Royal Jewels

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Nazli and her daughters princesses Faiza,Faeka and Fatahia in later 1930s
jenna:)

2138763369_3caf0d2972.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
egyptian Princess Faiza in the middle ,on her right hand Princess Faeka and on her left hand princess Fatahia

2139544738_f6eeca0261.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Hanazadah,the sister of Princess Nasalshah,the two sisters are members from both the Egyptian Royal Family and the Turkish Othman Sultan Royal Family.

2139980350_88c9cf2f26.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this is a drawing of an ancient egyptian royal funeral. how grand they would make such a sad affair.

EgyptianFuneralBarge.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
you know, this picture has nothing at all to do with the egyptian stuff i have been posting of royal jewels..it just happens to be Diana, one of the classiest most amazing women we have ever seen. i just adored her and i love this photo. the amazing ring she is wearing appears to be either a blue topaz or, more likely an aquamarine. Diana, we were all blessed and very lucky to have shared your light.

0000329110-020.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 6:59:08 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
you know, this picture has nothing at all to do with the egyptian stuff i have been posting of royal jewels..it just happens to be Diana, one of the classiest most amazing women we have ever seen. i just adored her and i love this photo. the amazing ring she is wearing appears to be either a blue topaz or, more likely an aquamarine. Diana, we were all blessed and very lucky to have shared your light.
I agree...one very amazing woman who had great taste and style.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
yes, you know there is no one else in this world who was so adored by so many of us. we all miss her as if we knew her personally. this beautiful shot of diana is one of so many i have to share with everyone..it comes from her visit to nigeria in 1990, she is sitting with the president''s wife, mrs. babangida. i will put up a close up of her lovely sapphire ring..

dddddddddlp.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here it is, the ring that so many of us admire and would love to see in person. you know, i found this wonderful aritcle on this ring and the funny rumors that have circulated about it and it''s size for so long..i''ll add it here for you..

The Myth of Princess Di and Yogo Sapphire
by
David W. Baker
Little Belt Consulting Services
P.O. Box 906
Monarch, MT 59463
This is a story of advertising hype that has become a kind of modern-day myth. Rural Montana is a sparsely populated place with long winters. Great Britain is a third of the way around the world. At such distance it is easy to attribute to the "world" of British Royalty the glitter and romance of fairy tales. What a marketing tool--plant the idea into the mind of the female consumer that if she wears a certain piece of jewelry then perhaps a bit of the life of a princess may rub off on her.
Lady Diana''s Engagement Ring
In early 1981 Prince Charles gave Diana Spencer a sapphire engagement ring. Later that year they were married and Diana became the Princess of Wales. In 1982 Intergem Corporation greatly expanded the mining, production, and marketing of Yogo sapphire using the trade name, "Royal American Sapphire." I have a copy of a newspaper article on the Yogo Sapphire Mine. The photograph above the article is of Princess Diana with the sapphire engagement ring.. Nowhere in the article does it state that the sapphire in Princess Di''s engagement ring came from Yogo Gulch. However, once such an article was published it was only a small step for articles in other papers and magazines to state that Princess Di''s sapphire was a Yogo. The myth grew and grew. Even today one can find some jewelers suggesting that not only is the sapphire in Princess Diana''s engagement ring a Yogo sapphire, but that Yogo sapphire is in Queen Elizabeth''s engagement ring.

I telephoned several jewelers and gemologists in London who are familiar with Princess Diana''s engagement ring. Johnson, Walker and Tolhurst is the British Company that used to own and operate the Yogo Mine. The sapphire expert at Johnson, Walker and Tolhurst told me that Diana''s ring had been in the shop and that he had personally examined it. The other sapphire expert was at Garrard''s, the Crown Jewelers which had supplied the 4 trays of sapphire rings from which Diana made her selection. Both said that the sapphire came from Sri Lanka. The most telling comment was, "No, it''s not a Yogo sapphire. They are too small."

In fact, most of the Yogo sapphires are small. The crystals grew with the elongated "barrel-shapes" that are typical for corundum in metamorphic rocks. However, the crystals formed near the base of the crust of the earth and had to be carried 50 km (or 30 miles) upwards to (just below) the surface of the earth in a hot magma that was actively dissolving them. The predominantly flat crystals in the Yogo deposit are the remains of what must have been much larger elongate crystals at depth. Most of the sapphire was dissolved by the magma, leaving the many small, flat crystals found in the Yogo dike today.

In contrast, blue sapphire formed in Sri Lanka formed in pegmatites or pegmatite-like bodies as highly metamorphosed sedimentary rocks (charnockites) underwent partial melting at mid-crustal depths. Erosion of roughly 20 km of overburden has allowed these rocks to be exposed at the surface and the placer deposits to form. Large crystals of sapphire are relatively abundant. However, the crystals tend to be heavily zoned and have abundant inclusions. Most Sri Lankan sapphire on the market is heat-treated which results in a dramatic improvement in quality.

From the many photographs of Princess Diana with her sapphire ring, one can estimate the size of the oval and thus the carat weight of the stone as in the range of 5 to 9 carats. Steve Voynick on page 163 of the 1995 edition of his book Yogo: The Great American Sapphire gives the weight of the stone as 9 carats. [For many years it was claimed that the largest cut Yogo sapphire is a flat hexagonal plate in the Smithsonian Museum, weighing 10.2 carats. However, this gemstone came from Sri Lanka, not Yogo Gulch. The museum did not want to offend the donor of the stone by giving the correct location. The donor has since passed away and it time for the Smithsonian to make the correction official. The largest cut and polished Yogo sapphire that I have been able to verify is just under 4 carats.] Diana''s sapphire is larger than any cut Yogo sapphire; however, cut stones this size or larger from Sri Lanka are expensive, but rather common.

According to Richard Hughes on page 105 of his book Ruby & Sapphire, the question is not whether Lady Diana''s sapphire came from Sri Lanka, but whether it was a heat-treated Sri Lankan sapphire.
Crown Jewels
Steve Voynick (on page 203 of the 1995 edition of his book on Yogo sapphire) states that by 1918 Queen Victoria, Princess Mary, the Duchess of York, and Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany had some Yogo sapphires in their personal gem collections and that there is a possibility that some Yogos were included in the jewel collection belonging to the British Crown. The image here is of some small, loose cut sapphires tucked away in drawers or jewelry cases. This is a far different image from the spectacular jewels in a crown worn by royalty to official functions. Which image do you think an advertiser is trying to create when he uses the terms, "Crown Jewels of England" and "royal history ... of the Yogo sapphire"?

In checking out the myth that British Royalty has Yogo sapphire in their jewelry, I wrote Leslie Field whose book The Queen''s Jewels: The Personal Collection of Elizabeth II is a widely read reference on royal gemstones. Leslie Field''s reply to me is dated October 5, 1998. She stated, "I am not aware of any Yogo Gulch sapphires set in any piece of jewellery belonging to a member of the British family."

Value Yogo Sapphire for its own Merits
Most of the Yogo sapphires are small--less than 1 carat. However, the cornflower blue color is choice. (For example, see the 2.43 carat Yogo that took First Place in the Classic Division.) Lack of zonation and near absence of inclusions means that the stones have outstanding clarity. When properly cut, this gemstone gives the sensation of pleasureful color. Cornflower blue is the choicest of sapphire color.

In contrast to most sapphire on the market, Yogo sapphire is not heat-treated. It formed at a depth of 45 to 55 kilometers (or approximately 30 miles), greater than any other commercial deposit in the world.

Yogo sapphire is a gemstone that Montanans can be justifiably proud of. The demand for these stones in Montana, particularly for the larger carat sizes, far exceeds production.

great little article !

scan0j002.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful princess diana and her first son prince william!

kkkkjiiuhjpg.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Friends!
i had this beautiful lady to share with you all...she is a wax sculpture of an ancient egyptian princess, the princess Sithathoriunet, and she now resides in the fabulous Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto Ontario, Canada...she is correctly dressed and seated in a correctly furnished ancient egyptian palace room...as close as we will ever see of this wonderous period in our history and the history of the royal legacy!

519px-AncientEgypt-LadyApplyingCosmetics-ROM.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
This piece is a broad collar, worn by egyptian royalty in ancient times. now this particular piece is all original and comes from one of the later dyansties, the interesting thing is that it is made up entirely of made made fiance! even then ancient peoples used made made materials as opposed to genuine gemstones some of the time! and look at those colours! an interesting fact, about our own princess diana is that she absolutely loved to bargain hunt in vintage jewel shops and she would purchase pretty pieces that were only costume jewelry! she wore many pieces that were believed to have been genuine and in fact they were simple fakes! that i think makes her so wonderfully down to earth! i love that!

1773655208_e12bc7c70e_b.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this is a beautiful example of ancient mastery in small size! this is a solid gold ancient pectoral. belonged to king tut. this piece is small, no more than a couple of inches across. just look at the amount of small stone cut so perfectly to fit every tiny space! remember this piece is smaller than this photo will post...wow!
the thing i love about ancient egyptian jewels is that they all can be read as texts, this one is a simple statement, it shows king tut being coronated by the gods, and it tells us he will rule in glory and the bottom bar that supports the whole piece simply repeats the word forever, forever, forever but it is written like this ''foreverforeverforeverforever'' and so on...

27233_218144542.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this is a lapis lazuli and solid gold ''heart scarab''. this is a reproduction of the original that belinged to tut...it is pretty large, about 4 inches long or so.
you can still find these around to purchase every once in a while...i have used these images because the images available of the original are small and of poor quality.

0030_1_lg.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
these photos are actually an ancient greco/roman ring, made of solid gold and carnelian, engraved into an intaglio. they used these rings throughout ancient times to stamp into was to use as seals..mainly by royalty and high officials.

r0f113.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
another fabulous solid gold pectoral. the word ''pectoral'' is actually used for these magnificent pieces because of where they sat on your chest , the pectoral muscles, when worn.
the stones were of course the lapis, carnelian and turquoise favoured by ancient royalty.

188-056.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this pretty pectoral was remade for use in the second mummy movie,''the mummy returns'' worn by the character princess nefertiri..now in real life, this original belonged to tut''s dynasty and it is a pectoral of the crescent moon on the ever popular barque on the primordial waters of the nile under which you can see the lotus blossoms...wonderful.

rdeTout.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
you know how royals love their horses, well how about this one? this is an akhel teke..and yes, it is GOLD! this is the oldest breed of horse in the world, belonging first to the royals of ancient times in the middle east, and it still exists today, but in very small numbers, very few of us who are not royal will ever see one in person. wow, a golden horse!

580m05_1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this is the royal mirror of princess sithathoriunet. made of obsidian, gold and a mix of gold and silver for the viewing surface. lovely.

Pc250115.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
these are ancient royal cobra solid gold arm bands, greco/roman period of royals.

451423930_fb934a1589_o.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this is one of my favorite pectorals...........ok, they''re all my favorite! but this one is a wonderful, stunning example of the ancient egyptian royal craftsmen at their best. they were commissioned to create unique works for every dynasty, now unlike today''s royals who hold onto their historical jewels and where them for generations upon generations..in ancient egypt you see, each piece had someone''s unique story and often their name indicated within the piece and it always read something like this, ''god grants life and dominion over all that the sun encircles to the king so and so...'' incert name here type thing..and so, the next royal who came to power of course couldn''t wear the old king''s jewels lest everyone think that he was in favor of power remaining with the old king! he needed his own jewels with his name in them. so, thus every new ruler got his own unique and different jewelry! the old jewels were buried with their royal owners!

IsisNephthysPectoral.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
girdle of the princess sithathoriunt, 12th dynasty ancient egypt, solid gold and amethyst. jewel of royalty.

Pc250114.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
two bracelets of king tut, 18th dynasty.

jewelry-of-King-Tut.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
another photo of this gorgeous pectoral..have a look at the goddesses dresses...the inlays are truly abundant and amazing! king tut, 18th dynasty.

Pc250098.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is a nice photo of the tut scarab necklace. amazing work, and along the entire necklace, not just the pectoral end piece. i can only imagine what something like this would cost one to have made these days....that is if you could find a goldsmith capable of doing such work. royals of ancient times sure had it made!

ScarabffnNecklace.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
two ancient egyptian royal pectorals..very busy with symbolism and images!

13738431-550px.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this is i believe one of the most beautiful pictures i''ve seen of princess diana, she looks just amazing in blue! i guess that''s why she loved to wear sapphires! here she is in dubai.her sapphire earrings are lovely!

scan0k003.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 10:57:03 AM
this is the royal mirror of princess sithathoriunet. made of obsidian, gold and a mix of gold and silver for the viewing surface. lovely.
The mirror is beautiful and I really love how the ancient Egyptians mixed amethyst and gold in their jewelry design. Thank you for your contributions to this thread!

ohiogirl461

Rough_Rock
Ok, I have a silly question.

Are horses spray painted golden or what??? I find this all very interesting. Sorry if this is off topic but I was wondering if you had any more info. on this golden horse. Thanks for all the info. you can offer.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 1:27:29 PM

Lady Diana''s Engagement Ring
In early 1981 Prince Charles gave Diana Spencer a sapphire engagement ring. Later that year they were married and Diana became the Princess of Wales. In 1982 Intergem Corporation greatly expanded the mining, production, and marketing of Yogo sapphire using the trade name, ''Royal American Sapphire.'' I have a copy of a newspaper article on the Yogo Sapphire Mine. The photograph above the article is of Princess Diana with the sapphire engagement ring.. Nowhere in the article does it state that the sapphire in Princess Di''s engagement ring came from Yogo Gulch. However, once such an article was published it was only a small step for articles in other papers and magazines to state that Princess Di''s sapphire was a Yogo. The myth grew and grew. Even today one can find some jewelers suggesting that not only is the sapphire in Princess Diana''s engagement ring a Yogo sapphire, but that Yogo sapphire is in Queen Elizabeth''s engagement ring.

From the many photographs of Princess Diana with her sapphire ring, one can estimate the size of the oval and thus the carat weight of the stone as in the range of 5 to 9 carats. Steve Voynick on page 163 of the 1995 edition of his book Yogo: The Great American Sapphire gives the weight of the stone as 9 carats. [For many years it was claimed that the largest cut Yogo sapphire is a flat hexagonal plate in the Smithsonian Museum, weighing 10.2 carats. However, this gemstone came from Sri Lanka, not Yogo Gulch. The museum did not want to offend the donor of the stone by giving the correct location. The donor has since passed away and it time for the Smithsonian to make the correction official. The largest cut and polished Yogo sapphire that I have been able to verify is just under 4 carats.] Diana''s sapphire is larger than any cut Yogo sapphire; however, cut stones this size or larger from Sri Lanka are expensive, but rather common.
Sithathoriunet:

I have a really clear pic of Princess Diana''s and Prince Charles'' rings. Thought I''d post it up for you here, as the one you posted earlier is from a fair distance back. Hope you don''t mind!

LS

Foo89.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hi back to you ''ohiogirl461''! no worries! i''d love to answer your question about the akhal teke horses..no they are not painted or anything of that sort. this is the only breed in the world that is metallic. their coats are actually gold or even silver in the metallic sheen. they actually are naturally metallic. now, not every akhal teke is gold or silver, this breed also comes in the more common colours of brown, white, grey...but the most sought after are the wonderful gold and silver. very unusual in nature, and no other horse on the planet is metallic gold! awesome royal ancient breed of horses. this breed goes back 4000 years!

2223789984_d1435c3f00.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results