shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
many thanks of the deatils of norways tiara robbery - and the facts.

dianab

Rough_Rock
Archduchess Sofia of Habsburg & Prince Mariano Hugo zu Windisch-Graetz in 1990 - Cerimony

cerimony8vx.jpg

cerimony21kx.jpg

cerimony48bc.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Archduchess Sofia of Habsburg & Prince Mariano Hugo zu Windisch-Graetz in 1990

retratofranc9ux.jpg

kiss4hk.jpg

couple1ne.jpg

familyphoto9gs.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, AndrewCs! And thank you for this rare photo. Now the mystery of the Delhi Durbar tiara - full circle of not - is solved. And I'm delighted with the answer. You really made my day! Thanks again.

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
when will be the next "jewllery event"?
the Netherlands: September 21 'Prinsjesdag'
GB: state visit from the pope

is there any other state visits on the way?

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
a colour version

delhi_durbar_emerald_color_queen_mary.png

AndrewCs

Rough_Rock
Thank you Bobby for your kind words!
It is a great shame that the Durbar tiara was worn only once by the Duchess, I think it suits her and she should use it more often!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Josefine said:
a colour version

Josefine....THANK YOU for the color version....what a joy to see QM in all her glory!!!! :appl:

Lori

AndrewCs

Rough_Rock
Thank You Lori, very nice of you!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today Queen Silvia attended the Prix Courage award ceremony in the Allerheiligen Hofkirche church, Munich, Germany. Her Majesty wore her thin diamond necklace with a new (to me at least) diamond and ruby pendant, simple diamond earrings and her modern bar brooch:

104140423x.jpg

104140423.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today His Holiness The Pope started a four day State Visit (!) to the UK. HH was received by The Queen and The Duke of Edindurgh in the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Scotland. HM wore her Aquamarine clips (note how large they are):

104139340.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HH Pope Benedict XVI's pectoral cross and ring/seal:

HH wore a golden tiara with Honeysuckles during a Mass at Bellahouston Park:

104140438.jpg

104145775.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here is a better photo of the pendent

104162533.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Andrew Cs, welcome! and thank you for the photo of the DoC w/the DD tiara -- that solves the riddle! Now we know.

What a glow Queen Sylvia's ruby pendant has! Gorgeous color -- I'd like to know more about it too.

I also noticed the Pope's beautiful pectoral cross when I looked up Susan Boyle's performance for him yesterday. Wonder what karat gold that is, very high from its appearance.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today is the 70th ьnniversary of the Battle of Britainq The commemorative service was held at Westminster Abbey, London, in the presence of TRH The Prince of Wales, his wife The Duchess of Cornwall, his son Prince William of Wales and former PM Lady Thatcher.

The full series of pics, curtesy GettyImages: http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search...ly=Editorial&p=Battle of Britain Service 2010

The Duchess wore her new pearl and diamond choker with matching earrings and what looks to me like a diamond/jewelled RAF wings:

ETA: A better photo of Camilla's jewels - http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/104269299/Getty-Images-Entertainment

104265912.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Her hat could get her airborne faster than wings!

Saw some of this ceremony on tv -- was glad Lady Thatcher could attend.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today Queen Beatrix read her speach from the Hall of Knight in the Hague and thus opened the new parliamentary year. The ceremony, also attendad by the adults in the line to the throne and their spouses, is known as Prinsjesdag.

This year The Queen wore black pearl and diamond jewels:

x6120.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Maxima wore a very nice dress and jewels I've not seen so far on her:

PPE10092119.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Laurentien with the ruby and diamond cluster earrings from the Mellerio parure hung from her diamond tops and a ruby/diamond bow brooch:

PPE10092162.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Margriet, sister of The Queen, wore her long diamond earrings and a floral brooch:

PPE10092120.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Love Beatrix's earrings! Elegant. I have some similar ones, although one heck of a lot smaller!!

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
this is also silvia when she was in germany last week

1226440j.jpg

147A6200EBE9EB45.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine said:
this is also silvia when she was in germany last week

Josefine, thank you for the photos. It was taken at a charity gala for The World Childhood Foundation, founded by HM. I had the intention to post them a few days ago, but then sth else popped up.
Does someone know anything about these earrings - when where they made, has someone else worn them, etc. If possibe a better photo would also be appreciated. It seems they're one of HM's favourite pairs of diamond earrings.

Bobby

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone

Do royals wear stomachers today or just leave them on the shelf?

What is a "suite" of jewelry exactly mean?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi Danny!

The old grand stomachers aren't used these days. Actually the lats time I saw a royal lady wearing one was in 2002 (Elizabeth II, Golden Jubilee Gala, BP). But that was an exseption even for her. There are also some great stomachers/devant-de-corsages in the Ducth collection, but they've been altered (shortened) to today's standards and needs. The same goes to some Bernadotte jewels dating from Queens Josefine and Victoria. Some royal ladies, however, have bigger brooches in the form of a stomacher and wear them proudly. Examples are: the brooches from the Danish pearl, ruby and emerald parures; Queen Maud's pearl and diamond V-shaped brooch (last worn by Mette Marit in Stocholm). So to answer your question, I'd say that the royals who still own stomachers either leave them on the shell or wear them in a smaller form.

I'm not an expert about this, but for me a suite of jewellery would mean the same as a demi-parure - a necklace, pair of earrings, bracelet, and brooch. A suite (d-p), IMO, becomes a full parure when there's a tiara (and hair combs if possible).
But, I once read that a parure doesn't necessarily consist of a tiara. If there is a necklace, pairs of earrings and bracelets, a devant-de-corsage and other brooches plus a ring it is a parure. If there's a tiara it's even better.

Hope I helped you with my explanations.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
Princess Maxima wore a very nice dress and jewels I've not seen so far on her:

I love this dress!!! I want one!!! You know what I like about it? It's hard to tell where the dress leaves off and the jewels begin!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Bobby!

Andrew, I hope you will stay a long time? We get so many interesting new people who don't seem to last. You seem to have a lot to say. I hope you will break the trend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results