shape
carat
color
clarity

SappFIRE...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come check this out after reading about it on the spinel post. Wow! My pink sapphire ring is as lively as a diamond too. Sapphires are amazing and your yellow sapphire is lovely! Very nice photos of fire too.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Dang woman!! That is incredible!!!

I am not up on sapphires, and realize this may be offensive to ask...but if you were to color grade that againist a yellow/canary diamond...how would it fare? I mean your sapphire color more golden than that of a fancy yellow? I can see the color is vivid here on the moniter...but can really grasp the intensity having never seen a yellow sapphire.

What was your reason for going yellow as apposed to the other sapphire colors? Did you fall for the fire first? I think after seeing your beauty...I need one too! It is a lovely lively stone showcased in a spectacular setting. ENVY!!!!

DKS

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! The color of your stone is so lemony-luscious!!!

And the pave halo really makes it pop! Yay for fire!!!

18.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! I am a HUGE fan of yellow sapphires. Mine is actually a lot like yours - who is the designer? Mine is by Martin Flyer. My stone is a bit more orange than yours I think - so many shades & I love them all! I love it when I take mine outside - it just becomes neon yellow and so shiny.
1.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 12:26:36 AM
Author: marcyc
I had to come check this out after reading about it on the spinel post. Wow! My pink sapphire ring is as lively as a diamond too. Sapphires are amazing and your yellow sapphire is lovely! Very nice photos of fire too.

Thanks, I would love to see some photos of your pink, sounds beautiful as well
18.gif

Author: door knob solitaire

Dang woman!! That is incredible!!!

I am not up on sapphires, and realize this may be offensive to ask...but if you were to color grade that againist a yellow/canary diamond...how would it fare? I mean your sapphire color more golden than that of a fancy yellow? I can see the color is vivid here on the moniter...but can really grasp the intensity having never seen a yellow sapphire.

What was your reason for going yellow as apposed to the other sapphire colors? Did you fall for the fire first? I think after seeing your beauty...I need one too! It is a lovely lively stone showcased in a spectacular setting. ENVY!!!!

DKS

Thanks!!! I would say that my stone would grade either Fancy Intense or Fancy Vivid. (And no offense taken) I choose yellow since I wanted a stone that had color to it but would not over power with color. (if that makes any sense). I love blue and pink sapphires but for a ring worn everyday I wanted to color to be a little understated and something that would blend in a little more with the diamonds in my setting. Hope that made some sense... LOL

ETA -- Here is a thread that might answer some of your questions. Posts by Colored Gemstone Nut and gemmy1 give some good information. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yellow-sapphires.49647/

Author: Evelynn
Lovely! The color of your stone is so lemony-luscious!!!

And the pave halo really makes it pop! Yay for fire!!!

Thanks so much, I love the color of my stone
3.gif

Author: LadyAmythyst69
Love it! I am a HUGE fan of yellow sapphires. Mine is actually a lot like yours - who is the designer? Mine is by Martin Flyer. My stone is a bit more orange than yours I think - so many shades & I love them all! I love it when I take mine outside - it just becomes neon yellow and so shiny.

The designer is a jeweler that is local to me. I don't think he lists his stuff on the Internet...
I would LOVE to see a picture of your ring, I just absolutely adore sapphires, and yours sounds lovely.
18.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is such a beautiful stone and ring!!! I know I posted earlier but your avatar is beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PoshPepper. Here is my pink sapphire ring. The sapphire is about 6 to 6.5 mm and the diamonds are 1/5 a carat.

wgpnksap.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Skippy --- Thanks again for the compliments!!!

1.gif

marcyc --- wow, I really like the color of your pink sapphire, a little lighter in color (which I love!) but still so saturated, it looks like it would sparkle like crazy! Thanks for posting it up for me

9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem. It is really a nice stone; I like it. I am so loving your yellow sapphire; I have been wanting to get one in a ring too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results