shape
carat
color
clarity

Scenes from JCK 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Wednesday and Thursday of JCK featured educational sessions on several different tracks.Al Gilberston of GIA presented a phenomenal overview of the “American Cut” (what has become known as the “Ideal Cut”).

IMG_4015_AlG.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Part of Mr. Gilbertson’s talk mentioned the first recorded ray-tracing diagram - from 1903!We’ll cover much more of this insightful presentation later on.

IMG_4001_RayTrace.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Peter Yantzer gave a workshop that reinforced AGSL research and development in light performance, with a sneak preview of their forthcoming scintillation metric:There are very exciting developments to share.Pricescopers will appreciate the due diligence AGSL is putting into these studies…and what’s been released so far will thrill, delight and excite you.

IMG_4022_Peter.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Last year this writer was chastised for overlooking some finger blingers

6.gif
… So this year I snapped some hand shots at lunch.Here is Lieve’s buffet of beauty.
3.gif

IMG_4033_Lieves-Hands.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Many Pricescopers will be delighted to see this photo of colored gemstone cutter Richard Homer.A friend to all of us, and bringer of great joy to many of you!

IMG_4061_Richard.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cooee Sir John! Thought I would keep you company again this year too!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

We had a family style dinner. 'Twas much ado about fishy thingys.Also, a very cool brick trick; they provided this 400 degree rock to place thin slices of NY strip on... Sizzle... Mmmmm...

IMG_4066_HotRock.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Wednesday was filled with great information and fun reunions. Several of us finished the day thinking of you wonderful people on PS…And our loved ones at home of course.

1.gif
...More tomorrow.

IMG_4069_OnMyMind.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 5:01:23 AM
Author: Lorelei

You know that I love tradition Miss Lorelei.
1.gif
It''s 2 bells though, so I''m to bed. More later... Always a pleasure m''lady.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2007 5:11:17 AM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 6/1/2007 5:01:23 AM

You know that I love tradition Miss Lorelei.
1.gif
It''s 2 bells though, so I''m to bed. More later... Always a pleasure m''lady.
It has indeed become a tradition for us now! Sweet dreams Sir John
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics John.

No idea on the "rock", except, big.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2007 7:14:49 AM
Author: Ellen

No idea on the ''rock'', except, big.
9.gif
I am thinking at least 5 carats....YUMMO whatever it is and ICY WHITE!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 7:20:04 AM

Date: 6/1/2007 7:14:49 AM
Author: Ellen

No idea on the ''rock'', except, big.
9.gif
I am thinking at least 5 carats....YUMMO whatever it is and ICY WHITE!
31.gif
LOL!

If I''d HAD to guess, it would have been 4+. It''s just so hard to tell by pics, and not knowing finger size.... But yeah, it''s huge.
9.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s great to see you all having fun
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing these pics!! Can''t wait to hear all about it!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for keeping us in the loupe...I''m so funny, I have to laugh at myself
3.gif
Don''t tease with Debi''s gorgeous rings.
Tell us the specs
2.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What surprised me in the educational sessions was the positive attitude of many present retailers (mainly B&M) to adapt to a changed world, to embrace the Internet, to want to know the need of their consumers and to become truly competitive. This attitude was totally different from the ''so-what-attitude'' of the past years.

If I read this correctly, you can expect many B&M''s to finally become the educated professionals that are ready to give you the service that you deserve. It might lead to true competition for the vendors here, which might spring up in your own backyard.

If this materializes, it will be a fantastic development, not only for the consumers, but also for the suppliers and vendors involved in the high cut-quality-market, because it will greatly increase the availability and the total turnover of the high cut-quality. In other words, our nich will grow, and everyone involved will benefit from this.

To me, this was the most important message from the educational sessions, of course on par with the new cut-research of AGS.

Live long,

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Paul (and all),

Thanks for writing. Encouraging to hear.

Not sure how to say this...but by way of example then especially...pleasant to see your collaboration...while still understanding you are competitors.

Consistent with this...inasmuch as the talk is scintillation...it would be good to see the ways you are able to learn from each other...since...with the general language to describe this being in place for some time...it is not surprising to see different efforts towards research...including AGS, Sergey and the DC team, and the makers of GEMEX. How nice if diverse efforts could be compared and learned from, in the spirit of collaboration...while appreciating your individuated positions.

Warm regards,

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I think Paul is right on target, above. I wrote my posts earlier so please forgive if some of what I''ve written overlaps his comments.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, Lorelei & RisingSun - Debi''s hand is petite so it''s actually not as big as you might think from the photos. It''s a mere 3.2 carats. You may be surprised to know it''s an I color. It''s a wonderful example of an I that faces up extremely well.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 4:53:13 AM

Peter Yantzer gave a workshop that reinforced AGSL research and development in light performance, with a sneak preview of their forthcoming scintillation metric:There are very exciting developments to share.Pricescopers will appreciate the due diligence AGSL is putting into these studies…and what’s been released so far will thrill, delight and excite you.

okay john, in the background here is a poster of a claude T ring, you know the ones with the "scintillaton chambers" or wells or whatever we wish to call them.... like the one being made for my stone.... was that brought up? I know I said the "s" (scintillation) word, but could you at least give a morsel about what he may have said about the ring? I''m curious to compare asets of my stone before/after setting to see if there is any discernable difference.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 4:39:24 PM
Ellen, Lorelei & RisingSun - Debi''s hand is petite so it''s actually not as big as you might think from the photos. It''s a mere 3.2 carats. You may be surprised to know it''s an I color. It''s a wonderful example of an I that faces up extremely well.
John,
Is it an ACA?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results