shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad video

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t call a poster racist or ignorant. Someone asked where the people in the video got their information, and I responded that they could have gotten it from oshinbreeze''s thread. I already explained that the "videos" linked were a smear campaign. To beat this dead horse even further, people get ignorant and racist information from smear campaigns.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 1:43:31 PM
Author: MaggieB
I didn''t call a poster racist or ignorant. Someone asked where the people in the video got their information, and I responded that they could have gotten it from oshinbreeze''s thread. I already explained that the ''videos'' linked were a smear campaign. To beat this dead horse even further, people get ignorant and racist information from smear campaigns.

Well, I thought you were asking if calling another poster racist and ignorant would be an attack, so sorry for the confusion, but guess what I agree with you that is where many people get racist and ignorant info.
2.gif
As for osinbreeze''s thread..I really don''t think she is trying to indoctrinate people via racist and ignorant info. It is just a conspiracy theory afterall, I really don''t see how it is racist, but that''s just my personal opinion.
1.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 7:34:36 AM
If I were going to personally attack oshinbreeze, I would say something like, I don''t take political advice from someone whose avatar shows them frantically spanking Tinkerbell. It''s not a level of maturity that I relate to.
20.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Deleted.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 1:34:44 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Date: 10/17/2008 7:29:19 AM

Date: 10/17/2008 1:21:02 AM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 10/16/2008 4:55:06 PM

Date: 10/16/2008 4:53:38 PM

Author: aprilcait

Date: 10/16/2008 4:45:05 PM

Author: EBree

Date: 10/16/2008 4:41:37 PM

Author: aprilcait

The people stating with absolute confidence that he is not Christian, that he is related to or has ties to Osama Bin Laden... where do they get this from???
20.gif
38.gif

I''m guessing a) their equally ignorant friends and family and/or b) poorly written chain emails.

Sadly enough, I think you''re dead-on, EBree.

Or perhaps they are getting their information from oshinbreeze''s lovely thread.

Let''s try to avoid personal attacks, okay?

It''s a personal attack to call a racist ignorant?

Um to call another poster ignorant and racist is a personal attack for future reference, btw. But with that note as I expressed to Thing I won''t try to help you out. So I''ll stop.
2.gif

Sarah,
In this case I believe you are the one making the inference connecting oshinbreeze and ignorance. It is pretty clear to us that the ignorant and racist remark addresses the nature of a group of chain email and video tapes. Perhaps your own personal feeling had influenced the interpretation of the statement?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 1:46:27 PM
Author: luckystar112

If I were going to personally attack oshinbreeze, I would say something like, I don't take political advice from someone whose avatar shows them frantically spanking Tinkerbell. It's not a level of maturity that I relate to.

20.gif

I am sorry Luckystar112, if we don't all measure up to your level of angelical gracefulness.
I sure admire your ability of learing from McCain to take things out of context though.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 4:07:20 PM
Author: zhuzhu

If I were going to personally attack oshinbreeze, I would say something like, I don''t take political advice from someone whose avatar shows them frantically spanking Tinkerbell. It''s not a level of maturity that I relate to.

20.gif

I am sorry Luckystar112, if we don''t all measure up to your level of angelical gracefulness.
I sure admire your ability of learing from McCain to take things out of context though.
I claimed to be angelic and graceful?! Show me where. I sure admire your ability to take things out of context as well.
2.gif

But how did I take Maggie''s statement out of context? I quoted the part I was responding to, and then I didn''t even respond in words, I responded with an emoticon!

Maggie is defending the accusation of a personal attack by responding with a "hypothetical" personal attack...which in itself was an insult toward Oshinbreeze. Perhaps you are interpreting the last sentence of her post, "It''s not a level of maturity I relate to" to reference personal attacks in general. I''m taking it to mean she won''t take what Oshinbreeze says seriously because she can''t relate to the "maturity" of her tinkerbell avatar (like people outside of a diamond forum don''t think it''s a bit bizarre to take pictures of your ring on a flower petal).

What did Oshinbreeze do, besides piss Maggie off by her thread? And why couldn''t maggie confront Oshinbreeze in the thread that she started, instead of here, in an attempt to "smear" her?

Anyway, you can keep working on "figuring me out" though. LOL! Let me know how that goes.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 4:43:26 PM

Date: 10/18/2008 4:07:20 PM

20.gif

I am sorry Luckystar112, if we don''t all measure up to your level of angelical gracefulness.
I claimed to be angelic and graceful?! Show me where. I sure admire your ability to take things out of context as well.
2.gif

But how did I take Maggie''s statement out of context? I quoted the part I was responding to, and then I didn''t even respond in words, I responded with an emoticon!

Maggie is defending the accusation of a personal attack by responding with a ''hypothetical'' personal attack...which in itself was an insult toward Oshinbreeze. Perhaps you are interpreting the last sentence of her post, ''It''s not a level of maturity I relate to'' to reference personal attacks in general. I''m taking it to mean she won''t take what Oshinbreeze says seriously because she can''t relate to the ''maturity'' of her tinkerbell avatar (like people outside of a diamond forum don''t think it''s a bit bizarre to take pictures of your ring on a flower petal).

What did Oshinbreeze do, besides piss Maggie off by her thread? And why couldn''t maggie confront Oshinbreeze in the thread that she started, instead of here, in an attempt to ''smear'' her?

Anyway, you can keep working on ''figuring me out'' though. LOL! Let me know how that goes.
These attacks sound pretty darn personal to me.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
STOP THE INSANITY of this thread snarking and snipping.
Not productive!

Can a McCain supporter of any party please comment on the video in the original post? Yes, its much easier to natter on about nothing, but I want to hear your responses to this video, I believe that is why it was posted. Lots of lefties replied, and yes, you want us to think that you are different than the ignorant extremists, just like you know none of us wear "Palin is a c***" t-shirts, but how do YOU who are going to vote for M&P respond to these guys?

I am not a net nanny, i just see no point in arguing like teenagers, I get enough of that in the high schools, waste of time for clever women to stoop to such nonsense.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 4:04:42 PM
Sarah,

In this case I believe you are the one making the inference connecting oshinbreeze and ignorance. It is pretty clear to us that the ignorant and racist remark addresses the nature of a group of chain email and video tapes. Perhaps your own personal feeling had influenced the interpretation of the statement?

Hi zhuzhu, how are you?
5.gif
If you read some of the posts above it looks like she was referring to Oshin's birth certificate thread not necessarily just what is on this thread. And I'm really still not seeing how that's racist since the same charges were lodged against McCain. Just wanted to make that clear, but I'm not going to respond to anything else because like Swimmer said this is downright silly.
2.gif

ETA: Sorry swimmer forgot to respond to your post and the OP. I think it's horrible for people to be walking around spewing stupid racist crap just like the sexist C*NT t-shirts. I think both of our party fringes and mindless followers make me sick. That pretty much sums it up!
1.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, to everyone who is piping in to defend me - thank you very much. I really appreciate it. However, I am going to ask you stop. I have to leave for a few hours to take my son to our church fall festival, and I shudder to think what will be said about me while I''m gone if I keep getting defended.

I''ll be back later and will respond. If the thread is still up.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Ok, got it.

Poking fun at Oshinbreeze and her avatar: Not a personal attack
Implying that I am anything but angelic and graceful: Not a personal attack
Calling people out for these things: personal attack.

Learn something new everyday!!!

As for the video, I find it weird that republicans on pricescope are called upon to "respond" to this nonsense, like we represent these people. It''s unfortunate that people from both campaigns are so full of hatred and ignorance...but when videos are posted here showing how supporters act on the other side no one is forcing the dems to respond. I think we can all agree that stereotypes like these are wrong.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky''s email:

Maggie is defending the accusation of a personal attack by responding with a ''hypothetical'' personal attack...which in itself was an insult toward Oshinbreeze. Perhaps you are interpreting the last sentence of her post, ''It''s not a level of maturity I relate to'' to reference personal attacks in general. I''m taking it to mean she won''t take what Oshinbreeze says seriously because she can''t relate to the ''maturity'' of her tinkerbell avatar (like people outside of a diamond forum don''t think it''s a bit bizarre to take pictures of your ring on a flower petal).

What did Oshinbreeze do, besides piss Maggie off by her thread? And why couldn''t maggie confront Oshinbreeze in the thread that she started, instead of here, in an attempt to ''smear'' her?

My response:

Hi everyone, I''m back! I hope you had a very nice night, as I did:)

Gosh, where to begin. I will try this one last time. I doubt if I will respond again. Who knows though, maybe I''ll get frustrated by the Casey Anthony coverage again tomorrow and look for something else to think about.

I was asked, why couldn''t I confront oshinbreeze in the thread that she started. I fully responded to oshinbreeze in the thread that she started. I believe I was the first response. Please refer to the thread.

Again, beating this dead horse into a coma, I did not originally make a personal attack on anyone. I could have mentioned McCain or McCain Supporters in the thread title - didn''t. I didn''t say in my original post - look at these McCain losers. I said nothing. No comment. I could have said "Pray for Obama." I said "Pray for our candidates."

At the exact same time that I was sharing this disgusting video, another PS-er was posting a "video" espousing the same line of garbage. ONLY SUPPORTING IT. I don''t care if you are a Republican. A lot of my favorite people are Republicans. None of them however support racist attacks against their fellow man. Most of them are sick at the good name of their party being sacrificed to pander for votes.

I saw Oshinbreeze''s thread. I opened it up. Here are the words to the first video: "Who is this man who calls himself Barack Hussein Obama? What is his religion?" I immediately closed the video. As I already previously stated, I am not interested in smear campaigns. What I SHOULD have said, but didn''t out of respect for the original poster, is that I find them reprehensible. Beyond defense.

When I took Ethics, my professor opened the first class telling about how he got hired at the college in the 60''s. He said he desperately wanted to get asked to join faculty. He visited campus with his wife, attended a party, and at the party a faculty member told a joke that the punch line was a racial slur. All of the other faculty members laughed. He wanted to work at the college, so he laughed too. He said it has haunted him for the last forty years. Whether you commit the slur, or listen to it and say nothing, it''s the same. You are for or against.

I heard an attack on a decent man that was based on his ethnicity (Hussein) and insinuating that a religion (not even his by the way) is evil. It''s wrong. I will never be on the side that says nothing. Even worse, this decent man is running for president in a country where no person of color has ever been president. If you do not think he is in serious danger, you are naive. People (being very diplomatic here) are insinuating things about him that is stirring up the lunatic fringe, it puts him and his beautiful family in danger, and it makes me sick to my stomach.

I went from reading someone saying on this video thread "Oh but this fringe element doesn''t reflect us!" to pretty much the same people responding to the other thread, "yeah, why doesn''t he prove he''s one of us!" It''s hypocritical. I didn''t comment.

Then when I pointed to the other thread as an example of where people get the information that Obama is a not a Christian, I got attacked. Even though the video linked states: "What is his religion?" I didn''t make up anything. It was part of the video.

If I made a flip comment, I apologize. It''s not the first I''ve read however. Maybe everyone thinks if you put a Palin wink at the end, it''s not REALLY a personal attack. I just skipped the wink.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Maggie, first let me say thank you for elaborating on how you feel. I will admit to not even clicking on the video in that thread because I was already familiar with the Obama/birth certificate question and didn't feel I needed to learn about it. Now that I know what it said when you opened it up, I understand why you reacted the way you did.
FWIW, and I don't want to speak for Oshinbreeze, but I don't think that she was supporting those comments by posting that video. But you could always argue that it doesn't matter since she posted it. But she is a sweet girl and I don't think she has a hateful bone in her body.
I was a tad confused as to why you were reacting to her the way you were, and that is why I thought (think) your comment about her avatar was especially mean. I wasn't seeing the connection between the legality of his running and the racial slurs. We can all be mean sometimes, but I had just never seen someone being called out in that way before, and not even to her "face". It bothered me. Perhaps I should have just stayed out of it but you posted it in the middle of defending yourself from accusations about giving personal attacks. And then lo and behold I get personally attacked, and then it circles back to you...and whoa, I think we're in over our head here.

Anyway, I'll apologize for the misunderstanding the connection between this thread and the other one. I'm sorry for that, and I in no way fault you for your strong feelings on the matter of Obama.
5.gif
I, too think those McCain supporters are disgusting but I disagree that they were made that way by this campaign. I think they were made that way by their environment, but we could discuss that to death and still be on different sides. I think that the (white) racists chose McCain, and not the other way around. It sucks for Obama that there are still racist people out there, and it sucks for McCain that those racist people are going to support him by default. Again, we could discuss this till the cows come home and still be on different sides. I see why you would think that these reactions are partly to do with Palin (I'm assuming you meant her), but I do disagree on that. However, I do agree with you that people are crazy and we might want to pray for our candidates.

One of the reasons why I typically don't respond to these threads showing these fringe supporters at their worst is that I don't know what I could possibly say that would make it any better, and I don't feel like it is my duty to apologize for them, if you know what I mean. Sometimes I feel like that's why these types of videos are posted. Like a, "Hey republicans, come explain yourselves!!!" type thing. I think a lot of dems feel that way too about the links and videos of their supporters being extra nutty. That's why I started the other thread that joins the two--because I feel like we direct our frustrations at eachother too much instead of at who we should really be angry at, the crazy people!!!!

ETA: lol! No I think the wink is extra snarky. If I could remove two emoticons for our selection they would be the wink and the rolled-eyes one...and I use them both!
2.gif
20.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to hop back in for a sec and say Maggie I''m sorry if you felt like I was attacking you or if I came off that way. I really was just trying to help out and put a stop to things if possible because I didn''t feel like Oshin did anything racist, but again it looks like it didn''t come off that away..and well I''ll stop net-nannying.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results