shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hi to you ''lostsapphire''! thankyou for that pic! i have it also..it is so lovely! you know i think i actually got it from this thread a while back..i don''t remember who posted it,but i think it''s up here...lol...it''s one of my favs it is so well set up and so well done. i love her ring..i actually have a gorgeous sapphire ring myself, my mom got it for me. this ring is the reason i wanted a sapphire! adore it!
thankyou, jenna:)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is a really neat photo of liz taylor portraying the queen cleopatra of ancient egypt in her movie, i believe of the same name...we will never see an ancient egyptian royal in person, but this portrayal of an egyptian royal is pretty nice!
jenna:)

elizabeth-taylor-16922.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 11:50:17 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
here is a really neat photo of liz taylor portraying the queen cleopatra of ancient egypt in her movie, i believe of the same name...we will never see an ancient egyptian royal in person, but this portrayal of an egyptian royal is pretty nice!
She was the first actress to recieve a million dollars for this1963 movie role.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hello all!
here are some charming photos of princess diana...timeless beauty!

dianaa44.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and just a few more!

dianaa45.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 8:44:02 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
hello all!
here are some charming photos of princess diana...timeless beauty!
I really like the middle picture where she is wearing two watches...one looks like a gents watch.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hi!
yes, that photo of diana was up on this thread a long while ago..i love it as well..that watch is prince charles'' and she is wearing it while he plays polo..:)
diana was so very photogenic!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
you know how royals love their horses, well how about this one? this is an akhel teke..and yes, it is GOLD! this is the oldest breed of horse in the world, belonging first to the royals of ancient times in the middle east, and it still exists today, but in very small numbers, very few of us who are not royal will ever see one in person. wow, a golden horse!

Nefer Djed Nah

Jenna
I have to correct you here unfortunately. The Akhal Teke is not the oldest breed of horse in the world. The oldest horse breed is the purebred Arabian, first found and bred among the royals and the tribesmen of the middle east, they were used for war and to haul tents and supplies. The Akhal Teke was a cross of Arabians with other light breeds, giving the rulers a taller horse. The tradition in Saudi Arabian and Egypt was to continue with the purebred arabian of old desert descent, and so they were kept around Akhal Tekes were found in other countries, and yes the numbers did Dwindle. They are closely related to the Barb, also an older middle eastern Breed. but THE FIRST breed of horse known was the purebred arabian.
34.gif
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ohio - Some horses are born a golden color, called Palomino. Normally when first born, they are a light brown and fade out to the golden. This is a registered breed, but the color is found amongst most breeds, including quarter horses, thoroughbreds, arabians, welsh ponies, miniature ponies, etc. I think the few breeds that DON"T have palominos are the andalusians, connamaras, and some of the draft breeds, but they are even found amongst warmbloods (traditional breeds used for hunter jumper).

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Diana, princess of Wales has ever been my favourite royal. The other one is the queen mum. I have a lot of photos of her. I''ll post my favs:

Wearing the sapphire&pearl choker

73814655.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
the Saudi arabian suite, the Spencer tiara and the Family order of HM

DianaofWalesV.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
About her sapphire ring I think I know from another forym that it''s about 18 carats.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hi ''dragonfly411''
thankyou for posting about our akhal teke! great to see people learning about this breed. one of the oldest breeds in the world!i see you mentioned the palemino colour on your post..although that is a golden colour, we should mention it IS NOT metallic, and that is what our friend was asking about. the gold colour of the ahkal teke is UNIQUE to that breed of horse only and they are a metallic GOLD, although they have palemino colouring in that breed as well. the metallic gold they have can occure in their dun as well. it is kind of a seperate thing altogether.
also, i have this snipet of info for everyone about the breed from the wikipedia...
''The Akhal-Teke, ''Ahalteke'' in the Turkmen language, (pronounced [ahalˈtеkje]) is a breed of horse from Turkmenistan, where they are a national emblem.[1] They are noted for their speed and for endurance on long marches. These "golden-horses" are adapted to severe climatic conditions and are thought to be one of the oldest surviving horse breeds. There are currently about 3,500 Akhal-Tekes in the world, mostly in Turkmenistan and Russia, although they are also found throughout Europe, Australia and North America. Many Akhal-Tekes are bred at the Tersk Stud in the northern Caucasus Mountains.''

now, with only 3,500 of these horses in the world, they are very rare indeed. and known as the golden horse, they are the one and ONLY gold METALLIC coated horse in the world.
and further from the wikipedia, it is NOT desided weather this breed came from the arab breed or weather the arab came from the ahkal teke...here is the article from the wikipedia,

''The breed is very similar to the now-extinct Turkoman Horse, once bred in neighboring Iran. Some historians believe that the two are different strains of the same breed. It is a disputed "chicken or egg" question whether the influential Arabian was either the ancestor of the breed or was developed out of this breed. It is also probable that the so-called "hot blooded" breeds, the Arabian, Turkoman, Akhal-Teke and the Barb all developed from a single "oriental prototype" of wild predecessor (see Domestication of the horse, Four foundations theory)''
and there you have it. one of the oldest breeds, royal, the only gold horse in the world and with so much history, how can we resist talking about them?

palomino-0022.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav, hi there!
yes, you are correct that other places claim diana''s ring to have been anywhere from 12 all the way up to 18 carats. which is greatly exaggerated. she was a classy beauty and the sapphire ring she had, if you believe the actual jeweler from where the ring origianly came, was only about 5 to 9 carats. now, i love my gems..i have a sapphire which is 6.5 carats,and the size of it is almost exact to the one diana wore...rumors have been circling for years about the size of royal rings, this one especially though...but that article i posted was very informative and makes a lot of sense when you see the size of a 6.5 carat sapphire, you realize that one of 18 carats could be as large as 20x18mm...that is HUGE!! LOL..and well, just not the real carat of her ring.. i''ll post something here for comparrison, it is a cross section of 3 sapphires, you have a sapphire of 15.8 carats on the left, then diana''s in the middle the mine on the right. for size comparison just download the pic, sorry it''s blurry a bit..and put it into your photo program, now, enlarge the photo until my sapphire measures 12x10mm on your screne..i use a measuring tape against the screen. this will enlarge all the rings at the same time until they are life size, including diana''s ring. have have a peek. that 15.8 carat stone, which to the claims that her ring is 18 carats would make her stone bigger then the stone on the left..would have been just HUGE on her little finger! the stone on the left that is 15.8 carats should measure 17x15 on your screen..cool experiment, but it''ll out the rumors to rest!:) loads of fun!!!

ringdi02.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
i can''t remember if this cute photo has ever been up here, it probably has, but just in case, it''s so cute, i had to add it!

di-rock.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
can anyone see what the ring is the queen is wearing on her right hand? it kind of looks like a ruby...but i can''t tell...

0420_B26.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
our lovely diana in pearls!

0000290912-004.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and some more! she loved pearls!

AADS001898.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
i just think diana so looked amazing in her royal blue outfit! i think that was her colour! ok, she looked wonderful in any colour!

AADS002166.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
diana, such cute photos!

DWF15-253546.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
diana having a conversation with charles..

AADS002783.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
diana in may 1986, she is wearing pearls bought for her by prince charles. this is in tokyo.

AADS002507.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Jenna - didn''t realize the metallic part. Thanks for clarifying there.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
no worries! drangonfly411
i''m a freak when it comes to points of interest! LOL...i also have horses, have my whole life, and so, i really go out of my way to be sure info i have and give is correct!...do you also have horses?

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
how about a few cute pics of fergie on her big day? 1986...she was so spicy!!!

andrew-sarah.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
some more fergie

Sarah Duchess olf York.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
i like this pretty pic of fergie, she looks pretty classy here:)

fergie.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this set of lovely photos is liz taylor again as queen cleopatra of egypt. the last queen of ancient egypt. liz is stunning in these photos..and the interesting necklace she is wearing in the photo on the right is made up of egyptian flies. this is the same type of fly that is in the photo i posted a while ago, the fly necklace that belonged to queen ah hotep. the fly was given to individuals of high rank, officials or royals or military, and each fly was an honorary award which signified tireless persistance. it was considered to be one of the highest awards possible and the more flies you had, the more decorated you were...BUZZZZZZZZZZ! LOL

cleopatra.la.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is a drawing of queen nefertiti, her name means, ''the beautiful one has come'' and her hubby ahkenahten...the most unpopular king of ancient egypt. he actually was the first known person in history to begin using the belief that there is only one god. before him, the ancients practiced belief of many gods..that is why he was so unpopular. he began systematically erasing the common people''s right to worshiping any other god but his own. interesting story.:) btw, he is the father of king tut.

budkmt03_ankh-nefer.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
a cute early 1900''s portrayal of queen cleopatra.:)
neat. jenna:)

cleopatra5.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results