color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 5:03:05 AM
Author: Josefine
the longer necklace in her hair

Do you mean the one she wore at her engagement gala?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I like that HM wears jewels at the back of her head, as well as tiaras in front. Do other Queens also wear jewels stuck in their hairs? Here is a picture from the centenarian Nobel Prize Gala:

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i think so, but i have no idee

000022wv.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Lilian wearing another long necklace:

1long.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here we go

2001Nobelmiddag10.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The last picture, Josefine, is great. I''ve never seen The Queen wearing the two necklaces together. Thanks.

Here is Lilian wearing three (?) diamond collet necklaces:

1_1_1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Two of the King''s sisters wering necklaces with small diamonds:

swesis_dnt.JPG

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here is one more

03100782.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here os one more

071121065.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
is still do not get how many necklaces there is in all

CH_007391.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
wedding in norway 2001

KGL000033.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
victoria with oneof the necklaces

06020916.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
one more of lilian

Lilian_5_lilian-80__313293j.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock

of louise

3 necklaces

SAN10285.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Well, lets try to count them:
an extralong necklace worn by Silivia pre-wedding/engagement gala,
a shorter worn by QL(last picture) and CP Victoria,
a shorter necklace worn by Victoria and Lilian (with a button pendant),
The Great Diamond Collet necklace,
a short necklace with larger (graduated) diamonds(QS Japanese SV, photo with a red sash& 9 prong tiara),
Probably one short necklace was extended with the corsage worn by QL - pictures of Princess Lilian,
a few short necklaces with small stones - Princesses Victoria, Madlene, King's two sisters.

If I'm right there must me around 10 (ten) necklaces in the Bernadotte collection.
I'm still not sure if the diamond layers/rows are in fact the two longest necklaces. There is a picture of Queen Victoria of Sweden wearing five diamond necklaces around her neck as a choker. We don't know if these necklaces still exist, or were merged to create some of the longer ones.

With many pictures and comparisons and no information from the Palace or memeber of the RF it's HARD to solve a mystery, like how many rivieras are there in one's collection. I still hope I helped you at least a little, Josefine.

With all my best feelings,
Bobby

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is such an exciting adventure...counting all of the necklaces!!!! The photos are AMAZING....such history!

Thank you SO MUCH for posting them for us!!!!
36.gif

Lori

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
thank you so much

can´t tell you how much your work is apprecheated
these dimond necklaces has been on my mind for a year but i could not tell them all apart really.
this is a start. Iwonder if Tamara on Royal Jewels of the World has more HQ photos ona few of the necklaces

how about denmark is there any necklaces that looks like the swedish

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
danish queen

927369am.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 6:54:16 AM
Author: Josefine
thank you so much

can´t tell you how much your work is apprecheated

these dimond necklaces has been on my mind for a year but i could not tell them all apart really.

this is a start. Iwonder if Tamara on Royal Jewels of the World has more HQ photos ona few of the necklaces

how about denmark is there any necklaces that looks like the swedish

Hi, Josefine!

You are really welcome. To me it was a great pleasure to post some glittering pictures of the Swedish royal ladies in their diamond necklaces. Furthermore diamond rivieras, along with the single pearl string, is my favourite type of necklace. With pearl strings and collet necklaces it''s difficult to know "which is which", so I really did my best.

You must ask Tamara about some HQ close up pictures. I think she''ll post some for you, especially if they can help you for the site. As you probably know she posted some great HQ pics of the Pearl and diamond parure from the Danish collection (Link).

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
PRINCESS MARGARET

256447a.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond Necklace given to her by her grandmother Queen Mary, (est £200,000- £300, 000) PRINCESS MARGARET''S JEWELLERY AND WORKS OF ART TO BE AUCTIONED AT CHRISTIE''S, LONDON, BRITAIN - 09 JUN 2006

592404o.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I''m affraid the Danes fave a much smaller collection of rivieras compared to their Britsh and Swedeish cousins. From the pictures I''ve seen there is only one such necklace that HM The Queen of Denmark uses. You can see it in photo from the Greek state visit earlier this year. Here is another view, this time from the State visit of Bulgarian presidential couple in 2006.

526.jpg.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Nice picure of Princess Margaret, thanks.

Maybe the pendants of the Rosenberg diamond necklace are detachable and it also can be used as a riviera (pic from Mary&Frederik''s wedding):

50837278.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I've read that Princess Benedikte's necklace was a gift from her parents (Greek state visit 2009, RJWMB):

greekstatevisit20093.jpg.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The youngest sister wore a riviera at the 2004 wedding in Copenhagen, but it may be from King Tino''s family as well:

81224834.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
so UK has a few, i have been at corbis looking at photos but i did not find any such necklaces... am i looking at the wrong arcive

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
okay looking on the wronmg place

DIAS730715.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine, do you really mean thet EQII (Windsors) has a few (4,5 or6)?

I think they have the largest collection of rivieras all aver the world. The "problem" is that The Queen has modern necklaces that she seems to prefer. I'm sure that if HM wasn't given all the demi parures from the Arabian Monarchs, she'd have worn the collet necklaces and other hidden treasures more often (grammar?).

This is the three row diamond necklace that The Queen wore on your picture (not three separate necklaces) - The so called "King George VI Festoon necklace" - made with stones (130+ I think) that Albert inherited and set when he became king. It was a wedding present to the then Princess Elizabeth:

King George VI Festoon Necklace.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And one of the few pics I have of Elizabeth II wearing a modest diamond necklace, What orders does HM wear here?

72350620.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results