shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad video

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. But these are just the fringe supporters, right McCain? I mean, he''s proud of the people at his rallies!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you think we got George W. Bush for a second term?

Deborah
34.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I was really amazed last night during the debate, when the candidates were discussing the negative tone of the campaign. McCain had a PERFECT opportunity to condemn the things being said by some of the supporters at his rallies, and I don''t think he really took that opportunity. If I were him, I would not have said "I''m proud of the people at my rallies." I would have said, "I''m proud of most of my supporters, but there are a few who cross the line and I won''t stand for that kind of behavior." He could have handled that SO much better.
38.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 9:58:46 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
You know, I was really amazed last night during the debate, when the candidates were discussing the negative tone of the campaign. McCain had a PERFECT opportunity to condemn the things being said by some of the supporters at his rallies, and I don''t think he really took that opportunity. If I were him, I would not have said ''I''m proud of the people at my rallies.'' I would have said, ''I''m proud of most of my supporters, but there are a few who cross the line and I won''t stand for that kind of behavior.'' He could have handled that SO much better.
38.gif
Exactly.

If I were he, I would be doing everything humanly possible to diffuse what is going on, though he basically escalated (I won''t go as far as saying started) it himself (with his running mates help). I wouldn''t want any (possible) serious repercussions on my head....

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sad. Out of fear, people can be so uninformed. If you don''t like Obama''s policies, fine. If you don''t like his platform or where he stands on the issues, fine. That''s what America is all about, having a choice and a right to freedom of speech. BUT please people, at least try and be informed. Obama is not a Muslim, he''s not a terrorist and he loves this country. None of that should be debated. Now his stance on the issues, that''s fair game, but fear and hatred based on skin color and religion, has no place anywhere, in my opinion.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 10:25:25 AM
Author: goobear78
That is so sad. Out of fear, people can be so uninformed. If you don''t like Obama''s policies, fine. If you don''t like his platform or where he stands on the issues, fine. That''s what America is all about, having a choice and a right to freedom of speech. BUT please people, at least try and be informed. Obama is not a Muslim, he''s not a terrorist and he loves this country. None of that should be debated. Now his stance on the issues, that''s fair game, but fear and hatred based on skin color and religion, has no place anywhere, in my opinion.
a voice of reason in an otherwise parched landscape called US politics.

movie zombie

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m not surprised, though still disgusted.

You know, I was really amazed last night during the debate, when the candidates were discussing the negative tone of the campaign. McCain had a PERFECT opportunity to condemn the things being said by some of the supporters at his rallies, and I don''t think he really took that opportunity. If I were him, I would not have said ''I''m proud of the people at my rallies.'' I would have said, ''I''m proud of most of my supporters, but there are a few who cross the line and I won''t stand for that kind of behavior.'' He could have handled that SO much better.
38.gif

Instead, he pointed the finger at Obama for not immediately repudiating something negative a congressman said. My jaw hit the floor. I couldn''t believe it.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I am appalled that people still think like this and am sad that they are not better informed. Even more so, I am terrified that these people are voting and feel sorry for children raised among such hate.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
unbelievable...i can''t believe that this level of hate and racism exists right here and right now. sad.

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Very sad, in this century there
Date: 10/16/2008 3:39:34 PM
Author: sbde
unbelievable...i can''t believe that this level of hate and racism exists right here and right now. sad.
Very sad. And, the fact is Obama is half caucasian.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
The people stating with absolute confidence that he is not Christian, that he is related to or has ties to Osama Bin Laden... where do they get this from???
20.gif
38.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 4:41:37 PM
Author: aprilcait
The people stating with absolute confidence that he is not Christian, that he is related to or has ties to Osama Bin Laden... where do they get this from???
20.gif
38.gif

I'm guessing a) their equally ignorant friends and family and/or b) poorly written chain emails.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 4:45:05 PM
Author: EBree

20.gif
38.gif

I''m guessing a) their equally ignorant friends and family and/or b) poorly written chain emails.
Sadly enough, I think you''re dead-on, EBree.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2008 4:53:38 PM

20.gif
38.gif

I'm guessing a) their equally ignorant friends and family and/or b) poorly written chain emails.
Sadly enough, I think you're dead-on, EBree.
Unfortunately, some people will believe ANYTHING they read/hear, no matter where they read/hear it. And of course, there are people with less-than-decent intentions who know how to exploit those people. It's very sad, IMO.
38.gif

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock

20.gif
38.gif

I''m guessing a) their equally ignorant friends and family and/or b) poorly written chain emails.
Or perhaps they are getting their information from oshinbreeze''s lovely thread.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
10/16/2008 4:01:32 PM
Author: hibiscus

Well...this is off-topic. (Pardon me, everyone!) But I couldn't help but fall out of my chair when I saw your ring, hibiscus! Are there any other photographs of it on Pricescope? I actually tried clicking on your icon to see if it would get bigger so that I could see it better! It is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Deborah
34.gif

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 5:06:43 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
10/16/2008 4:01:32 PM
Author: hibiscus

Well...this is off-topic. (Pardon me, everyone!) But I couldn''t help but fall out of my chair when I saw your ring, hibiscus! Are there any other photographs of it on Pricescope? I actually tried clicking on your icon to see if it would get bigger so that I could see it better! It is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Deborah
34.gif
Sorry everyone, off topic reply. Hi Deborah! Thank you!!!
26.gif
Its under show me the ring (Marquise) & https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hibiscus-here-the-center-round-center-stone-is-finally-replaced-past-is-put-to-rest.94172/

Back to topic, speaking of absurdity http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/huntleybrown.asp

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
You know, I was really amazed last night during the debate, when the candidates were discussing the negative tone of the campaign. McCain had a PERFECT opportunity to condemn the things being said by some of the supporters at his rallies, and I don't think he really took that opportunity. If I were him, I would not have said 'I'm proud of the people at my rallies.' I would have said, 'I'm proud of most of my supporters, but there are a few who cross the line and I won't stand for that kind of behavior.' He could have handled that SO much better.
38.gif
I think McCain's response to this concern was disgraceful. I guess he just doesn't understand--or care
20.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 4:55:06 PM
Author: MaggieB

20.gif
38.gif

Or perhaps they are getting their information from oshinbreeze''s lovely thread.

Let''s try to avoid personal attacks, okay?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ebree, I don't think you made any personal attacks.

"drill, baby, drill" makes me sad.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 1:21:02 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS

20.gif
38.gif

It''s a personal attack to call a racist ignorant?

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wait, I read the response to Ebree first, but now I get it. I''m getting the personal attack comment for mentioning oshinbreeze''s thread. For clarification, I was pointing out that people who have spouted off baseless, offensive, racist comments to me this year have said, I got it in an email. Or a Youtube video that a random unknown person posted. Then they spout this garbage as facts. I used oshinbreeze''s thread as an example of a smear campaign because the videos included are a smear campaign. If I were going to personally attack oshinbreeze, I would say something like, I don''t take political advice from someone whose avatar shows them frantically spanking Tinkerbell. It''s not a level of maturity that I relate to.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

20.gif
38.gif

I guess I must just be terrible at identifying personal attacks, because I fail to see one here. I guess mentioning someone''s thread by name (instead of taking the passive aggressive way out and not naming names) makes it a personal attack?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 9:37:08 AM
Author: thing2of2

20.gif
38.gif

I guess I must just be terrible at identifying personal attacks, because I fail to see one here. I guess mentioning someone''s thread by name (instead of taking the passive aggressive way out and not naming names) makes it a personal attack?
Thing I am just going by what Ali said, please refer to that. She asked us not to call or comment about posters specifically, I am trying to help maggie out. Please talk to Ali if you have an issue with that.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I''d really like to hear a response to the video from anyone who supports McCain''s run for president or has been to a rally. I recently drove past a Palin rally in NH and counted 5 posters that had the n-bomb written on them. Is my drive-by view of boiling racism and Al-Jazeera''s edited video accurate? I hope not, we will need to put this country back together in a few weeks...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 2:59:47 PM
20.gif
38.gif
Thing I am just going by what Ali said, please refer to that. She asked us not to call or comment about posters specifically, I am trying to help maggie out. Please talk to Ali if you have an issue with that.

Again, I fail to see where oshinbreez was attacked. Her thread was mentioned as one such example of smear campaigns, which Maggie further explained to you.

Also, I believe Ali is the moderator, not you. If she believes that there is a personal attack I am sure she will tell us, and I will certainly listen to her.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 11:00:05 AM
Date: 10/17/2008 2:59:47 PM

20.gif
38.gif

Again, I fail to see where oshinbreez was attacked. Her thread was mentioned as one such example of smear campaigns, which Maggie further explained to you.

Also, I believe Ali is the moderator, not you. If she believes that there is a personal attack I am sure she will tell us, and I will certainly listen to her.

Okay, no problem. I will not try to help anyone out anymore. Trust me, it will not happen again as obviously it is not wanted.
2.gif
Got it?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 7:29:19 AM

20.gif
38.gif

It''s a personal attack to call a racist ignorant?

Um to call another poster ignorant and racist is a personal attack for future reference, btw. But with that note as I expressed to Thing I won''t try to help you out. So I''ll stop.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results