shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarah Palin on SNL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Anyone watching?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 11:35:10 PM
Author:SarahLovesJS
Anyone watching?
yeps

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m on the West Coast, but I''d love to hear how she does in advance. As much as I''m not a fan, I''d hate to see her completely bomb.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
It was funny so far, but I am wondering if the first few minutes is all she''ll do. We''ll see I guess, but I won''t say anything else.
1.gif
Don''t want to spoil it just in case!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
spoiler alert

** my analysis, as someone who produces comedy from time to time: she must not have had any sense of humor or acting chops if that''s all they did with her. And it seems clear that Tina Fey didn''t want to have to work with her, so they let Alec Baldwin be the "heavy". Least memorable, least funny politician appearance I can recall. JMHO.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
I loved Alec and Marky Mark.
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your opinion Deco!
2.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
watching.

um, why don''t I understand commercials anymore?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 11:49:04 PM
Author: swimmer
watching.

um, why don''t I understand commercials anymore?

I have a question..why don''t I get most of the jokes anymore. I got the Macgrueber(sp) skit..but the engagement one..I was like: "ummm?"
33.gif

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
oh, I love Marky Mark. LOVE''eM!
30.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I am! Lol-ed at the first scene, but I hope she comes back again because it was short! I am pretty sure most people can guess what I think of Palin''s politics [
2.gif
], but it''s heartening that she has enough of a sense of humor to come on the show.

Tina Fey cracks me up, though. Even a lot of the most gung-ho Republicans think some of Palin''s traits are weird, and/or over the top, and she does a humorous job capturing that, imo!

As for the rest of SNL, I don''t usually think it''s funny, but I''m rather hard to please.
20.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Haha Wishful I am glad I am not the only one that doesn''t really get SNL anymore.
5.gif
I guess we''re getting old or something.
11.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I completely missed it!!!!!!

DH was watching football and I was typing up a paper for school. Ugh.

Off to search youtube....

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
the moose being shot down was a nice touch

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I LOLed at that point.
9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Oh, too funny. I missed the first part though, darn it. You tube it is!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
I love Amy Pohler. Love her!

Amy''s skit in the bar was great, but her rap as Palin was brilliant!

They just totally made fun of her to her face. Yikes!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Leaving partisan politics aside...

does anyone else think it''s just a *leetle* bit sad that this is what the election has come to right now? I mean... it''s a circus on both sides. Maybe it''s because I''m a poli sci student, but I think it''s... weird. To say the least.

Fake snow. Rapping. And dead moose. Wtf?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I dunno Wishful I''m a poli sci student like you and well..it''s kind of always been a circus..we just get to watch it on TV now.
31.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
But with stuffed moose? This is a special kind of circus. I''d go so far as to argue that a circus of this magnitude is made possible only *by* TV/mass media, and this election is possibly the worst in terms of the amount of time spent on truly stupid details that derail the conversation from politics to convoluted attempts at humor...

Maybe I am just overly irritated, but I am *SO* sick of this election I could just scream. I am sick of reading about it, I am sick of hearing about it, I am sick of thinking about it. I soooo wish it was just over with already! /offtrack ranting
2.gif

I am also old and grumpy, for sure.
3.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
That was really boring and unmemorable. I'm kind of upset that an hour of my life was wasted on it. I am reminded of why I don't watch SNL, and why Palin has been such a boon for them. The show is worse than I remembered...
14.gif
Still love Tina Fey!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 12:35:44 AM
Author: WishfulThinking
But with stuffed moose? This is a special kind of circus. I''d go so far as to argue that a circus of this magnitude is made possible only *by* TV/mass media, and this election is possibly the worst in terms of the amount of time spent on truly stupid details that derail the conversation from politics to convoluted attempts at humor...

Maybe I am just overly irritated, but I am *SO* sick of this election I could just scream. I am sick of reading about it, I am sick of hearing about it, I am sick of thinking about it. I soooo wish it was just over with already! /offtrack ranting
2.gif

I am also old and grumpy, for sure.
3.gif

Haha yeah I have to FORCE myself to take election breaks. I screamed at some commercials earlier..soooo I made myself play some WoW and have a drink. So I understand.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The opening was ok, but to me kind of lame. Alec Baldwin, I love, but even he seemed uncomfortable. Don't blame him, the script was so awkward. I was thinking she'd do more... Too bad, she fell short IMHO. The writers should have had her doing more, but who knows what she was allowed to do?? The McCain peeps probably wanted her to make it short and sweet. But it was too short, so she missed out on making any kind of impact....

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I have to give props to Alec for even doing that, I am surprised to see that he could stomach it! Good job of maintaining professionalism, definitely.
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
If this is the first time folks have watched SNL in a while, it was a particularly bad week. Has been great this season so far.

I did enjoy Amy Poehler''s rap bit ... but, again, Palin herself was merely a prop. I guess people will think she''s a good sport or something? Not sure how that helped her. But I did like her patent leather tall boots!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 1:05:48 AM
Author: decodelighted
Not sure how that helped her. But I did like her patent leather tall boots!

I''m sorry, but those boots are completely inappropriate for someone who is running for VP and wants to be taken seriously. They are f**k me boots for crying out loud. But she did look good in them.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

E B

Ideal_Rock
Well, I saw it. Not as awkward as I thought it''d be. You could tell Alec was uncomfortable, though.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I just watched it on NBC and the third comment was racist against Michelle Obama. I can''t believe the election has gotten so bad that it has come to this.

On a lighter note, I just didn''t think Palin was funny as she didn''t do anything, just kind of stood there. Props to Baldwin ; must have been kind of fun for him to say those things to her face though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results