clarity

Royal Jewels

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 5:52:24 PM
Author: metro

Date: 11/7/2007 12:23:21 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Going back to the Duchess of Cornwall''s ''mysterious'' garnet/citrine brooch....I found this photo of Camilla riding in a carriage with Prince William. I think she is wearing that same brooch. What do you guys think? The same?
I know I''m stating the obvious, but Prince William is terribly handsome!
I was thinking a similar thought ---- thank God for Diana''s genes!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Silly question I know but how does the Queen keep the imperial crown in place? You see you would''nt want any silly falling off crown moments to end up on Youtube would you? Any insights would be appreciated
41.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread. When do I get my tiara
17.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
This, as others have stated, is an awsome thread, and my new fav (I check it often during work, hoping for a new pic!)....

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Found some more from the State Opening of Parliament.

The Imperial State Crown.

inperialstatecrown2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 10:58:31 PM
Author: katebar
Silly question I know but how does the Queen keep the imperial crown in place? You see you would''nt want any silly falling off crown moments to end up on Youtube would you? Any insights would be appreciated
41.gif
Kate -

The crown is sized specially for the Queen. I think they adjust the padding around the rim. The Queen has the crown brought to her at Buckingham Palace a few days before the State Opening. They check that it still fits properly and then she spends a few days practicing wearing it. There are stories of the servents seeing her in her robe and slippers attending to government papers with the Imperial Crown on her head. It is very heavy and she complains that it gives her a headache.
1.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
God Love her and Preserve her. I love our Queen and the whole Royal Family - makes me proud to be a Brit.

Thank you so much for the lovely photos. When I was watching the State opeining the other day I wondered how long before the pictures of the crown jewels made it on to this thread - truly wonderful

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2007 4:07:16 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Date: 11/7/2007 10:58:31 PM
Author: katebar
41.gif
Kate -

The crown is sized specially for the Queen. I think they adjust the padding around the rim. The Queen has the crown brought to her at Buckingham Palace a few days before the State Opening. They check that it still fits properly and then she spends a few days practicing wearing it. There are stories of the servents seeing her in her robe and slippers attending to government papers with the Imperial Crown on her head. It is very heavy and she complains that it gives her a headache.
1.gif
Yes, apparently she does her '' boxes'' whilst wearing the crown - as she will be sitting for long periods this is the ideal time for her to practice.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another wonderful shot of the Queen at the State Opening of Parliament.

queensmilesparliament2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I agree - she is really cute. I was really glad when she let her hair go white. It looks great on her. Camilla recently let her hair go whiter too and I think it just looks so much better.

The Queen does look older and more frail these days and there are rumors about Prince Phillip''s health. I personally hope the Queen lasts forever. I''m not looking forward to King Charles. I think he''s hopeless.
8.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree she is adorable, someone you would love to give a hug too. Can''t though!!!

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I imagine if Charles is ever King that Camilla would advise him you think???

Linda

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Lest we neglect the other Royal ladies....

Crown Princess Maxima yesterday at a conference on micro-financing. She really interests herself in economic issues and often gives speeches.

Her brooch looks like a massive cluster of smokey quartz or topaz.

maximaflowerbrooch.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 4:32:28 PM
Author: Linda W
I imagine if Charles is ever King that Camilla would advise him you think???

Linda
Honestly I hope so. I think one of Camilla''s strongest virtues is an ability to keep her mouth shut rather than sticking her foot in it. Charles could do with that lesson sometimes...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another of Maxima with the smokey quartz brooch and you can also see her amethyst drop earrings too.

maximaflowerbrooch2.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's nice to see her smiling and somewhat carefree. She also has very nice teeth!

The Queen that is...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know he had a problem with opening his mouth!!! That is a good virtue Camilla has then.

Linda

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 4:36:30 PM
Author: Linda W
I didn''t know he had a problem with opening his mouth!!! That is a good virtue Camilla has then.

Linda
Well - that''s just my opinion about the sometimes dumb things he says and does.
1.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Mathilde of Belgium attended a conference about cervical cancer in September. I''m not sure exactly what this necklace is made of...crystal beads perhaps? But it is an impressive piece!

mathildecrystal.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another of Mathilde and her massive necklace at the women''s health conference.

mathildecrystal2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
A closeup of Mathilde''s necklace.

mathildecrystal3.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Last one of Mathilde in the crystal necklace.

mathildecrystal4.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
In September Mathilde also attended a gala for one of the RF''s charity foundations. Here she is wearing chandelier type earrings with what looks like garnets.

mathildeearrings.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another angle of Mathilde''s garnet earrings.

mathldeearrings2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And last one of Mathilde at the gala. You can see her ering in this one - looks like a ruby center stone flanked by diamonds?

mathildeering.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
In November Mathilde, who is pregnant with her fourth child, went on an official visit to Quatar.

mathildeqatar2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Mathilde wore a set of earrings and necklace of what looks like tsavorite garnets.

mathildeqatar2007a.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is on an official visit to Nicaragua. She is one of my favorite royals but she drives me crazy because she is very, very modest with her jewelry. I think she does not have the kind of jewelry that she should have in terms of her status. I''m not sure if the Norwegian RF is just really stingy with their jewels or if they are rather "jewel poor" but either way Mette-Marit needs to get a better collection going! She is so pretty and it''s such a shame that they don''t show her off more! I think also that she is naturally a very casual person. When on visits and at events she often doesn''t wear any jewelry at all - not even earrings! Personally I think that if you are a Princess, especially the Crown Princess who will one day become Queen then you have to project a more "royal" image. It will be interesting to see what Mette-Marit does with her jewels when she does become Queen. But until then - oh well - I still love her.

This is the best I could find of her jewelry wise recently. She is wearing a long string of rough rose quartz or possibly amethyst beads.

mette-maritnicaragua2007.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Not jewelry related but I''m posting it anyway because I thought you all might want to see "family portraits" of all these people we are talking about...

and just because they are such and adorable family!

This is Mette-Marit, her husband Crown Prince Haakon and their children. The eldest boy is Marius (Mette-Marit''s son from a previous relationship), the little girl is Ingrid who will become Queen of Norway one day, and the baby boy is Sverre-Magnus.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are such beautiful women!!!!

Linda

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results