shape
carat
color
clarity

Scenes from JCK 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 10:04:59 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
i love those colors!!!! i'll take one of those necklaces once its set
emwink.gif
...oh yeah--i also need a LONG term payment plan...hahaha...looks like you had a lot of fun....any more bling pics? i can't believe that ring was 'only' 3.2 cts.....finger lipo is necessary one day
9.gif
I have a bunch of photos I would love to share but was only allowed to take for personal use.
5.gif
Some of the more compelling pieces were at the AGTA area. Though I can't post mine there are photos on the AGTA site. Here are 2007 winners and here is a link to past winners.

I did take some more shots of Richard Homer's collection and once I size the photos I'll put them up.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Many thanks to GIA for permitting photography of their museum collection:

A portion of the display was dedicated to the forthcoming book “American Cut, The First 100 Years” by Al Gilbertson and featured the tools of Bostonian Henry Morse, who predated Tolkowsky in his research and production of what we now consider ‘ideal’ proportions.More will follow on this subject.

IMG_4201_MorseTools.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

The book, which spans a century of such historical information, will be available from GIA in June and.The current asking price is only $29.99.More to come.

IMG_4204_AmericanCutBook.jpg

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Imagine Morse and Tolkowsky if they had computers and a Sarin/OGI/Helium.........or an ASET/PGS/Diamond Calc

Truly interesting how close they came with what they had to work with.

Rockdoc

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 2:09:06 PM
Author: RockDoc

Imagine Morse and Tolkowsky if they had computers and a Sarin/OGI/Helium.........or an ASET/PGS/Diamond Calc

Truly interesting how close they came with what they had to work with.

Rockdoc
Double ditto that. The tools back then and the fact that bruters (who made blue collar wages) were fined if the diamond came in underweight prevented any urgency to focus on precision, other than to save their own lunch.

This nerd has to run for now. More later.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 2:05:31 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
AGSL has produced an ASET set up for photography.Here is the USB digital camera inside the cylinder.
kewl
remember way back when ASET first came out I said that should have been the first thing they came out with instead of the desktop unit? :}
any sample pics?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2007 9:55:02 AM
Tourmaline display.

The violet colors are natural.The others were heat-treated to produce the blues and greens.

A little off topic, but does that mean that tourmaline are always naturally violet and the blue and greens ones are produced only by heat treatment? (Sorry for the side question here.)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/1/2007 6:12:52 PM
Author: strmrdr
Date: 6/1/2007 5:18:55 PM

Here''s a photo many Pricescopers will love: Richard Homer’s collection of concave faceted gemstones. It was a big hit at the party.A stunning and peerless assortment.

Did Wink borrow some for WinkTV???????

No, but I have several rings coming in for Wink TV from Vatche. Seems that the man went crazy and designed a whole line of the rings around Irina''s two designs. There is even a three stone that is to die for! They are sending me several rings next week so that I can show them. They are one of the hottest items in his line, all of his clients who see them are snapping them up for those of you who have been waiting!

Wink

P.S. I just got home about five minutes ago, and what do I do, come straight to the computer to see you all again. It was SO fantastic to see all of my fellow pricescope vendors at the show, I even finally got to meet Jonathon from GOG. We have talked to one another for years, but this is the first time we actually met. There is MUCH to report, but a full report will have to wait until I am rested up a little, it would be just so much rambling on at this point.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/4/2007 4:34:26 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Date: 6/4/2007 9:55:02 AM

Tourmaline display.

The violet colors are natural.The others were heat-treated to produce the blues and greens.

A little off topic, but does that mean that tourmaline are always naturally violet and the blue and greens ones are produced only by heat treatment? (Sorry for the side question here.)

No tourmalines are found in many many colors, including blue, green, pink, red, black, orange, etc.

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 8:29:58 PM
Author: Wink

No, but I have several rings coming in for Wink TV from Vatche. Seems that the man went crazy and designed a whole line of the rings around Irina's two designs. There is even a three stone that is to die for! They are sending me several rings next week so that I can show them. They are one of the hottest items in his line, all of his clients who see them are snapping them up for those of you who have been waiting!

Wink

P.S. I just got home about five minutes ago, and what do I do, come straight to the computer to see you all again. It was SO fantastic to see all of my fellow pricescope vendors at the show, I even finally got to meet Jonathon from GOG. We have talked to one another for years, but this is the first time we actually met. There is MUCH to report, but a full report will have to wait until I am rested up a little, it would be just so much rambling on at this point.
I hope Vatche plans on cutting a very large check to Irina's favorite charity.
Cant wait too hear your report.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Wink for the reply on the tourmalines.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 4:34:26 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Dee*Jay - Not a side-q at all. Thanks for asking... And anyone who has qs, please post them as well, especially regarding JCK. That''s what we''re here for. Since it''s only open to the trade this is a way of allowing you a small peek at the gem show - and some of the side show.

2.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 3:22:37 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 6/4/2007 2:05:31 PM
AGSL has produced an ASET set up for photography.Here is the USB digital camera inside the cylinder.
kewl
remember way back when ASET first came out I said that should have been the first thing they came out with instead of the desktop unit? :}
any sample pics?

I do recall that. I think a PS appraiser or two was calling for it as well.

Jim's sample model was having a technical difficulty. In fact, he was not displaying it the whole time because of that and was kind enough to bring it out so I could pass some photos along to you. We'll get some sample pics before long methinks.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Finally home and glad to see my own bed!Here are the last of my photos.

I was able to get a few more images of Richard Homer's stones when he retired to a private room to show them to Brian Gavin.

IMG_4274_Brian-Richard.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

This is a 20.50 ct Amethyst on Lesley Harris’ hand.I believe Richard called this a triumvirate cut (or triumuirate) – Wink can let us know.

IMG_4267_LesleyHand.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

We were excited to have the opportunity to share a final dinner out with our Belgian friends. They are as strict in their standards for food and drink as they are with cut, so we were pleased when they were pleased with a fine American Institution.

IMG_4285_RuthsChris.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results