramid, I will continue looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results