shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
I'm watching the Nobel Prize Ceremony and I took a few screencaps.

Queen Silvia is wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
nobel5.jpg

Princess Madeleine is wearing the Amethyst Tiara
nobel10.jpg

Crown Princess Victoria is wearing the 4-Button Tiara
nobel12.jpg

and I don't have a good picture yet, but Princess Christina is wearing the 6-Button Tiara

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WithinDemise|1355153090|3327543 said:

nobel5.jpg

nobel10.jpg

nobel12.jpg

and I don't have a good picture yet, but Princess Christina is wearing the 6-Button Tiara

Great! I guessed Queen Silvia and Princess Christina and one of my wishes came true! The Queen has a specIal hair-do this year, too; the Crown Princess looks nice with the 4-button tiara and added riviere (not to mention those gorgeous emeralds!). I just wish Princess Madleine wore her hair up with this tiara... I would've looked superb!

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1355153560|3327548 said:
WithinDemise|1355153090|3327543 said:

nobel5.jpg

nobel10.jpg

nobel12.jpg

Great! I guessed Queen Silvia and Princess Christina and one of my wishes came true! The Queen has a specIal hair-do this year, too; the Crown Princess looks nice with the 4-button tiara and added riviere (not to mention those gorgeous emeralds!). I just wish Princess Madleine wore her hair up with this tiara... I would've looked superb!

Victoria is also apparently wearing a brooch in the back of her hair, but I've yet to find a good picture of it.

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
Here is a screencap of Christina at the banquet (and she is indeed wearing the 6-button tiara)
nobel17.jpg

And here is a screencap I grabbed of the back of Victoria's hair and it does look like she's wearing an emerald brooch in her hair:
nobel15.jpg

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
Sorry for all of the posts, but I managed to get a great screencap of the brooch in Victoria's hair:

nobel22.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WithinDemise|1355165064|3327738 said:
Sorry for all of the posts, but I managed to get a great screencap of the brooch in Victoria's hair:

nobel22.jpg

Great screenshot, WithinDemise. The brooch is the one belonging to the emerald set worn by the Crown Princess.
By the way, looking at the photo, I think that Victoria is starting to really show that she is her mother's daughter! I mean, look at that hair-do! Pure Queen Silvia inspiration ;-)

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you WithinDemise! I've been chomping at the bit wondering what was being worn. I think CP Victoria's hair is amazing and the brooch is the perfect touch. I'm not crazy for the button tiaras but she made it work. I would have never guessed Madeline would show up in the amethyst tiara. I'm still waiting for my dream of seeing CP Victoria in the Connaught, though I do like Bobby's idea of her wearing it for the first time at her sister's wedding.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WithinDemise|1355160724|3327675 said:
Here is a screencap of Christina at the banquet (and she is indeed wearing the 6-button tiara)
nobel17.jpg

And here is a screencap I grabbed of the back of Victoria's hair and it does look like she's wearing an emerald brooch in her hair:
nobel15.jpg

Thanks for the photo of Princess Christina! She's one of the few who can wear this tiara well ;-)

Here are a few large photos from Zimbio:
Queen Silvia - her best appearence since 2008, IMO - Photo
Crown Princess Victoria - look how well the colour of the dress (Saab?) match the colour of the emeralds - Photo
Princess Madeleine - not visible in these photos but HRH wore the two bracelets from the parure - Photo1, Photo2

PS: Slightly off topic, but Queen Silvia didn't look very well at the ceremony - witing her eyes & nose, looking sad, etc. Is it known what this was due to? Is HM simply ill or is there another (more personal) reason? Also in some photos The Queen didn't behave like what is expected from her... I hope it's all alright! And one last think - Is it just me or The Queen has started aging?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I just foud a photo of Countess Marianne Bernadotte from tonight's banquet in Sweden. She's wearing her diamond and pearl tiara, four-row pearl choker with large diamond brooch as the centerpiece and two diamond bracelets - Photo

And a photo of Queen Sonja from the gala at the Grand Hotel, Olso - the modern emerald set + ring, diamond bracelet and gold bangles. Do I see another Petek Philippe watch? Photo

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A fairly good photo of Princess Christina wearing the six-button tiara, her three-row pearl choker with large diamond centerpiece, long pearl and diamond earrings and the pearl and diamond cluster brooch - Photo

Do you think that the Princess would look nice with the Amethyst parure? I think the beautiful colour of the stones would show really well against her hair ;-)

Bobby

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
I am not an emerald fan, but the CP looks wonderful in the demi-parure!

Madeleine is fabulous in the amethysts, especially with her darker hair.

And, as a September baby, I have always had a strong appreciation for sapphires and look forward to seeing the Swedish set as often as possible! :love:

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1355170836|3327872 said:
WithinDemise|1355160724|3327675 said:
nobel17.jpg

nobel15.jpg

Thanks for the photo of Princess Christina! She's one of the few who can wear this tiara well ;-)

Here are a few large photos from Zimbio:
Queen Silvia - her best appearence since 2008, IMO - Photo
Crown Princess Victoria - look how well the colour of the dress (Saab?) match the colour of the emeralds - Photo
Princess Madeleine - not visible in these photos but HRH wore the two bracelets from the parure - Photo1, Photo2

PS: Slightly off topic, but Queen Silvia didn't look very well at the ceremony - witing her eyes & nose, looking sad, etc. Is it known what this was due to? Is HM simply ill or is there another (more personal) reason? Also in some photos The Queen didn't behave like what is expected from her... I hope it's all alright! And one last think - Is it just me or The Queen has started aging?

Bobby

I've heard from a lot of people online that Silvia is ill. As for her aging...well, she's not getting botox and plastic surgery anymore, so she is starting to actually look her age.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WithinDemise|1355188706|3328124 said:
I've heard from a lot of people online that Silvia is ill. As for her aging...well, she's not getting botox and plastic surgery anymore, so she is starting to actually look her age.

Thanks, WD! I really hope this cold will pass in a couple of days! I fell sorry for the lady - not feeling well but still attending for hours and looking her best wearing this heavy historic tiara.
As to the botox, I figured that out myself, too. Still, it's trange what a coule of months do! Compare these photos and you'll see what I mean: February - October - December

By the way, is something known about the gown? I read somewhere that it's a repeat but no further information was given.

And to keep things on topic, have a look at the floral/diamond cluster brooch at HM's back - Photo Princess Madeleine also wore one; not sure about The Crown Princess.

PS: I hope nobody mis-understood me - I'm a huge fan of Queen Silvia but I'm used to seeing her looking the same for the past 36 years ;-)

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The first picture WithinDemise posted was my clue that something might not be well with Queen Silvia. Either it was an unfortunate screen capture when she blinked, or the poor lady was nodding off during the ceremony. I do hope she's all right.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen was not well, indeed. I'm "releaved" now that it was due to a cold and not another issue concerning her emotions (you know, like sth bad happened to a friend or a family member). Actually, I read a bit more about HM today and it seems that she had a pain killer or/and a lozenge during the ceremony ;-) Wish Queen Silvia a speedy recovery!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At tonight's Day After dinner for the Nobel laureaths at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, we had the following jewels for the Swedish royal ladies:
Queen Sofia's diamond tiara, Queen Victoria's collet necklace pendant (the Vasa diamond?) and the Vasa earrings for Queen Silvia (who wore one of my fav dresses as of late);
The "new" cut steel tiara, small diamond drop earrings and the ruby brooch for Crown Princess Victoria;
Queen Silvia's diamond tiara (with the extra row of diamonds) and Queen Victoria's floral diamond earrings for Princess Maeleine;
The six-button tiara (again), pearl earrings, necklaces, pendant and her large floral brooch for Princess Christina. Sad but it seems that the small pearl and diamond tiara has not been found...

Bobby

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I liked CP Victoria's hair but she really went overboard with the hair extensions, switch or whatever it was that was used to add volume. It looks like an exaggerated Victorian-era hair-do.

I have thick, waist length hair and I know there is no way I have enough hair for a chignon that size and all the braids.

WithinDemise

Rough_Rock
Pictures from last night:

silvia.jpg

madeleine.jpg

vickan.jpg

All of the ladies look great. As much as I don't like Victoria's new tiara, I think it looks better here than when she first wore it. I think it needs a less severe hairstyle to work. Madeleine looked amazing last night.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WithinDemise|1355336254|3329511 said:

All of the ladies look great. As much as I don't like Victoria's new tiara, I think it looks better here than when she first wore it. I think it needs a less severe hairstyle to work. Madeleine looked amazing last night.

Thanks for thes! Here are some large photos I just found. I'm now almost sure that The Queen didn't wear the Vasa diamond on her necklace, but rather the large oval stone she sometimes wears.
I agree about Victoria's hair. Something along the lines of her mother's do would've looked better, IMO.

Queen Silvia - Photo
Crown Princess Victoria - Photo
Princess Madeleine - Photo

Don't you think Madeleine's dress is similar to a number Silvia wore recently?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
WithinDemise|1355336254|3329511 said:

vickan.jpg

According to RJOTW (http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1351183046.html), Victoria's new tiara is from the same group of jewels as the cut steel tiara was found in. It is also mentioned that there is more that hasn't been worn in public.

I think it looks too much like her 18th birthday tiara, and that was a really pathetic little thing!

untitled-11.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a close up picture of the "new" steel cut tiara worn by the CP Victoria? I have not seen a good close-up of it yet. Thanks.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The new cut steel tiara sure looks better close up!! Thanks for the pic WD!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WithinDemise|1355685855|3332818 said:
Here is one:

sweden23.jpg

Nice picture of the "new" tiara, WD! I might be in the minority, but I sort of like this one. Would be interesting to see it worn with another hairstyle, particularly something like Victoria's hair from the 2010 Nobels ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Foud a new-to-me Beaton portrait of the Duchess of Gloucester with the turquoise tiara and the smaller necklace. While we are familiar with the jewels, I think the necklace looks much longer here (and, now that I think of it, in the photo of princess Alice's wedding presents). I wonder when it was shortened and what happened to the sapare clusters. Perhaps two of them were used to alter the earrings?
Anyway, enjoy:
980295glouces.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Is Queen Victoria's large diamond bracelet (the one worn by Queen Elizabeth in the famous Beaton portrait with the black velvet gown) covered in Sir Hugh Roberts' book "The Queen's Diamonds"? If so, what does he say about it and is there a clear photo of it? This bracelet has always been a bit of a mystery to me and any info would be appreciated.

Bobby

RoyalWatcher

Rough_Rock

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Also in the list referenced above by Royal Watcher, a set of gold and diamond bangle bracelets. Does anyone have a picture of any royal lady wearing them? I have never seen these before and I love bangles, and a set covered in diamonds is a bonus.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results