shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for 8 main Cushion

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buldor|1409745744|3743947 said:
I had spent some time reading about BN Signature cushion and can't really find much pictures on it. BN website doesn't provide actual picture of the diamond? In this case, we will only buy based on certificate? This is something new to me and am surprised. But I have read that their performance is amazing, and its round H&A in cushion shape.

Do anyone here have any pictures to share please?

Look at the G-Cal report. It has an actual picture on it. Also you can ask BN for one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really think that ERD cushion is going to have a great ASET. Let's just wait to see that.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
We have some problem getting the ASET. It won't be ready and the vendor need to return the diamond by tomorrow. But accordingly to him, its a great stone and scored 8.5/10 based on his experience. So not I've got to decide if I want to purchase it based on the video and pictures provided.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Should I proceed further? Should I pay now and refund (subject to restocking fee of USD250) if the ASET does not turn out well?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do it. But it's up to you.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
If its a yes, who should I use to customize it? I am thinking to do full WG instead of Platinum.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
What type of setting and what's your budget? ERD does a great job so I would stick with them unless your budget is high enough for a SK, VC, LM. I would go with platinum over wg.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Charmy.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Yes it is. I went to local HW and love its details, there's diamond inside the "donut" (is this what it's called)?

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Buldor|1409726726|3743901 said:
Sweet pea: You upgraded your Cushion?

Gypsy: Yes! I am extremely nervous. I am afraid that I will make the wrong choice, and getting it just because I have been wanting so long and afraid to miss out. The feeling is so difference when I purchase my rounds. Cushion is so new to me and I really don't know what to expect.

This time round, I will get it custom made first so I won't be seeing the "naked" diamond. All these are adding to my indecisiveness and doubts. :wall:

well, i technically upgraded with a diamond, and a new man, because the engagement didn't work out. :cheeky:

these 8 main cushions are really needles in the haystack, esp one like the ERD one that Gypsy (and I) like the most. i worked really hard to find mine, and really really loved it. my tastes changed over the years but if i ever had to choose a cushion, i'd go back to the 8-main in a heartbeat.

Setting-wise, you can't go wrong with ERD either, they make great settings, and to get your setting and diamond in one place would save you a lot of headache (and maybe a discount??)

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
So we are all ready to go.. Pay and wait for ASET...research who to opt to set the Diva. Meanwhile I will also keep a look out for a bigger 8 main, the man just approved to go slightly bigger if this fail.

Do you ladies think this diamond will face up small? 7.08 by 7.07 by 4.67

I just went to HW today and tried the ring size. I managed to look at the GIA certs too, now I know how their plot looks like. Lol.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, if we can make do with this picture...

_21974.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a pass. The I from JA was much better.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
I would think so too but I was assured that its looking so much better in person and the ASET is not at its best. Mark mentioned that its a firecracker. Dilemma.

And he is not keen on me paying first and return if not happy with the actual. This I could totally understand as he will be with an extra stone stored in his inventory.

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
Ouch. That's a disappointing ASET. Tough call here

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't know what to tell you. Is the JA I still available?

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Yes, it's still available. Is it true that for fancy shape, we can't really just rely on it base on ASET?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Order the H from Blue Nile and return that one if you don't like it. There's also a G but it is a little smaller.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
I had seen a 8 main and love it. It's always in my top wish list to get it.

BGD cushion performance is good but I find the outline by the side to be too "stuff".

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you can see, just saying something is "8 main" doesn't really mean that much, they vary widely. WHAT is it about an 8 main that you like?

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
I like the facet patterns. :love:

I had seen bold chunky antique cuts, crashed ice look, and a few more of different plots, but the 8 mains speak to me more. I have H&A rounds so I am hoping not to get a H&A cushion. I had seen 4 mains too, but prefer a 8 main as there's more flashes (based on those I seen and compared).

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That you already have an H&A round complicates things.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What was the issue with the I from JA???

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The I from JA is nice. Just don't expect it to have big, bold flashes like your round.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Yes, all my rounds are H&As. One solitaire, 5-stone ring and another with pears as side. :love: :love:

The I is still available for me and likely I will opt for that. I am still awaiting for their reply if the stone face up white.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Just my 2 cents; I like the I 1.65 from James Allen. Aset was good and larger spread.
I would pick that one.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I would buy the Blue Nile one. I really think you won't regret it and the outline isn't as noticeable as you think.

But my tastes have changed over the years. I judge far more with my eyes now than with other tools. I also discovered I don't need perfection after years of searching for perfection. From my 8 main cushion to my AVC to my OEC ... and a bunch of smaller diamonds in between.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results