shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarah Palin on SNL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think Palin''s presence really did anything to improve her image (not surprising though).
The Suze Orman segment was REALLY funny. I have always liked Suze!
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I haven''t seen the rap or I missed it. I really need to get some sleep, but I feel compelled to watch the whole hour. There is no denying that Palin is a pretty woman. I was disturbed by her in boots though. I did raise my eyes when I saw her wearing them in a picture of one of her first days as Governer, but I thought she looked good, so it didn''t bother me.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the Suze Orman segment was pretty funny, but mainly because they had Suze''s mannerism down to a T.

I didn''t hear any racist comments against Michelle Obama
33.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 3:12:34 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Yeah, the Suze Orman segment was pretty funny, but mainly because they had Suze's mannerism down to a T.

I didn't hear any racist comments against Michelle Obama
33.gif

What racist Obama comment?
33.gif

ETA: Oops sorry Miracles, should have quoted brazen I am getting sleepy! I am echoing your confusion.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I just saw the rap scene. I dont'' think it was in good taste or very respectful of a V.P. candidate. I think Palin was a good sport, but I didn''t think they needed to do the overkill on the gunshots. It wasn''t awful, but I still they could have done a better job for her.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched the opening and the rap skits on NBC's website. I thought the Governor was charming, really. At ease and a good sport about the whole thing. Will it help the campaign? I doubt it. But it might help humanize her a bit. To me at least she seemed much warmer and appealing in these brief skits, when she's basically reacting to what's going on around her, than when she's delivering scripted lines in a speech.

Alec Baldwin did look a bit off his mark. I think BIH hit the nail on the head -- given the rancor in the campaign, the script was probably a little too close to reality for comfort.

I didn't get to see the red boots though.
7.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I fell asleep before I got to see Amy Poehler rap, but I just watched it on NBC.com and it was HILARIOUS! I agree that Palin was basically a prop, but oh well-I''m sure SNL got their ratings boost.

In the first skit I loved Alec Baldwin (I HEART HIM!) saying it to her face, although it felt a little uncomfortable to watch because it was so real! Not the best SNL I''ve watched, but there were a few gems.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
That rap was too close to the truth to be funny. I laughed, at first, and then read the lyrics
23.gif
SNL nailed Palin to the wall...again, and I don't like Palin.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 1:14:33 AM
Author: goobear78
Date: 10/19/2008 1:05:48 AM
Author: decodelighted
I did like her patent leather tall boots!
They are f**k me boots for crying out loud.
Aw c''mon ... f**k me boots would have a much more narrow heel. Her had a beefy, walk around the city heel look. Maybe they were "pay me if you wanna f**k me" working girl boots.
31.gif

** but I''ll take a pair **

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 3:55:48 AM
Author: VRBeauty
I just watched the opening and the rap skits on NBC''s website. I thought the Governor was charming, really. At ease and a good sport about the whole thing.
I don''t know, I thought she looked really uncomfortable during the "rap" with Amy Poehler. Look at her face at the end of the skit, it''s like she realized they totally made fun of her and at that point I don''t think they we laughing with her as much as laughing at her.

As to helping or hurting her campaign. I don''t think it will do either. She called and asked to come on and I give her credit for that.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t think she looked uncomfortable at all.

I am confused about the racist comment too...was it in another part of snl? If it''s in the palin skits I''m not catching it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the racist comment was under the video on the NBC website.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 2:43:56 PM
Author: thing2of2
I think the racist comment was under the video on the NBC website.

Thanks for clearing that up Thing, that would make more sense!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
SNL had their highest rated show in 14 years...17 million...3 million dropped off after the Palin skits were done.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 1:10:14 PM
Author: mrssalvo
SNL had their highest rated show in 14 years...17 million...3 million dropped off after the Palin skits were done.

Wow! Yeah I was one of the people that dropped off. Heh heh!
1.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I almost fell off the sofa from laughing so hard at the "motherhumpin'' moose!'' part. I''ve replayed the rap on my DVR a couple of times now; my take was that Sarah Palin totally got the joke of the inherent irony of a poised/white-woman/40-something/mother of 5/conservative governor of a western state planning to perform a borderline profane East Coast Rap, replete with the commonplace-yet-absurd self-aggrandizement of the genre. ("But when I be VP, all the leaders in the world gonna finally meet me!... Yo, I''m Palin, I''m OUT!")

BTW, Deco, I *LOVE* your posts. What a great link.

f-d-l

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results