as a necklace

Bernadotte003.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Anne

892383a.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Hortense DE BEAUHARNAIS, Queen of Holland, wife of Louis BONAPARTE and mother of NAPOLEON III, around 1810

K029041.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Marie Pauline Bonaparte

68216.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister
okay not royal but nobel she is one of silvia lades in waiting

SK001569.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister och Christina von Schwerin

SK001577.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I just want to add that Alice Trolle Wachtmeister and Christina von Schwerin are wearing the new court dress that was introduced by the suggestion of Queen Silvia in the 80''s (1988 if I''m not mistaken.)

The previous court dress (from the late 18th century to the mid 1960''s with small modifications over the years) was black with white, shorter, less elaborate sleeves, but the new court dress is definetly based on the design of the old one.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 5:58:53 PM
Author: robinj
I just want to add that Alice Trolle Wachtmeister and Christina von Schwerin are wearing the new court dress that was introduced by the suggestion of Queen Silvia in the 80''s (1988 if I''m not mistaken.)

The previous court dress (from the late 18th century to the mid 1960''s with small modifications over the years) was black with white, shorter, less elaborate sleeves, but the new court dress is definetly based on the design of the old one.
What are their duties?

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
The Dutch royals are visiting New York right now. Does anyone have photos to post?

Lori

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 7:34:38 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 9/8/2009 5:58:53 PM
I just want to add that Alice Trolle Wachtmeister and Christina von Schwerin are wearing the new court dress that was introduced by the suggestion of Queen Silvia in the 80's (1988 if I'm not mistaken.)

The previous court dress (from the late 18th century to the mid 1960's with small modifications over the years) was black with white, shorter, less elaborate sleeves, but the new court dress is definetly based on the design of the old one.
What are their duties?

Lori

They assist the Queen, making sure that everything runs smoothly when it comes to travelling and performing her official duties as Queen. They are also in charge of the royal housholds and help her with her correspondance.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
The wonderful Queen Louise of Sweden, nee Mountbatten/Battenberg, chatting away with Lady Clementine Churchill at the 1953 Nobel Prize Cermony.

The Queen is wearing the Leuchtenberg Saphires that are said to be her favorite.

This is not clear, but it has been suggested that the saphires from the Leuchtenberg Saphire parure comes from a belt of the French Imperial Saphire parure belonging to Empress Josephine of th French, and that Josephine of Leuchtenberg - later Queen of Sweden - used these when making the brand new parure.
In the 19th century the saphire buttons in the tiara could be removed and replaced by large pear-shaped pearl spikes. I''m not sure that''s still possible. I don''t think anyone since Q Victoria has worn the tiara like that.
Q Louise transformed two hairpins into earrings. (A little bit of history repeating?
1.gif
)

In the eighties it was definetly Queen Silvias favorite - she first used it at a dutch statevisit in 1976 - but in the nineties and 00''s she has started to use a wider scale of jewellery. The parure is still a favorite though... I''m pretty sure no one but Q Silvia has used it since the time of her wedding to the king, when the kings sister, Princess Birgitta of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and Sweden wore it.

nobel1953_339547q.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 7:35:39 PM
The Dutch royals are visiting New York right now. Does anyone have photos to post?

Lori

Here you are - Princess Maxima wearing the central ornament from Queen Wilhelmina''s Borneo Diamond Set as brooch. When I first saw pictures from the event I thought it was an ice-cream brooch, but later I saw this one and understood that I was wrong.

Here you can find more information about the diamond set - Borneo Diamonds Set

And here are more pictures from PPE - Oranges in New York

PPE09090835.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And a picture of her diamond bracelet and ruby/diamond ring:

PPE09090839.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What an absolutely gorgeous brooch that makes! And doesn''t Clemmie look wonderful, talking to Queen Louise. Super photos.

Bobby, I did agree w/you about many ruby tiaras -- in "difficult to wear" I meant they are not the most flattering often: as in, difficult to wear & look your best IMHO. I''m wondering if that isn''t because many of them came from the era of the Raj & styles were a bit heavier? Princess Irina Yusupov had a very nice one. Can''t download the best picture I found of it but it''s here: Chaumet Diamond Ruby Bandeau Unfortunately couldn''t locate a photo of her wearing it, though I know a b/w one exists.

No pictures of Princess Blanche wearing the crown I put up -- it was made in 1400 & they didn''t really do portraits then. It isn''t something we''d expect to see worn now, it''s very medieval, but I love the colored stones in it & its combination of delicacy and exuberance, as if the maker was so in love with the gems, he just couldn''t stop. Don''t generally like medieval jewelry because they were unable to cut gems to show their brilliance as we can now, but this one somehow grabs me.

Haven''t seen any news on the Dutch royals in NY. Is it a private visit? My husband is Dutch, grew up in Rotterdam. We lived in Amsterdam for 5 years when we were first married. He doesn''t care about the royal family at all but I think it''s always fun to see them.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 8:00:27 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Date: 9/8/2009 7:35:39 PM

Lori

Here you are - Princess Maxima wearing the central ornament from Queen Wilhelmina''s Borneo Diamond Set as brooch. When I first saw pictures from the event I thought it was an ice-cream brooch, but later I saw this one and understood that I was wrong.

You can''t help but LOVE HRH Crown Princess Maxima! Together with HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden I think she''s my absolute favorite living royal (with HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and HRH Princess Marie on a close tied 3rd place.)
Her hair never seems to be quite in order, and she has a tendency of using too much blush, but she is RADIATING! She can pull off the weirdest hats, jewels and bijouteries the world has seen!
If I ever met the Crown Princess Maxima I wouldn''t know if I would throw myself at her feet or give her a hug.
1.gif
(don''t worry - it''s just an expression. I would accually know.
1.gif
)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 6:13:56 AM
The wonderful Queen Louise of Sweden, nee Mountbatten/Battenberg, chatting away with Lady Clementine Churchill at the 1953 Nobel Prize Cermony.

The Queen is wearing the Leuchtenberg Saphires that are said to be her favorite...

The Queen was Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh''s maternal aunt and I think they were close. Do we know if The British Royal Famiy is still close with their Swedish cousins?

Here is a picture of the brooch, the earrings and the two remaining hair pins from the Leuchtenberg Saphire parure. For me it''s easy to understand why the parure was a favourite jewel of Queen Louise and now of Queen Silvia.

P.S. - Thank you, Josefine, or the pictures of Countess Marianne Bernadotte. These are the exact pictures I was thinking of.

Bobby

smycke15.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that the Princess wore the two small diamond clusters fom the set as earrings.
I think they''re on an official viasit to celebrate the 400 years of NY. If their visit was a private one was Hillary Clinton going to welcome them? And was Princess Maxima going to wear this valuable jewels?

PPE09090819.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 8:28:37 AM

The Queen was Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh''s maternal aunt and I think they were close. Do we know if The British Royal Famiy is still close with their Swedish cousins?

Here is a picture of the brooch, the earrings and the two remaining hair pins from the Leuchtenberg Saphire parure. For me it''s easy to understand why the parure was a favourite jewel of Queen Louise and now of Queen Silvia.

P.S. - Thank you, Josefine, or the pictures of Countess Marianne Bernadotte. These are the exact pictures I was thinking of.

Bobby
Queen Louise and King Gustav VI Adolf never got any surviving children together; The swedish royal family today is decendent from his first marriage to Margreth of Connaught, so the families are not that close, but I know that the Duke of Edinburgh has represented the British Royal Family at grand occasions, like the birthday of the King.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 8:00:27 AM

Oooh, love the brooch!
30.gif

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
former princess alexandra

50562_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Ingrid

124993_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen ingrid

145396_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
danssh ruby set

155622_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie Magdalenes

161438_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen of denmark

167245_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
dronning Caroline Amalie

168833_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
former princess Alexandra tiara

169978_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
queen of denmark

170808_660_660.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
a other tiara

171443_660_660.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Josefine, these are great pictures of the Danish jewels!!!

Do you happen to have good photos of Queen Ingrid wearing the Khedive tiara?

BTW the "other tiara" is Queen Alexandrine's fringe tiara, that is now owned by one of Prince Knud's sons.

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results