princess astrid from june 18th

12943140.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
fom june 19th

12957145.jpg

jamerann

Rough_Rock
I think now a days the style of taking one diamond in the ring is old fashion, because I have seen all the rings with more then one color diamond in there. Actually it is trend to attach 2 or 3 diamond in there. So nice look by three diamonds and specially in the three deferent color.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Another royal (will, princely) wedding on the horizon!!! HSH The Prince of Monaco, Albert II, has announced his engagement ot Miss Charlène Wittstock! Congratulations to the happy couple!

Here''s the official press resease - link

Meanwhile King Constantine has said that Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik will be married on 25 August in Greece.

The happy couple:

09449-Portrait Shoot.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 3:01:16 PM
Author: alexander1917
Date: 6/21/2010 1:16:08 PM

Author: prince.of.preslav

Interesting theory, Alexander. So, you suggest that Queen Mary had it parmanently fixed to the frame when she remover the pearls and/or the lozenge bandeau. May be! Of course the tiara and bandeau are clearly visible on the photo with the wedding presents I posted last week.

Bobby
When I remeber right it was mentioned in Munns Tiara book... I know HM received the base AND the tiara seperately.

Thank you for the additional information, Alexander! As always it's very much appreciated! As I've said before I don't own Munn and Field's books, but perhaps someone can else can confirm it?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 6:06:32 PM
Author: Josefine
here is photos from anp of the king of swedenbs sisters

Thank you, Josefine! Very nice close-ups of the Haga Princesses and their jewels.

Bobby

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 9:12:51 AM
Another royal (will, princely) wedding on the horizon!!! HSH The Prince of Monaco, Albert II, has announced his engagement ot Miss Charlène Wittstock! Congratulations to the happy couple!

Here''s the official press resease - link

Meanwhile King Constantine has said that Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik will be married on 25 August in Greece.

The happy couple:
Thank you Bobby! Any details on her engagement ring?

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
No details yet. Just this (not so good) close-up of the ring. It look like a large pear-shaped central diamond with pave-set diamond shoulders.

I wonder wheither The Prince was inspired by last week-end''s the event in Stockholm, or if they were engaged prior to that and only Albert&Charlene and fellow royals knew?

610iox.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 4:51:57 PM
Author: shadowed_rain
Alas, it''s a mistake by the press (surprise?
1.gif
)...the Connaught tiara is a part of the Bernadotte foundation, so it doesn''t specifically ''belong'' to anyone. Obviously, certain tiaras are associated with different members (i.e. the Brangança tiara is reserved for the queen, the Baden fringe tiara is associated with HRH Victoria, the Carl Gustav fringe tiara of Silvia''s is associated with HRH Madeleine, etc.), but they''re pooled into one foundation to preserve the pieces together.

There is so much glitter that I can''t keep up with it all...I''m so thrilled that we had so many sparkling surprises: the Connaught tiara for the first time on Madeleine, the smaller version of Queen Maude''s pearl tiara on Mette-Merit for the first time, the amethyst tiara on Märtha-Louise, the list goes on!

After I''m off work later this evening, I''ll post some supplemental pictures from the wedding. Happy watching, all!
30.gif

Shadowed Rain, I always believed (and still believe) that the Connaught and the Cameo tiaras are the personal property of The King and (yet) not part of the foundation. Both tiaras were presents to Princess Sibylla on the occasion of her marriage to Prince Gustav Adolf. The Connaught from the groom and the Cameo parure from Prince Eugen, great-uncle of the groom. When Sibylla died in 1972 both tiaras were inherited by The King (then still Crown Prince) and since then only five times someone other than The Queen has worn the diamond tiara and the Cameo tiara has only been worn by others at weddings (2-3 times).

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy National Day to all posters from Luxembourg!

The Grand Duchess wearing pearls today:

PPE10062325.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WOW, Princess Alexandra has became so beautiful!

Today she also choose pearls and the same dress that Maxima wore today!

PPE10062305.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Tessy wearing a classical short black dress and interesting jewels:

PPE10062304.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Just for the record - here''s Princess Maxima wearing the same dress today:

PPE10062354.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 2:26:33 PM
No details yet. Just this (not so good) close-up of the ring. It look like a large pear-shaped central diamond with pave-set diamond shoulders.

I wonder wheither The Prince was inspired by last week-end''s the event in Stockholm, or if they were engaged prior to that and only Albert&Charlene and fellow royals knew?

I''ll make a guess that this was decided before the Swedish royal wedding, but that they opted not to say anything because they didn''t want to steal any limelight from Victoria and Daniel.

Next date on the calendar: August 25!!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What fun to have another princess with a wonderful sense of style to watch.

A few pictures of Charlene Wittstock''s jewels, this one described as a diamond & bead collar -- no idea what the clasp is made of, any ideas, anyone?

WittDiamondCollar.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Closeup of the earrings she wore to Victoria''s wedding.

Wittchandeliers.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Love these elegant gray & white pearl earrings, worn at the dinner the night before Princess Victoria''s wedding.

WittPearls.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
And Charlene Wittstock''s clutch bag, "encrusted with gems," says the description.

WittGemsClutch.jpg

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 6:07:48 PM
Author: JewelFreak
What fun to have another princess with a wonderful sense of style to watch.

A few pictures of Charlene Wittstock''s jewels, this one described as a diamond & bead collar -- no idea what the clasp is made of, any ideas, anyone?

Hi,

I think the beads may be peacock or grey pearls and the clasp looks like a form of white jade, Pure speculation on my part though.

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 4:58:35 PM
Happy National Day to all posters from Luxembourg!

The Grand Duchess wearing pearls today:

Is the Grand Duchess'' broach actually a broach or is she cunningly using a pair of earrings as a broach?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Agreed about the pearls. They look like gray pearls to me but hard to tell. The clasp on that necklace is a little startling, to my taste a tad out of sync with the classic formality of the rest of it -- hadn''t thought of jade. Was wondering if it could be some kind of rock crystal, unpolished?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Official Photos from the wedding...the happy couple

victoriadaniel1aa.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Official photo from the wedding...bride and groom with parents

victoriadaniel2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Official photo from wedding...bride and groom with attendants

victoriadaniel3aa.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I saved the best for last...

The bride and groom, family, attendants, a few crowned heads of Europe, a half a dozen or so princely couples, and lots of pretty sparkly things!

victoriadaniel4a.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results